The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

37 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

An actual unpopular opinion.. What happened to the taste this season???

In all seriousness they are overdone songs too so I imagine that doesn't help.

Imagine thinking QueenCami had taste to begin with 😩

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Even as someone who preffered Kala, Ray has the smoothest voice in the competition, his tone is pretty distinct as well among rnb male singers. Definitely doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

Ray is basic, dull and boring. He's not a bad singer, but everyone KNEW Chance was gonna choose him. And I hate to bring race into it but like... yeah lol. 

It was pretty obvious imo and I haven't even watched a lot this season. I totally understand Chance having his faves and bias, I think we'd all be the same, but it's sad that if it was vice versa re: the race issue then people would be going MAD over his decision.

• Confused 1

On 5/9/2023 at 8:14 AM, FloorWax said:

NOIVAS ended up being my least favorite member of the Top 8. Ray is the most mediocre but at least I’ve never actively disliked any of his performances. I seriously haven’t found myself enjoying anything the guy has done besides some parts of his KO I guess. And his Playoff was his worst yet imo. I still have respect for his skills but I cannot get myself to enjoy him even if I tried. Is this how Clark Beckham feels about Wé Ani?

He doesn’t deserve the pointless, groan-inducing discourse around him that has plagued the forum this season, but I can’t say my distaste for his haters makes me like him any more.

I was just about to say WOW do you actually have taste this season then I saw D.Smooth in your faves

4 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

Now THIS is unpopular. Kala did not deserve to be eliminated, but I blame the format for that more than anything else.

Yeah, the format is messed up. But tbh, Kala and Jamar were my least favorite performances on Team Chance  that night, even though I have enjoyed Kala’s previous performances and Jamar has been one of my favs throughout the competition. 

Edited by xfactor22

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

i don't think i particularly care for ryley or gina's playoffs performances. haven't watched ross'. thought tasha and michael's were a bit messy.

I enjoyed Ryley’s. I can agre a little on Gina. I think Gina’s was nice but pretty overrated. I would’ve advanced Tasha over Gina if we were basing it solely on the night’s performances. 

11 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

I was just about to say WOW do you actually have taste this season then I saw D.Smooth in your faves

17 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Imagine thinking QueenCami had taste to begin with 😩

You just insulted half of the IDF Voice Sub-forum lol. Chilllll.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Sadly, it’s nothing new tbh. Sometimes you just got to ignore  people who just intentionally try to get a reaction out of people because they think they’re being “edgy” or “controversial.” 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Ray is basic, dull and boring. He's not a bad singer, but everyone KNEW Chance was gonna choose him. And I hate to bring race into it but like... yeah lol. 

It was pretty obvious imo and I haven't even watched a lot this season. I totally understand Chance having his faves and bias, I think we'd all be the same, but it's sad that if it was vice versa re: the race issue then people would be going MAD over his decision.

I had nothing to do with race. If it was, he wouldn't have chosen a trio of three white girls over a black woman and a black man (Who actually did well). C'mon. 

And apparently, he likes Sorelle more than Ray too, who's also black.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

I'm sorry that I don't dislike every African-American contestant in the Top 8 /s

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

what

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I had nothing to do with race. If it was, he wouldn't have chosen a trio of three white girls over a black woman and a black man (Who actually did well). C'mon. 

And apparently, he likes Sorelle more than Ray too, who's also black.

Not to mention, if people pay attention on IDF, people are “MAD” at Chance on IDF for advancing Ray over Kala (I personally think he made the right decision, but still).

Again, some people have nothing better to do than make up scenarios in their head to try and be “controversial” or find ways around of saying things they actually wanna say. In some instances, ignoring them is the best bet. 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Not to mention, if people pay attention on IDF, people are “MAD” at Chance on IDF for advancing Ray over Kala (I personally think he made the right decision, but still).

I really think Ray deserved a spot in top 8.

I think Kala, Sorelle, and Ray all deserved to move on, but it had to be two only, unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I really think Ray deserved a spot in top 8.

I think Kala, Sorelle, and Ray all deserved to move on, but it had to be two only, unfortunately.

Thank you. Personally I’d pick Manessah over Kala if we’re basing it soley on the performances from the night but I know I’m probably the only one on IDF who didn’t care for Kala’s playoff. But tbh, all five of Chance’s artists were pretty good overall. 

2 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Thank you. Personally I’d pick Manessah over Kala if we’re basing it soley on the performances from the night but I know I’m probably the only one on IDF who didn’t care for Kala’s playoff. But tbh, all five of Chance’s artists were pretty good overall. 

I wasn't a fan of Kala's performance at the start, but it has grown on me a lot. 

I think except for Manasseh, all of TC's members were really solid.

7 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Yeah, the format is messed up. But tbh, Kala and Jamar were my least favorite performances on Team Chance  that night, even though I have enjoyed Kala’s previous performances and Jamar has been one of my favs throughout the competition. 

7 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

I enjoyed Ryley’s. I can agre a little on Gina. I think Gina’s was nice but pretty overrated. I would’ve advanced Tasha over Gina if we were basing it solely on the night’s performances. 

6 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Well I don’t agree with any of these opinions at all lol.

That being said, Manasseh didn’t quite deliver for me, but I don’t think she flopped either.

7 hours ago, Stacey. said:

How is it even a race issue? You’re making a non-issue an issue.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, QueenCami said:

i don't think i particularly care for ryley or gina's playoffs performances. haven't watched ross'. thought tasha and michael's were a bit messy.

Ummm what? I guess I’m disagreeing with IDF today.

Edited by Anybody354
clarification
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Well I don’t agree with any of these opinions at all lol.

That being said, Manasseh didn’t quite deliver for me, but I don’t think she flopped either.

For me, Manessah seemed technically perfect . Preference wise, she wasn’t my favorite that night, but not my least favorite either. 

18 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Ngl I thought the implication that 2 people alone constitute half of TV subforum was kinda funny :stealth: (although you probably didn't mean it that way)

• Haha 1

I thought Holly’s PO was her weakest so far. She didn’t even look as comfortable on stage as she usually does. IDF seems to love this performance, and I just don’t get it. 

Her blind was her best so far. 

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I thought Holly’s PO was her weakest so far. She didn’t even look as comfortable on stage as she usually does. IDF seems to love this performance, and I just don’t get it. 

Her blind was her best so far. 

I don't think her PO was her best vocally, but it was still my fav from her. Mainly bc of the emotion she showed.

23 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

For me, Manessah seemed technically perfect . Preference wise, she wasn’t my favorite that night, but not my least favorite either. 

I think she had some flat notes but she had enough good moments where I wouldn’t consider it a flop.

20 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Holly is a pageant queen singer and it shows. She’s not believable or genuine in the way she sings. 

In all seriousness, Holly is a very impressive singer, but she isn’t my fav.