Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

Kinsey Rose (season 21) turned 2 chairs and joined Kelly's team after she blocked Blake. Kinsey has performed at Ole Red Nashville in the past and will be back there on June 6 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.  

• Like 2

Moriah Formica and her band Plush have their second top 40 Billboard Mainstream Rock Airplay single with Better Off Alone and a new single out on 06.10.  Meanwhile, since opening for the Evanesence/Halestorm tour, they've opened for Slash with Miles Kennedy, Wolf Von Halen and Sevendust. They're currently on the festival circuit

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Moriah Formica and her band Plush have their second top 40 Billboard Mainstream Rock Airplay single with Better Off Alone and a new single out on 06.10.  Meanwhile, since opening for the Paramour/Halestorm tour, they've opened for Slash with Miles Kennedy, Wolf Von Halen and Sevendust. They're currently on the festival circuit

I've been listening to them a lot.

5 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Moriah Formica and her band Plush have their second top 40 Billboard Mainstream Rock Airplay single with Better Off Alone and a new single out on 06.10.  Meanwhile, since opening for the Paramour/Halestorm tour, they've opened for Slash with Miles Kennedy, Wolf Von Halen and Sevendust. They're currently on the festival circuit

I love Plush. Some of my favorite post show music to come from a Voice contestant 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, rhapsody99 said:

Alexa Cappelli from Season 14 just signed with Arista Records. I mentioned in the TikTok thread that she had a video go viral, it currently has  15 million views. But more importantly that attention led to her music in general streaming at a lot higher rate. I don't know if what role the viral moment had in her getting signed, if any, but I'd imagine it had to have at least made her more attractive to them. The song in the TikTok post, "Could've Left Me Alone" drops this Friday 5/27.

When Alexa was on The Voice she had just turned 18. I know there are some on here that love to dump on the teens on the show, but from what I've observed a lot of them have a lot of maturity, work ethic, and drive to succeed that's really important to have to be able to "make it" in this business.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd_5B8dAE6A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Update, Alexa's "Could've Just Left Me Alone" has gotten 3 million streams on Spotify since it's release just 10 days ago. As far as sales, Alexa peaked at #8 on the All Genres chart and #3 on the Pop chart. The song has good placements on a few Spotify playlists right now which could drive even more streams. 

• Like 1

Several singing show contestants—too many to list here—will perform or appear in Nashville June 9-12 for CMA Fest 2022.

This link provides an alphabetical listing of all artists who are scheduled for a performance or a meet & greet. A few were added too late for photos and bios, but you can click any name to find out when and where that artist will be appearing.

https://cmafest.com/lineup/#/artists/alphabetical

(Also see my post below for an updated schedule of performances at Spotify House - Ole Red Nashville during the festival.)

https://www.cmaworld.com/cma-fest-2022-initial-lineup-announced
https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2022/05/31/cma-fest-2022-lineup-performers-schedule-downtown-nashville-festival/9938786002

Edited by RTV

Ole Red Nashville tweeted the updated Spotify House schedule for June 9-12. In addition to the revealed performers, there are three "surprise" performances Thursday through Saturday—one per night.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Big release day for the country artists:

New Single from Season 11 Winner Sundance Head: "The Moment"

Season 17 Winner Jake Hoot: "Had It To Lose"

Ian Flanigan: "Last Name On It"

Not a new single but an acoustic version of "Break My Heart Again" by Danielle Bradbery

Non-country artist:

S21 winner Girl Named Tom is featured in a rerelease (I think?) of "Every Story" by Mick Dimitri

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, taylanastan said:

Not sure if this is the point of this forum but I listen to Isabel dumas’ (2 time no chair that was never aired) song sorry almost every day. It’s on Spotify just look up sorry by Isabel 

Such a good song and such a talented musician!

Got some laughs from this serious but funny reaction video by OldSkuleNerd to Plush's cover of Alter Bridge's Isolation from his first time listening to the band. He's over the top - love at first sight. 😂 Moriah is Joan Jett before it's over. "Regardless of your gender identity ... you have to ask yourself - which one of these women would kick your a__ fastest."

Btw, YouTube comments are terrible, right? Check the comments to Will Not Win posted above, including the AARP section on the first comment. lol Some serious fans out there.

Edited by WastedinMemphis