SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Shes channeling me <3.  So proud, even though I prefer Jeanine to Kayla.

Oh you. :haha:  

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Y’all saved your petty for this rankdown, where was it during the boring ass DWTS final cuts 😭

IKR? :dead:

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Who’s doing what now? 🙂 

:haha: 

52 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Diana -  :cuts Jeanine:

Everyone else - 

Image result for neighborhood patrol gif

:dead:   

I'm not really bothered since, you do what you gotta do when you want to do it. It just leaves me conflicted on what to do. :dead: 

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

"It's a rankdown, I get it. Like, I respect it. But at the same time, like, even if everybody's favorite gets cut, like, yeah, people are gonna be petty, which is terrible but, like, inevitable?" - Vanessa Hudgens Diana

Meh, I did my part trying not to be petty this round but if it happens, it happens. :haha: 

19 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

"It's a rankdown, I get it. Like, I respect it. But at the same time, like, even if everybody's favorite gets cut, like, yeah, people are gonna be petty, which is terrible but, like, inevitable?" - Vanessa Hudgens Diana

DYING. :dead:

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Shhh, stop being logical amidst an IDF meltdown. 

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Y’all could’ve saved Jeanine with your judges picks.

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I am sad about Jeanine’s cut though. 💔 And I do think it might lead to a few of the random names making the finals instead of the big names.

This is all very true. I do think we'll get some big names in the finals, and it won't be as random as the Version 2.0 of this game. :haha: 

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Who would've thought the messiest thing Vanessa Hudgens did this week wouldn't be her thoughts on the Coronavirus.

Remaining for the other 6 of you:

Ivan Koumaev

Neil Haskell

Lacey Schwimmer

Pasha Kovalev

Stephen "tWitch" Boss

Courtney Galiano

Mark Kanemura

Ellenore Scott

Lauren Froderman

Robert Roldan
Witney Carson

DuShaunt "Fik-Shun" Stegall

Jasmine Harper

Aaron Turner

Paul Karmiryan

Gaby Diaz

Jaja Vankova

Koine Iwasaki

Kiki Nyemchek

Robert Roldan (Season 7)

tumblr_mrlkpwI91a1r1aobco2_250.gifv

FeistyDearestHuemul-small.gif

tumblr_oukv6m8lpF1qcs2cpo1_500.gifv

tumblr_obhwficcxK1vz130uo2_500.gifv

tumblr_ovgjrgNcpX1r2u39uo1_500.gifv

giphy.gif

source.gif

MY FINAL CUT.

Once upon a time, I really loved Robert. I still really love to look at Robert, that has never changed. The man is f*cking beautiful. However, time has changed my opinion of him as a contestant greatly.

Robert was pretty much my favorite contestant of Season 7 while the show aired and shortly thereafter. He was insanely hot and lived close to me. So of course my teenage self gravitated towards Robert. Though looking back at his time as a contestant on Season 7, I'm really curious as to why I loved him so much? Robert literally danced a total of like, three good routines? And only one of those routines is actually memorable. Not even joking. His run as a contestant was so bad. LOL.

Only good and memorable routine: "Fix You" Contemporary with Allison Holker

Two good but unmemorable routines: "XXXO" Jazz with Courtney Galiano & "Norweg" African Jazz with Courtney Galiano

Completely and totally forgettable routines: "Sinking Feeling" Jazz with Kathryn McCormick, "Heaven is a Place on Earth" Contemporary with Kathryn McCormick, "Ganesh" Bollywood with Billy Bell, "Whip It" Jazz with Mark Kanemura, "That Home" Contemporary with Lauren Froderman, "Cool" Broadway with Kathryn McCormick 

All of his bad routines: "Libertango" Argentine Tango with Anya Garnis, "Man with the Hex" Quickstep with Ashley Galvan, "Instant Replay" Disco with Kathryn McCormick, "Wasted Time" Jazz with Lauren Gottlieb, "Drummer Boy" Samba with Lauren Froderman, "Lost" Viennese Waltz with Anya Garnis, "Scars" Hip-Hop with Dominic Sandoval, "The Chosen/Drum Addict" Malevos with Kent Boyd

Was Robert adequately challenged? Sure. Did he suck his way through the competition? Yes. 

