America's Got Talent

istersay

I saw Storm Large post on her social media accounts today that she still doesn't know if she's going to be in the live rounds, but she encouraged people to go get tickets for the live shows. Considering that the first week of lives is only 10 days away you'd think they would know already. I guess it's possible that she knows, but isn't allowed to say and the only way to make sure her fans request tickets is to do it this way. Anyway, I hope those that made it aren't going to have to make some mad dash to get everything in order for themselves and what responsibilities they have at home before they leave to be on the show.

• Like 2

Very sad to hear about Nightbirde, even though her run on the show was brief her impact was huge.

Is it typical for AGT to announce the line up of performers in advance of the show airing a live show? I really want to go support Storm Large in person, but I'm also trying to attend larger events in moderation. Looks like I won't be using my ticket next week since she won't be there. I'll definitely be cheering on and voting for Jimmie Herrod who I've seen sing live with Pink Martini.

If anyone is interested in attending the show in the live audience it looks like plenty of tickets are still available. I noticed they have a pre-lives taping scheduled for this Saturday 8/7.

https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent/

I wonder if they are using that to get footage of making announcements of who got through to lives? I'm wondering how everyone is being notified, Storm did a Q & A this past Saturday after a virtual concert and she seemed genuine in not knowing if she would be continuing on the show.

If anyone is wondering about the show's Covid protocols, while the show is requiring everyone attending the show be vaccinated they will not be conducting Covid tests or requiring any proof of a recent negative Covid test. They will be doing temperature checks and requiring people to answer a health questionnaire at check-in. They are also staggering ticket distribution times in one hour blocks to  avoid long lines forming.

12 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Very sad to hear about Nightbirde, even though her run on the show was brief her impact was huge.

Is it typical for AGT to announce the line up of performers in advance of the show airing a live show? I really want to go support Storm Large in person, but I'm also trying to attend larger events in moderation. Looks like I won't be using my ticket next week since she won't be there. I'll definitely be cheering on and voting for Jimmie Herrod who I've seen sing live with Pink Martini.

If anyone is interested in attending the show in the live audience it looks like plenty of tickets are still available. I noticed they have a pre-lives taping scheduled for this Saturday 8/7.

https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent/

I wonder if they are using that to get footage of making announcements of who got through to lives? I'm wondering how everyone is being notified, Storm did a Q & A this past Saturday after a virtual concert and she seemed genuine in not knowing if she would be continuing on the show.

If anyone is wondering about the show's Covid protocols, while the show is requiring everyone attending the show be vaccinated they will not be conducting Covid tests or requiring any proof of a recent negative Covid test. They will be doing temperature checks and requiring people to answer a health questionnaire at check-in. They are also staggering ticket distribution times in one hour blocks to  avoid long lines forming.

May I ask who are in the line up? I haven't had the chance to look at the tweet (I think it's deleted now)

The taping for Saturday has been labeled as being for Wild Card performances. I'm guessing that would be used to fill some of the last live show slots? When I looked up what the Wild Card was in previous season it seems like it's been used different ways.

49 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

The taping for Saturday has been labeled as being for Wild Card performances. I'm guessing that would be used to fill some of the last live show slots? When I looked up what the Wild Card was in previous season it seems like it's been used different ways.

porbably for nightbirde

AGT just announced their Top 36 for this season!

link: https://www.mjsbigblog.com/americas-got-talent-2021-who-made-the-top-36-revealed.htm

America's Got Talent 2021 Top 36

August 10 Performances

1aChord
Beyond Belief Dance Co.
Dustin Tavella
Gangstagrass
Gina Brillon
Jimmie Herrod
Kabir Singh
Madilyn Bailey
Matt Johnson
Peter Rosalita
Sethward
The Canine Stars

August 17 Performances

Aidan Bryant
Dokteuk Crew
Johnny Showcase
Josh Blue
Korean Soul
Northwell Nurse Choir
Peter Antoniou
Positive Impact
Shuffolution
T.3
Tory Vagasy
Victory Brinker

