SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

super heartbreaking side note 💔 I’m in shock. 😢 

"It's a rankdown, I get it. Like, I respect it. But at the same time, like, even if everybody's favorite gets cut, like, yeah, people are gonna be petty, which is terrible but, like, inevitable?" - Va

Melanie Moore and overstaying her welcome?

Posted Images

Ivan Koumaev

At first I was originally going to cut Clarice before all the cycle rules was revealed by Amanda. The next in line was Kent but Elliott saved him. Then was Aaron but Wally surprised me and he took care of that. That leaves Ivan Koumaev as my least favorite dancer remaining and the one I choose to cut at this moment. I totally expect Andrew and Elliott to cut two of my favorites before the top 20 so I might as well give them a reason. 

Ivan Koumaev originally appeared on the second season of the show where he was originally paired with Allison Holker in a mediocre partnership outside of two routines.  Their first routine together was a salsa to El Temblor which was arguably the worst routine of the season, like seriously, how weren't they eliminated that week??? I will never know. 

Next week they danced a mediocre hip hop where they again sucked. So at least they were showing consistency.

For week 3, they danced the Argentine tango that somehow the judges though was great. I mean it was better than their two first routines but calling it good is an exaggeration.

The next week they did the West Coast Swing that was also mediocre but to be fair with them, most of the choreography was mediocre that season.

For the final week together, they danced Why, a super overrated contemporary that wouldn't even rank in my top 300 contemporaries if I'd ever make a list. But I guess this was their greatest moment as a couple up to that point, so I will give them that.

After splitting the couples, Ivan was paired with Martha for two routines that were not good either. The hip hop was the best one but still not good meanwhile their waltz was a terrible routine and again one of the worst of the season. Martha was cut during this week while Ivan luckily survived.

Top 8 was by far, Ivan's best week with two actual great routines where he was reunited with Allison again. I'm probably on the minority but I actually like their second attempt at the tango which I think was good. Their hip hop was amazing and it's actually one of my favorites from the season so I guess it wasn't all bad with those two.

America saw the light and Allison rightfully got eliminated this week but Ivan survived again which was fine cause I preferred him over Ryan anyways. However, he wasn't going to be this lucky during the next week and top 6 would be his last showing in the competition. He got to dance with Natalie, and delivered the other two routines from Ivan that I enjoy which were a contemporary and a jive. The contemporary was beautiful and one that I've always found underrated and the jive was fun. But to be honest all the merit goes to Natalie who was the one carrying the routines. 

I won't say Ivan robbed anybody in his season as there really weren't many great guys, well only Musa was robbed. But his body of work is nowhere near good to justify its placement in this the top 20, so this is where we will be saying goodbye to him.

WITNEY CARSON

dancing with the stars dwts GIF

Witney Carson is a ballroom dancer who first rose to prominence as better the superior ballroom female on the hot mess that was season nine. She showed early promise in her audition, but was then saddled with dead weight Chehon in the live shows, which hindered her growth on the show. Nonetheless, she managed to shine in their ballroom routine, their Bollywood, and both of their contemporary routines. She notably was much better in the Calling You reprise than Heidi was in the original routine, but that's not hard to accomplish. When the All Stars were brought in, Witney shone tremendously, such as excelling in a jazz with Nick Lazzarini for the rare instance of Nigel remembering S1's existence.

It was the week after that Witney scalped us all and delivered the best routine of the season, and one of the finest hip-hop routines ever. Luther Brown made his debut on the US show, and partnered with tWitch Boss, Witney gave us My Homies Still. Legendary. Iconic. Sick. #Ratchet. Witney had shown glimpses of her versatility as a dancer, but I don't think any of us expecting the barely out of high school mormon teenager from Utah to so effortlessly deliver a hip-hop of that magnitude. 

Of course, because this is America, Witney still found herself eliminated after this routine (even if it wasn't announced until the following week). Utah can give Evan McMullins like 30% of the vote in their state, but can't even support Witney Carson smh.

Post-show, Witney was brought onto Dancing With the Stars, and she has truly excelled as a professional partner there. Witney won with Alfonso Ribeiro in an iconic partnership, managed to drag Frankie Muñiz into the finale, and finished as the runner-up who should've won over the actual winner alongside Milo Manheim and Kel Mitchell. She also helped Chris Mazdzer appeal to his fanbase and in my French Vanilla Fantasy™, will be James Hinchcliffe's partner for the second All Stars season.

Anyway, it goes without saying I absolutely love Witney and would be giving her a high ranking if she was in the Top 20, but this is entirely a petty cut now.

18 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yes I'm very focused on that :/

Well Andrew’s the only one left to cut so say hi to Top 20 Contestant Neil Haskell. :wub: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Why Elliott, why?

Rei cut Ivan, so I cut Witney.

I had a non-petty cut/write-up lined up that I was originally going to go with.

Just now, Elliott said:

Rei cut Ivan, so I cut Witney.

I had a non-petty cut/write-up lined up that I was originally going to go with.

Parvati would not like this.

Dang I was hoping Witney could have made Top 20 - and the last person I expected to cut Witney is Elliott. :dead: 

BUT I'm fineee with that since at least it wasn't one certain dancer. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

and the last person I expected to cut Witney is Elliott. :dead: 

My desire to be petty outweighs my personal feelings.

Still bitter y'all wasted your DWTS final cuts on, like, Nyle DiMarco, Erin Andrews, and Monique Coleman when I can now see what y'all can truly pull off :))

• Haha 1
Just now, Elliott said:

My desire to be petty outweighs my personal feelings.

LMAOOO I know. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

wig snatch GIF

Me at these cuts. My wig is gone

:dead: 

UGH I wish I made my petty cut. I'm missing out on all of the fun. 😢 

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Still bitter y'all wasted your DWTS final cuts on, like, Nyle DiMarco, Erin Andrews, and Monique Coleman when I can now see what y'all can truly pull off :))

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Okay, I can go retroactively cut Normani Kordei instead.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

LMAOOO I know. :dead: 

UGH I wish I made my petty cut. I'm missing out on all of the fun. 😢 

Your cut was plenty petty towards two people that didn’t cut Courtney & Jeanine. :ermm: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Your cut was plenty petty towards two people that didn’t cut Courtney & Jeanine. :ermm: 

Except that wasn't a petty cut AT ALL. :dead: I do wish I could have gone a different route though.... but oh well.

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

shooting see ya GIF

Live footage of Lauren Froderman

Shush your mouth, please. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Elliott’s pettiness just gave Tiffany the win for season 9. :dead: 

LOL I was going to point this out. :dead: LOL Elliott handing Tiffany the S9 win. As if he and Deee don't work together. :dead: 

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

yaueghhzg3331.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=bb6e29eddf9df74a7cc3c6e40aff2d6682288cf4 

I promise I wasn't. You would have known FOR SURE. :haha: