The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

On 2/28/2022 at 1:40 AM, TeamAudra said:

This is horrifying. I’ve seen similar videos from Philadelphia and San Francisco. When did this become a thing?  

Honestly I just walked to my local grocerry store on the outskirts of the city and there was trash all over the place like that within a few hundred feet of the store. And I dont live downtown or what I would consider to be a ghetto area. I think its just America--to be frank a large chunk of Americans everywhere are self centered and hate to walk to the nearest trash can. Its a common sentiment in America that if it doesn't convenience me then I don't care.  Its a sickness of American culture

Edited by sneaky

15 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

:haha:

That video has over 6 million views in 5 hours. 

The mother of one of the students was upset. Poor guy, had to wear the mask in this video while mom Karen blasted DeSantis. 

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/107892828872600860

EDIT:

He’s in a meme. The  meme was posted hours before the interview.

u31wSbALXYhe.jpeg

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, season1 said:

Here's an analysis of a potential alarming global problem on the horizon:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/03/02/has-the-great-global-food-war-just-begun/

"The U.S./EU/UN message will shift from Putin killing Ukrainians, to Putin/Xi starving the world."

They also produce 17% of the world’s Nickel (needed for batteries). 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-02/nickel-market-eyes-fate-of-siberian-metal-as-sanction-fears-bite

In January of this year, the Biden administration cancelled two federal copper-nickel mining leases in Northern Minnesota. 

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2022/01/26/biden-administration-cancels-twin-metals-leases

How will they reach their electric car goals with a Nickel shortage? LOL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, season1 said:

The mother of one of the students was upset. Poor guy, had to wear the mask in this video while mom Karen blasted DeSantis. 

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/107892828872600860

EDIT:

He’s in a meme. The  meme was posted hours before the interview.

u31wSbALXYhe.jpeg

Why no mask for mom? The kid was clearly happy to take off the mask, and it’s obvious he’s being told by mom what to say here. I feel bad for the kid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They also produce 17% of the world’s Nickel (needed for batteries). 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-02/nickel-market-eyes-fate-of-siberian-metal-as-sanction-fears-bite

In January of this year, the Biden administration cancelled two federal copper-nickel mining leases in Northern Minnesota. 

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2022/01/26/biden-administration-cancels-twin-metals-leases

How will they reach their electric car goals with a Nickel shortage? LOL

Wait till China tries to invade Taiwan. Semiconductor supplies will be severely limited. 

But a global food shortage due to fertilizer shortage would be a huge disaster. Millions will die from starvation. The US will be okay for a while, albeit spending more for food, but poor countries will be hit hard.

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Why no mask for mom? The kid was clearly happy to take off the mask, and it’s obvious he’s being told by mom what to say here. I feel bad for the kid. 

His mother was looking at him while he’s giving his answer, like a coach who closely watches the player to see if he executes the play.

As to why she’s not wearing a mask, they’re outdoors? Most comments are pointing out her lack of mask while the son is masked.

The guy was obviously happy to remove the mask (during the event) but when mom confronted him, he tried to deflect to other people. They also left out the part about Desantis saying they can keep their masks if they want.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, season1 said:

His mother was looking at him while he’s giving his answer, like a coach who closely watches the player to see if he executes the play.

As to why she’s not wearing a mask, they’re outdoors? Most comments are printing out her lack of mask while the son is masked.

The guy was obviously happy to remove the mask (during the event) but when mom confronted him, he tried to deflect to other people. They also left out the part about Desantis saying they can keep their masks if they want.

Yep. According to his Press Secretary, the kids took maskless pictures with DeSantis, out in the parking lot after the event. 😂 This is nothing more than a media generated controversy, and I don’t think it hurts DeSantis one bit. Those who are enraged weren’t going to vote for him anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m probably not the only one here who has noticed the significant movement to punish anyone of Russian heritage. I do not support that. 

Be careful ordering vodka at a bar, you might get labeled as pro-Russian. They will also censor and cancel you if you encourage people to look at other info sources about this war. A teacher in VA was suspended for expressing his opinion that he supports Putin's logic (or justification) and for offering the students an opposing viewpoint by telling them to read Russian news sources. 

As I said earlier, propaganda is flying from both sides but I don't agree with suppressing the information from one side. The Western media and social media are censoring information from Russia and from people in Ukraine who are supporting the Russian military action. They banned RT and Sputnik from the app stores. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

I’m not thrilled with those calling for bombing the 40 mile caravan (looking at you, Sean Hannity), or imposing a “no-fly zone” over Ukraine, which would mean having to shoot down Russian planes. Putin isn’t going to retreat under any circumstances, and we all know he has enough nukes to blow up every major city on the planet, several times over. This seems like it should be common sense, but it’s apparently not the case for some. 

1 hour ago, season1 said:

Be careful ordering vodka at a bar, you might get labeled as pro-Russian. They will also censor and cancel you if you encourage people to look at other info sources about this war. A teacher in VA was suspended for expressing his opinion that he supports Putin's logic (or justification) and for offering the students an opposing viewpoint by telling them to read Russian news sources. 

As I said earlier, propaganda is flying from both sides but I don't agree with suppressing the information from one side. The Western media and social media are censoring information from Russia and from people in Ukraine who are supporting the Russian military action. They banned RT and Sputnik from the app stores. 

Yeah, I’m immediately skeptical of most of what I read on social media. 

Mostly, I’m not happy with the cancel culture crowd thinking they can make a difference by punishing innocent people, who in most cases, don’t even support what is happening. To be fair, we’d have to also do that to the Chinese, Iranians, Afghans, Syrians, Cubans, Venezuelans, etc. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

People's Convoy update:

As of yesterday, 3/2/22, the convoy is about 70 miles long and 10k vehicles when they got to Indiana, before merging with 6 other groups.

Indianapolis rally last night:

They are in Ohio tonight, and headed to MD tomorrow. They will be outside DC on Saturday:

More details here.

• Like 1