The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Color me shocked:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/government-hiring-is-behind-bidens-job-growth

And:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/02/08/pfizer-earnings-covid-vaccine-paxlovid/9221644324988/

The link to news about the Novavax vaccine is interesting... if approved, I may look into it.

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 1

time to end the trucker mandate. it doesnt matter if someone is the biggest Trudeau supproter or Biden supproter supply chain is not a partisan issue. when people go to the store and see the shelves are bare or cannot get their car parts they need, they will not be voting for them again.I bet if you asked most people if they cared the Trucker that brings the food to the sotres is vaxed or not, they wouldnt care either away, they just want the shelves stocked. 

The Democrats are now trying to spin the narrative that they were "against the mandates" the entire time...and I have a feeling it might just be enough for them to maintain the house and the senate if the Republicans aren't careful. (Or at the very least, not be absolutely destroyed in midterms -- the court victories for redistricting are also ones to watch out).

In short -- they are panicking to no end. Voters will believe anything they say.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

The Democrats are now trying to spin the narrative that they were "against the mandates" the entire time...and I have a feeling it might just be enough for them to maintain the house and the senate if the Republicans aren't careful. (Or at the very least, not be absolutely destroyed in midterms -- the court victories for redistricting are also ones to watch out).

In short -- they are panicking to no end. Voters will believe anything they say.

They’re still going to get blown out.

Besides the fact that most people aren’t that stupid, many local municipalities, businesses and school districts will probably keep mask mandates in place for a while. It’s a religion for some of these people. 

Also…there are many other reasons to vote against Democrats in November. Inflation is more concerning to people than covid and masks right now. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Besides the fact that most people aren’t that stupid, many local municipalities, businesses and school districts will probably keep mask mandates in place for a while. It’s a religion for some of these people. 

Also…there are many other reasons to vote against Democrats in November. Inflation is more concerning to people than covid and masks right now. 

They will still be pulling all the stops to try to maintain the two branches of government before midterms. I just hope the voters will recall all of the issues surrounding and caused by the party. Along with not having apathy towards the Republicans by November.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

They will still be pulling all the stops to try to maintain the two branches of government before midterms. I just hope the voters will recall all of the issues surrounding and caused by the party. Along with not having apathy towards the Republicans by November.

I understand your concern, but the issues aren’t going away any time soon, except for maybe covid to some degree. 

• Like 1

At that pace, he’ll raise around $150 million for his campaign. :haha:

—-

The two top contenders for the Democrat nomination. 

For all of 2021….

Charlie Crist: $3.2 Million

Nikki Fried: $2.4 Million

Not sure about their January numbers, or COH, but I would imagine it’s not much to brag about. 

EDIT: here are the COH and January numbers for Crist and Fried 

Edited by TeamAudra

From that CNN poll. As you can see, covid is far down the list of concerns of Americans. From that list, can anyone tell me where Biden has been successful? 

ihUrnUn.png

Half of the country is still afraid of the virus. 

eZXJK8P.png

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21201827/cnn-poll-on-biden-approval-rating-januaryfebruary-2022.pdf

• Like 1

Little students in Las Vegas celebrate the end of wearing face masks in school

February 11, 2022 1:46pm 

Students at a Las Vegas school erupted with squeals of joy upon learning they’ll no longer be mandated to wear masks in class

https://nypost.com/2022/02/11/video-shows-students-in-las-vegas-celebrate-the-end-of-face-masks/

I feel bad for the students especially the little ones, that they had to suffer for two years. They didn't have to, they're not at risk from the virus. 

[cross-posted to CV thread]

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

I couldn't resist posting this link. It's just too perfect:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10503993/Republican-Reps-introduce-HUNTER-Act-ban-taxpayer-funding-crack-pipes.html

The puppet master speaks:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10502909/Obama-gives-Democrats-wake-call-ahead-looming-midterms-disaster.html

Wow. They must really be scared. Oh, and someone tell Joe Manchin that the regular joes aren't going to like tax hikes, either, unless they only affect the wealthy.

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 10:53 PM, TeamAudra said:

But apart from the COVID supply chain crisis, problems with inflation are caused by free market Republicans. Bush's free market policies were the cause of the last inflation crisis and housing crash

2 hours ago, sneaky said:

But apart from the COVID supply chain crisis, problems with inflation are caused by free market Republicans. Bush's free market policies were the cause of the last inflation crisis and housing crash

😂 

I won’t deny that many Republicans have been complicit, but it’s not because of “free market” policies. Both parties like to spend money we don’t have. Democrats prefer to be dependent on foreign oil, rather than take steps to produce more at home. I do not identify with either party. 

Which Democrat do you think you’ll support for Governor? Crist and Fried seem to be leading at the moment. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

😂 

I won’t deny that many Republicans have been complicit, but it’s not because of “free market” policies. Both parties like to spend money we don’t have. Democrats prefer to be dependent on foreign oil, rather than take steps to produce more at home. I do not identify with either party. 

Which Democrat do you think you’ll support for Governor? Crist and Fried seem to be leading at the moment. 

Honestly, I haven't followed them much. Crist is my rep and he's milquetoast. I really don't know if I will vote.

4 years ago I was really invested in the mayor race and this time I didn't even bother to vote.

I've been kind of disgusted with how little Democrats have done with the house and Senate advantages. I know Sinema and Manchin are making things hard but there's ways to hold them to the fire if Dems actually cared. I will say Democrats have a real branding problem. They've only switched places with the Republicans of the 2000s and are now the party of the elites.

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Honestly, I haven't followed them much. Crist is my rep and he's milquetoast. I really don't know if I will vote.

4 years ago I was really invested in the mayor race and this time I didn't even bother to vote.

I've been kind of disgusted with how little Democrats have done with the house and Senate advantages. I know Sinema and Manchin are making things hard but there's ways to hold them to the fire if Dems actually cared. I will say Democrats have a real branding problem. They've only switched places with the Republicans of the 2000s and are now the party of the elites.

They've only switched places with the Republicans of the 2000s and are now the party of the elites.”

I was just thinking about that today. The Republican Party has been positioning themselves as the party for working class people. Y’all know I’m not a Trump fan, but he does deserve some credit for contributing to that. Beyond that, Democrats have immersed themselves in the “Woke” movement to their detriment. Furthermore, people are getting tired of being called “racist” or “homophobic” over simple policy disagreements. That’s the left’s primary mode of attack these days. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sneaky said:

This is a great article that defines some of the major issues that cause inflation:

https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/main-causes-of-inflation/

Items 3 and 5 are huge factors in the current environment.

See also:

https://www.based-politics.com/2022/02/12/have-real-wages-gone-up-or-down-since-joe-biden-took-office/

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/02/12/the-midterm-ads-write-themselves-biden-says-federal-workforce-will-be-getting-600000-new-electric-vehicles/

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 2