2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

calvin johnson abc GIF by Dancing with the Stars calvin johnson dwts GIF by Dancing with the Stars

Are we surprise that I am cutting Calvin Johnson? Absolutely not as I cut him, last time around - if my memory serves me correctly. As we all know, Calvin was on the 23rd season of Dancing With The Stars where he was partnered with Lindsay Arnold.  As a contestant, Calvin did surprise us week after week - I didn't expect him to be as good as he was. He is one of those contestants that really improved as the season went by - their first score was a 26 out of 40 to a cha-cha-cha. They did offer us some memorable dances such as their Tango, Jive/Quickstep fusion. I didn't really care for their freestyle. Anyway, I think they should have finished in 5th or 4th. Also, I just cut him as it was easier to write about him than anyone else and I wanted to save Courtney so there's that - I feel bad as it reminded me that I actually enjoyed him and Lindsay's partnership. Oh well :ph34rwave:

SAVING: COURTNEY ACT

VICTORIA ARLEN

I just realized with this cut, Frankie Muñiz is somehow in the top two from his season which is a choice. But Victoria is more than a fair cut by now, imo, and I say this as a Val stan. Victoria Arlen was on the twenty-fifth season (aka the season Lindsey Stirling was robbed) and her backstory was that she was a paralympic athlete who had developed an illness when she was younger that left her in a vegetive state for close to four years which legitimately sounds absolutely terrifying of a situation to be in. Recovery was thought of as unlikely, but she eventually relearned how to move, talk and eat. Eventually she learned how to walk. To be completely honest, I don't remember that much about her routine outside of her dance on Most Memorable Year week, which is perhaps fitting since I felt like the dance she was invested in the most. Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, she didn't necessarily overstay her welcome, but I personally would've rather had Vanessa & Nikki in the Top 5 over her and Frankie and Jordan, so it is what is is.

SAVE: Tia Carrere

Cameron Mathison

300?cb=20160723172246

I was torn between saving Patti or Willa, and while Willa was a better dancer, I would have been primarily saving her for "I Wanna Be Bad" - while this is a bop, it can't compete against Patti and her 50+ million record sales. Artem also took a few hits not so long ago and so I can't let it happen right now. I know people might think now is time to cut Patti being one of the weaker dancers, but the truth is, this show would have been cancelled had it not been for her iconic "In Da Club" Salsa. If there was a Mount Rushmore of DWTS contestants, it would feature four sculptured faces of Patti LaBelle.

Anyway this only has to be 100 words and I've just spent 118 writing about Patti. So I better make up for that and talk about Cameron I guess? Cameron is someone who I just don't really recall being so memorable. Despite this, DWTS was pretty good for his career and he was able to take some reporting jobs, some based around DWTS, from his time on the show. He was a nice guy, but the stars of Season 5 were arguably Mel, Sabrina and Helio, and on top of that, I really liked Jennie and Jane too, which left Cameron a little in the background for me. Looking back at his scores I kinda forgotten how well he had done. He got a lot of 8's and 9's, receiving three 27s, for his Jive, Paso Doble, and Viennese Waltz. He and Edyta were also a good-looking couple and that of course helped. Just recently, Cameron underwent treatment for kidney cancer. Thankfully, following surgery he revealed he was cancer-free! While Cameron isn't someone who I remember a whole lot, I always liked his enthusiasm for the show and the engagement he kept with his presenting work afterwards. I think he was rumored for All-Stars at one point which would have been random lol, but hopefully we'll see him back in the ballroom in another capacity at some point.

Saving Patti LaBelle

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

He's my favourite Lindsay partner not that that's hard to accomplish

Well at least there's that. :lmao: I do prefer Wanya and Jordan but Calvin was an easy 3rd fave.

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

It was a panic cut :(

Aww i understand. :( :hug: 

DeMarcus Ware

SadFragrantAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_r

DeMarcus was the obligatory football player of the season 27 cast and was entirely forgettable during his time on the show. I remember everyone had him pegged as a finalist due to the very good track record of football players on DWTS but no one was shocked by the time he was sent home in a double elimination along with John Schneider because he was that underwhelming. He was partnered with Lindsay Arnold for his run on the show. His highest score was a 27 for his Viennese Waltz and his lowest score was a 22 for his Paso Doble. Speaking of that Paso Doble, it was performed during the celebrity trios week and they brought in Rashad Jennings for it because of course they did. The dance ended up being really underwhelming, though. He was eliminated the same week he danced his Viennese Waltz, so at least he went out on  a high note? He didn't really much impact in the long run, so his elimination was no big loss to the show, just as his cut is no big loss to the rankdown.

SAVING: Chynna Phillips

Terra Jole

image.jpeg.6500ffd23b50742c12293562be70b09e.jpeg

Terra Jole, best known for being on Little Women LA, was on Season 23 of Dancing with the Stars, partnered with Sasha Farber. She was great, however her dancing not that great and very mediocre. Her standouts during the season were pretty much everything not to do with dancing as her and Sasha were equally matched in the pranking department. Her best dances were her trio and the other dance that week, unfortunately she was eliminated that week. I’m doing this writeup quickly as I’m out at the moment and needed to save Robert. Anyway if you can cut Noah out early for not having any limbs, I am cutting Terra now for having similar limitations.

SAVING: Robert Herjavec

Willa Ford (Season 3)

giphy.gif

About time. Willa Ford is part of the mostly terrible cast of Season 3. Willa is a mostly unaccomplished pop singer and actress. LOL. Though nowadays she is married with a child and is the principle designer of a Los Angeles based design firm that she owns. Good for her.

Willa was partnered with Maks Chmerkovskiy and the two were a rather sexy pairing. The two also happened to be one of the only good partnerships that season. That is why her early elimination that season is so unfortunate. Willa danced a Foxtrot, Mambo, Jive, Waltz, and Rumba during her time on the show. Though Willa was definitely robbed during Season 3, she really did not do very well until her final two weeks on the show. Willa really did deliver with the Waltz and Rumba though, scoring a 29 and 27 respectively for these routines. Willa was eliminated after Week 5, placing seventh in the competition. Her final average is a 24.4, which is the fifth highest average for the season. There is not much more to say.

SAVING: Cristián De La Fuente