The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

On 2/20/2022 at 1:48 AM, TeamAudra said:

I would say right now there’s a bigger difference between the parties than just abortion and guns. The Democrats have moved very far to the left, but they can’t get any of their legislation passed. There are some pretty big differences in a lot of areas, but I get your point. The Republican leadership in the House and Senate is worthless. I’ll take Rand Paul to war with me any day. Everyone else in the Senate has disappointed me at some point. Mike Lee is OK too, but not the guy you want out there trying to make persuasive arguments to the general public. In the House…eh, I don’t know. Massie? Jordan? It’s slim pickings. 

50 GOP senators but only a few I think are trying to do the right things: Rand Paul and John Kennedy, maybe Ron Johnson. I'm keeping an eye on Marsha Blackburn  and Tommy Tuberville; it remains to be seen how they vote on major issues. Josh Hawley seems to make a lot of noise, but I'm not convinced yet.

In the house, Jim Jordan, Paul Gossar, Thomas Massie, Mo Brooks, a few first-termers like Ronny Jackson, Laurent Boebert, maybe Marjorie Taylor Greene. Keeping an eye on Matt Gaetz and Lee Zeldin.

We need term limits. We don't need senators and representatives who are so entrenched in their positions for decades that they no longer represent the people they're supposed to represent.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

“Full MAGA” 

What the hell does that mean? 

He goes on to say he’s “governing like Trump,” and lists all of the Democrat policies he should be implementing. These aren’t even Trump specific policies that Larry is complaining about. They use this on DeSantis too…”just like Trump”…..”even scarier than Trump”….”Trump clone , only smarter,” etc. These are clearly manufactured talking points. 

What kind of tactic is this? They think hanging “MAGA” around their necks hurts them politically. After all of this time, they are still running against Trump. The only politicians using “MAGA” are some of those who Trump has endorsed in upcoming primaries. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

“Full MAGA” 

He goes on to say he’s “governing like Trump,” and lists all of the Democrat policies he should be implementing. These aren’t even Trump specific policies that Larry is complaining about. They use this on DeSantis too…”just like Trump”…..”even scarier than Trump”….”Trump clone , only smarter,” etc. These are clearly manufactured talking points. 

What kind of tactic is this? They think hanging “MAGA” around their necks hurts them politically. After all of this time, they are still running against Trump. The only politicians using “MAGA” are some of those who Trump has endorsed in upcoming primaries. 

Poor Larry. Once a vaunted pollster, now an outted political hack. Trump broke him. Fox canceled him. He's got nothing 😜🤮

P.S. The author of the piece is a Marxist loon who lives in Northern Virginia, home of government employees and government contractors waiting for the money to roll into their bank accounts. Loons.

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

“Full MAGA” 

Compared to the leftist VA government, he might as well be a right-wing extremist since they're so far left that anyone right of center (even a moderate like Youngkin) is a right-wing extremist.

And what's wrong with MAGA anyway. Don't they want to make America great, that they're turning the slogan into a bad thing?

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, season1 said:

Compared to the leftist VA government, he might as well be a right-wing extremist since they're so far left that anyone right of center (even a moderate like Youngkin) is a right-wing extremist.

And what's wrong with MAGA anyway. Don't they want to make America great, that they're turning the slogan into a bad thing?

Yes, they are tying “MAGA” and Trump to other Republicans. I don’t know the effectiveness, but it appears to be a tactic. “He is basically another Trump.” 

• Like 1

The US truckers convoys start this week. But it seems there are two different groups organizing. And one of the groups is insinuating that the other group is fake.

The first group (seems to be the bigger one) is called The People's Convoy.

https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/

They're starting their drive from CA on 2/23/22 and will arrive in DC on 3/5/22.

