The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

yes kids should be in school but with schools that are fully open many teachers are testing postive and kids have to go remote anyway unless they can find subs or parnets to fill in, but that is the only time they should go remote otherwise open school. remote learning is hard for kds. 

This is evidence of how differences in covid policies can alter the global landscape. It is a massive migration of people and businesses, and their friends and family often follow. The obvious concern is whether those fleeing New York and California for Florida will turn it into a deep blue state. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2022 at 12:04 AM, Gmm99 said:
Look, I like Cernovich, but some of his recent tweets regarding compliance is kind of rubbing me the wrong way just by reading them. What do you folks make of this...? Am I missing something here? I do get where he is coming from...but...

Cernovich is a milder Alex Jones, in my book. It's all about the clicks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bswanson said:

yes kids should be in school but with schools that are fully open many teachers are testing postive and kids have to go remote anyway unless they can find subs or parnets to fill in, but that is the only time they should go remote otherwise open school. remote learning is hard for kds. 

Were the teachers wearing masks in the classroom? People seem to forget that wearing a mask protects oneself, not the people around them. Everyone seems to have them bass ackwards. Just ask anybody who works around a sawmill all day. SMH

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This is evidence of how differences in covid policies can alter the global landscape. It is a massive migration of people and businesses, and their friends and family often follow. The obvious concern is whether those fleeing New York and California for Florida will turn it into a deep blue state. 

Eh, the Cubans and Venezuelans will shut them down.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, TeamAudra said:

A couple other red states's AG are also looking into investigating GFM.

Attorneys General of Florida, West Virginia, Missouri, and Ohio have vowed to investigate the site for potentially “deceptive advertising practices.”

GFM now says they're refunding the donors:

"Due to donor feedback, we are simplifying the process. We will automatically refund all contributions directly — donors do not need to submit a request," the statement read. "You can expect to see your refund within 7–10 business days."

The organizers turned to GiveSendGo a couple of days ago, and already raised over $4mil in 2+ days (GFM raised $10mil in 2 weeks). Non-liberal causes and organizations should stop using GFM for fundraising and start using GSG instead.

xM8Ist7.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, season1 said:

A couple other red states's AG are also looking into investigating GFM.

GFM now says they're refunding the donors:

The organizers turned to GiveSendGo a couple of days ago, and already raised over $4mil in 2+ days (GFM raised $10mil in 2 weeks). Non-liberal causes and organizations should stop using GFM for fundraising and start using GSG instead.

xM8Ist7.png

Been following it. 

Looking forward to the day we get our own trucker convoy in the US. 

• Like 2