There is just no way anybody can justify advancing him this far in the competition off of his time as a contestant alone. Robert landed in the bottom four times before reaching the finals, placing third overall in the finals. None of his solos were good. I am still trying to find reasons to like Robert. "Fix You" is a good routine, but an overrated routine as well. I think people latched on to Robert and overrated him based on the strength of this routine alone.

His journey on SYTYCD would not stop here though. 

Robert returned as an All-Star three times the following season. None of these routines are worth discussing. But at least his Jazz with Caitlynn during the first week of the competition is good. His Bollywood with Clarice WHO Ordaz and Contemporary with The Worst Winner Ever are both boring and forgettable.

Robert would suffer from major injuries during an unfortunate car accident that took place some time after Season 8. I'm really glad that he survived and was able to continue dancing again. He made a triumphant return as an All-Star during Season 10, dancing the very underrated and great Contemporary routine "Medicine" with Tucker Knox. Both of these men had been in life-altering car accidents, and the routine allowed both of these men to express their gratitude for another chance at life. Great routine.

Too bad he had to dance another boring and completely forgettable Contemporary routine later that season with Another Terrible Winner of the Show.

Robert then danced in the finals of Season 11 with The Worst Finalist Ever. The routine is good, but is just another basic Contemporary routine that was overhyped and overrated because of the dramatic red lighting. LOL.

Robert was finally used correctly as an All-Star during Season 12. His stand-in performance as part of Team Stage during "Lift Me" is haunting and magnificent. Robert served as an All-Star for the very great "Angel" with Gaby Diaz. He also danced in the solid "Haunted" Jazz routine with Hailee Payne. All just very solid routines. The part of me that once liked Robert started to return.

Warm fuzzies.

Then he appeared as a Mentor/All-Star for The Next Generation season. UGH. Robert decided to smartly choose the very cute JT Church as a finalist. Even though I hate the season, I will admit that JT and Robert had a beautiful little partnership, and seemed very cute with one another. The only thing that matters is that Robert was involved in the two best pieces of that tragic season:

"The Mirror" and "Send In The Clowns"

Incredible routines and the only routines necessary to watch from Season 13. Though I will say, Robert and JT had a pretty good routine with "Mr. Bojangles." JT (and by extension Robert) placed second in the competition. Robert did pretty well with JT. 

The same can not be said of his next time around as a Mentor/All-Star...

Season 14. Robert picks Taylor Sieve as his finalist, meaning that we would inevitably be forced to watch Robert for an entire season. YAY.

Where do I begin? Let's get the good out of the way first.

"Change Is Everything" is a stunning performance. Truly.

The bad? This performance happened on Week One, and we were then subjected to weeks of Robert's torturously bad dancing.

"Bun Up the Dance Floor" and "Bodak Yellow" are two of the worst routines in the history of SYTYCD. Robert somehow managed to make himself look like a contestant that needed to be eliminated from the season. Robert also danced a pretty bad Broadway routine with Taylor as well.

I liked the Urban and Mandy Moore Contemporary routines that Robert performed with Taylor, but the bad severely outweighed the little good he provided to Season 14.

Robert's best performance that entire season is his role in the iconic "Call Me Mother" group routine. Season 14 sort of reignited my dislike for Robert. LOL. I almost wish he had not been chosen as an All-Star. But he is a producer favorite, and is very close with Jeff Thacker, Nigel Lythgoe, and Mandy Moore. So he will always be present on this show, until the bitter end.

The last two seasons have seen Robert appear as both a choreographer and All-Star.

Season 15: Robert choreographed a pretty good Contemporary routine for Hannahlei + Marko. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his choreography. He then danced a super basic Mandy Moore Contemporary routine in the finals with the wretched Jensen Arnold.

Season 16: Robert choreographed a very good Contemporary routine for Ezra + Gaby. Shocked once again. He then danced...you guessed it...a super basic Mandy Moore Contemporary routine in the finals with the wretched Mariah Russell. 

All of this to basically say Robert Roldan has given the show many great routines and a lot of his dedication. However, Robert has given far more terrible routines than good ones, and is horrendously bad outside of Contemporary/Jazz routines.

He is not good enough to advance to the finals. Period.

tumblr_m419gl0kRN1r1aobco1_500.gif

• Sad 1