They're aligned with Freedom Flyers (the group of pilots and airline workers protesting against the mandates), Dr. Malone (the inventor of mRNA who is speaking out against the mandates), Dr. Pierre Kory (FLCCC), liberty lawyers like Thomas Renz, several pastors and faith groups, and other groups who are vocal against the mandates. Here's their press release:

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/press-release-american-truckers-are

The convoy is being assisted by retired military personnel and security experts, who are spearheading logistics in order to ensure a 100% safe, lawful, and peaceful journey.

The People’s Convoy will abide by agreements with local authorities, and terminate in the vicinity of the DC area, but will NOT be going into DC proper.

The second group is called "Freedom Convoy USA" and only has an IG account and FB group with less than 700 likes (created on 2/17/22):

https://www.facebook.com/FreedomConvoyUsa2022

A Maryland mayoral candidate is one of its spokesperson. They're leaving CA on 3/25/22 and arriving in DC on 3/1/22 before the SOTU.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/02/freedom-convoy-usa-trucker-protest-set-to-arrive-in-dc-for-biden-state-of-the-union-address/

I hope both groups are legitimate. But I won't be surprised if one of them could be a setup. We'll see what happens this week and next with the convoys. A Rasmussen poll from last week showed majority of Americans support a trucker convoy:

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, monkshood said:

Unfortunately, a vast majority of the people, both here and abroad, won't know about this because the corporate media won't report on it. I'm surprised that the media aren't included in that collusion. Or at least not in those emails. 

• Like 1

US Convoy #3:

https://americantruckersfreedomfund.com/

Exclusive: ‘American Freedom Convoy’ Set To Launch On March 1

Following weeks of speculation of a potential U.S. trucker convoy, grassroots activists known as the “American Freedom Convoy” are set to launch such a feat next month to protest tyrannical COVID mandates.

Comprised of everyday Americans from across the country, the nationwide protest is set to kick off on the west coast on March 1 and aims to arrive in Washington, D.C. by March 7. According to co-organizer and head of the movement’s Indiana-Ohio region Nicole Robinson, the convoy will accumulate truckers and supporters living in Midwestern, Southern, and Eastern states as it makes its way towards the U.S. capital.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/21/exclusive-american-freedom-convoy-set-to-launch-on-march-1/

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, season1 said:

US Convoy #3:

https://americantruckersfreedomfund.com/

Exclusive: ‘American Freedom Convoy’ Set To Launch On March 1

Following weeks of speculation of a potential U.S. trucker convoy, grassroots activists known as the “American Freedom Convoy” are set to launch such a feat next month to protest tyrannical COVID mandates.

Comprised of everyday Americans from across the country, the nationwide protest is set to kick off on the west coast on March 1 and aims to arrive in Washington, D.C. by March 7. According to co-organizer and head of the movement’s Indiana-Ohio region Nicole Robinson, the convoy will accumulate truckers and supporters living in Midwestern, Southern, and Eastern states as it makes its way towards the U.S. capital.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/21/exclusive-american-freedom-convoy-set-to-launch-on-march-1/

I just saw this too. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 7:04 PM, TeamAudra said:

I saw a Democrat rep from Pennsylvania on Fox earlier, sounding a lot like a Republican, talking about education, parent involvement, etc. he sounded like Glenn Youngkin. There will probably be more of that in the months to come. I hope people don’t fall for that. 

This and the fact that the mandates are being lifted are the reasons why I feel that the Democrats may in-fact maintain control of the House and Senate this coming November. I feel like a broken record saying it but my concern is still there and hasn't faded.

Edited by Gmm99

56 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

This and the fact that the mandates are being lifted are the reasons why I feel that the Democrats may in-fact maintain control of the House and Senate this coming November. I feel like a broken record saying it but my concern is still there and hasn't faded.

The larger cities that still have covid mandates are going to vote Democrat either way, and many of them seem reluctant to give up their face diapers anyway. There is a lot working against the Democrats, but we do still have a long way to go. I do not expect Joe Biden to make a miraculous turnaround between now and November. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, monkshood said:

Also, what do you thin about this?

https://rescueamerica.com/11-point-plan/

Looks like a PAC for Rick Scott? If I actually believed he and the other Republican Senators would do most of those things, that would be great, but… 🤔 

EDIT: In other words, this looks like nothing more than a fundraising scheme. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Republicans flipped a Democrat seat on the Jacksonville City Council today, in a special election. This may not seem like a huge deal on the surface, but the Democrat (he recently passed away) won that seat by 17 points in 2019. Lots of high profile Florida politicians got involved, including DeSantis, Scott, Crist and Fried. 

Democrats are freaking out over DeSantis’ robocall, where he says…

"Nick’s opponent is a radical leftist who openly supports defunding the police and taking officers off the streets.” 😂 

The red wave is coming. 

Here are the results. A 17 point Democrat win in 2019…more than a 3 point win for the Republican in 2022. 20 point swing! 

KQCw1Ne.png

Edited by TeamAudra

“….Democrats are more likely than Republicans to think the U.S. should have a major role in the conflict, 32% to 22%. Overall, the poll shows 43% of Americans now approve of Biden’s handling of the U.S. relationship with Russia, a downtick from 49% in June of last year….”

On 2/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, monkshood said:

Also, what do you thin about this?

https://rescueamerica.com/11-point-plan/

My first thought was it looks like an RNC fundraising and data collection web site, with its pandering "plan".

Then there's its name "Rescue America" which is very similar to Trump's "Save America" slogan since 2021. It makes it seem like it's MAGA oriented or connected with Trump. Reminds me of the politicians and groups who try to appear "Tea Party" in 2010 but are only riding that wave to get elected. Then they quickly become like the usual beltway politician and ignore the people they represent. 

Here's a short article about "Rescue America"

https://truenewsamerica.com/2022/02/23/rick-scotts-rescue-america-plan-is-rino-propaganda/

Rick Scott’s ‘Rescue America Plan’ Is RINO Propaganda

24D70988-DB91-44BA-89A1-6469FA21E32F-150

ByFarrah Hanson

In a move which comes as no surprise, Rick Scott is once again trying to drum up support for his unpopular policies with the “Rescue America Plan,” an extremely unrealistic and pandering PDF file that I’m interpreting as the death rattle of a failing RINO politician.

7 minutes ago, season1 said:

My first thought was it looks like an RNC fundraising and data collection web site, with its pandering "plan".

Then there's its name "Rescue America" which is very similar to Trump's "Save America" slogan since 2021. It makes it seem like it's MAGA oriented or connected with Trump. Reminds me of the politicians and groups who try to appear "Tea Party" in 2010 but are only riding that wave to get elected. Then they quickly become like the usual beltway politician and ignore the people they represent. 

Here's a short article about "Rescue America"

https://truenewsamerica.com/2022/02/23/rick-scotts-rescue-america-plan-is-rino-propaganda/

Rick Scott’s ‘Rescue America Plan’ Is RINO Propaganda

24D70988-DB91-44BA-89A1-6469FA21E32F-150

ByFarrah Hanson

In a move which comes as no surprise, Rick Scott is once again trying to drum up support for his unpopular policies with the “Rescue America Plan,” an extremely unrealistic and pandering PDF file that I’m interpreting as the death rattle of a failing RINO politician.

There’s also speculation that he wants to run for President, but he’s up for re-election in 2024. Regardless, that plan isn’t going anywhere. LOL 

When he puts stuff in there like, “name the wall after Trump,” that is clearly pandering for money from the right. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There’s also speculation that he wants to run for President, but he’s up for re-election in 2024. Regardless, that plan isn’t going anywhere. LOL 

When he puts stuff in there like, “name the wall after Trump,” that is clearly pandering for money from the right. 

I thought about that too. He seemed alright when he was governor of FL but he kinda disappeared when he went to the Senate. I don't think he has a chance for President in 2024 or later.

• Sad 1