August 24 Performances

ANICA
Brooke Simpson
Keith Apicary
Klek Entos
Lea Kyle
Michael Winslow
Rialcris
THe Curtis Family C-Notes
UniCircle FLow
World Taekwando Demo. Team
Wildcard Artist (Dylan Zangwill, Matt Mauser, Mike Goodwin, Patrick Kun, or Storm Large)

Just now, sydneysam said:

Wildcard Artist (Dylan Zangwill, Matt Mauser, Mike Goodwin, Patrick Kun, or Storm Large)

Y'all can vote using Peacock- how to vote was explained here: https://www.mjsbigblog.com/americas-got-talent-to-air-a-wildcard-show-on-peacock-viewers-vote.htm. Only one of them will make it through as the 36th finalist :)))

1 minute ago, sydneysam said:

link: https://www.mjsbigblog.com/americas-got-talent-2021-who-made-the-top-36-revealed.htm

August 10 Performances

1aChord
Beyond Belief Dance Co.
Dustin Tavella
Gangstagrass
Gina Brillon
Jimmie Herrod
Kabir Singh
Madilyn Bailey
Matt Johnson
Peter Rosalita
Sethward
The Canine Stars

August 17 Performances

Aidan Bryant
Dokteuk Crew
Johnny Showcase
Josh Blue
Korean Soul
Northwell Nurse Choir
Peter Antoniou
Positive Impact
Shuffolution
T.3
Tory Vagasy
Victory Brinker

August 24 Performances

ANICA
Brooke Simpson
Keith Apicary
Klek Entos
Lea Kyle
Michael Winslow
Rialcris
UniCircle FLow

Where the :censored: is Gabriella? :( 

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, sydneysam said:

August 10 Performances

1aChord
Beyond Belief Dance Co.
Dustin Tavella
Gangstagrass
Gina Brillon
Jimmie Herrod
Kabir Singh
Madilyn Bailey
Matt Johnson
Peter Rosalita
Sethward
The Canine Stars

August 17 Performances

Aidan Bryant
Dokteuk Crew
Johnny Showcase
Josh Blue
Korean Soul
Northwell Nurse Choir
Peter Antoniou
Positive Impact
Shuffolution
T.3
Tory Vagasy
Victory Brinker

August 24 Performances

ANICA
Brooke Simpson
Keith Apicary
Klek Entos
Lea Kyle
Michael Winslow
Rialcris
UniCircle FLow

Why is Sethward advancing but not Gabriella? Wtf? A literal crime.....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Y'all can vote using Peacock- how to vote was explained here: https://www.mjsbigblog.com/americas-got-talent-to-air-a-wildcard-show-on-peacock-viewers-vote.htm. Only one of them will make it through as the 36th finalist :)))

This article has a more detailed explanation about how voting will work. Voting will be on Twitter and will open at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday and close at 7 a.m. ET on Friday. 

https://people.com/tv/agt-season-16-live-shows-36-acts-wildcard-exclusive/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=610bfb1843b80f000127d850

So, I usually pride myself on being to anticipate certain things happening and getting tickets just in case what I think happens does. But this time I ignored the clues that were in front of me yesterday that my girl Storm Large  was going to be part of the Wild Card taping and I didn't request a ticket and now it's full. I've been a fan of hers for 14 years, ever since she was on Rockstar and I see her every time she comes back to SoCal. So needless to say I'm a bit bummed that I screwed this up. But I have confidence that she can win the wildcard and I'll be sure to make it to her quarterfinal performance.

Does anyone find it a bit weird that some of the people in the Wildcard competition got unanimous yesses? I get that they had a lot of singers on this season, but there are other singers that got at least one no that went straight through.

It's interesting that most of the comments I've read so far on Twitter or Instagram are in favor of Matt, Storm, or Patrick, but when you look at how many Twitter followers they have, Matt is definitely playing catch up with the other two.

Twitter followers for Wildcard Contestants:

Storm Large - 20.4k

Patrick Kun - 18.6k

Mike Goodwin - 3,863

Matt Mauser - 941

Dylan Zangwill - 28

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3