American Idol General Discussion

istersay

I know, but I want a full Asian Chinese/Japanese guy. lmao

I know Laine's mom is Asian, but with Laine it's not easy to tell. Not saying that he isn't Asian enough.

It's just people are all different. I guess I want the typical William Hung joke for Asians gone. A guy that can actually sing. Like. Does that make sense? lol

I want someone who looks like Heejun Han, but sings like a rocker or a soulful guy. In other words I have a type. lol

I know priorities and I'm weird. Hell, I want a rocker Asian lady too. Someone like Cassandra from Wayne's World... :shifty: :haha:

I’d like to have an Asian American woman win. Even if she’s only part Asian American, since Laine is part Asian American and he won. Or I could have a Latina woman win.

• Like 1

Last season, conservative Idol voters rejected an edgy, urban Hispanic guy from CA over someone who comes from the reddest of red states.

The outcome isn't going to change - it's the same people voting for the same type of winner over and over again.

It's no coincidence that in all these years, there has never been a winner from CA or NY. There has never been a rap singer who even came close to winning, considering how popular a genre rap music is. But the Idol audience would never go for that.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

I’d like to have an Asian American woman win. Even if she’s only part Asian American, since Laine is part Asian American and he won. Or I could have a Latina woman win.

We've come close with... Jessica and that's it. lol

Same with Allison. HOW SHE FINISHED 4TH OVER DANNY. :wacko:

Last season, conservative Idol voters rejected an edgy, urban Hispanic guy from CA over someone who comes from the reddest of red states.

The outcome isn't going to change - it's the same people voting for the same type of winner over and over again.

It's no coincidence that in all these years, there has never been a winner from CA or NY. There has never been a rap singer who even came close to winning, considering how popular a genre rap music is. But the Idol audience would never go for that.

Alejandro made Top 20, Top 10, and was an early fave to win the whole thing... Laine just had more screentime and was a fave from the year before who most thought should've made it further.

Alejandro maybe ScaryPoolParty deep down, but he's not that weird/different from say Allison who many fans loved.

Or even David Archuleta who nowadays is a more honest and deep person than that cute kid on Idol 2008...

Maybe I just think that minorities have a shot on this show... (Did you know that Alejandro can rap too? So he made it as far as beatboxer Blake Lewis.)

Skin color, and background don't mean squat though if you can't be creative with your music, and really sing.

Some people thought Alejandro was too light/whispery with his vocals, while Laine was a little more in your face with upbeat and fun performances.

Long post short. Wait and see what the pool of contestants look like before we assume that blacks, Asians, and Hispanics, don't have a shot on the show! :flowers:

And state bias aside... We know the south favors Idol over say The Voice. Maybe they have taste... Just kidding. lol I've always found the CA/NY V.S. the south thing so weird. Like WHO CARES what state the Idols come from? JUST SING DAMN IT. lmao

The reason why I rejected Alejandro was because I felt his vocals were too weak, not because he was edgy, urban or Hispanic. Had he had a better voice, he might have had a better chance.

If Alejandro was a little more visually appealing, that would have helped him.

:ermm:

Alejandro WAS visually appealing imo :ph34rwave:

:thumbs:

I thought he was cute, but whatevs. lol :P

The reason why I rejected Alejandro was because I felt his vocals were too weak, not because he was edgy, urban or Hispanic. Had he had a better voice, he might have had a better chance.

Not gonna lie. His voice isn't the strongest, but what's there is good enough for me! ^_^

I know, but I want a full Asian Chinese/Japanese guy. lmao

I know Laine's mom is Asian, but with Laine it's not easy to tell. Not saying that he isn't Asian enough.

It's just people are all different. I guess I want the typical William Hung joke for Asians gone. A guy that can actually sing. Like. Does that make sense? lol

I want someone who looks like Heejun Han, but sings like a rocker or a soulful guy. In other words I have a type. lol

I know priorities and I'm weird. Hell, I want a rocker Asian lady too. Someone like Cassandra from Wayne's World... :shifty: :haha:

Justice for John Park :icecream:

IPB Image

Does anyone know if Logan Johnson will be going through to Hollywood, still? I've heard many that this was just a marketing thing. And Logan seems happy still, maybe he's still going to be on.

Justice for John Park :icecream:

IPB Image

Does anyone know if Logan Johnson will be going through to Hollywood, still? I've heard many that this was just a marketing thing. And Logan seems happy still, maybe he's still going to be on.

I had high hopes for John and Tyler Grady! Damn season 9... :(

No clue. Kinda hoping if he has a shot he takes it. I don't mind his voice that much...

YAY AT HOLLYWOOD WEEK STARTING! :w00t: