The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

When Janelle, Britney and Vanessa get knocked out? :dead:

Janelle was first boot 🙈. Vanessa got a bad swap. Britney got taken out when the Big Brother alliance decided to target her over literally any of the Survivors :dead:

7. Vanessa Rousso

HSDOOCUTIRHEJPDJG5BJJULY4Q.jpg

Steven - 1/20

Public - 3/20

Amanda - 4/20

Sola - 4/20

Lily - 7/20

Fifi - 20/20

QueenKalie - 20/20

Victoria - 20/20

STEVEN

giphy.gif
tumblr_nt2du8JB0L1rd507jo4_r1_500.gifv

Vanessa Rousso and Sandra Diaz-Twine were the two people I was really hoping would make it to the Top 20 of this rankdown. Queen Sandra was robbed, but thankfully Vanessa is here in the Top 20. I did have to make some deals along the way, but I’m glad Vanessa managed to make it to the end without being targeted much. I don’t think she’ll win this rankdown, but Vanessa easily gets the #1 spot on my ranking.

KRRYJIN.gifkTCs6qs.gif

RjAbnMM.gif8koRHAb.gif

Vanessa competed on Big Brother 17 nearly five years ago. She was a professional poker player, but she managed to keep that under wraps. Vanessa was part of two dominant alliances in the house: Sixth Sense and Scamper Squad. The great thing about the original Sixth Sense alliance for Vanessa was that she positioned herself right in the middle. Clay and Shelli would always choose Vanessa over the Austwins and the Austwins would always choose Vanessa over Clelli. Plus, two showmances and a pair of twins would always theoretically be a bigger target than Vanessa. Therefore, Vanessa aligned herself with people she could use as shields. In addition, Vanessa had a side deal with Steve going on too, and he replaced Clelli in the new alliance Scamper Squad after the showmance was evicted. And as for people outside of her alliance, Vanessa was willing to make any kind of deals with people to protect herself. However, Vanessa was always the MVP of her alliances. Vanessa won plenty of HoH competitions, as did her allies. But when her allies were in power, they would oftentimes come to her for advice. And Vanessa would always approach each situation analytically to position herself as best she could. She is such an intelligent person with a background in game theory, and her skills helped her succeed in the game. Throughout Big Brother 17, Vanessa was a force to be reckoned with as she played one of the most impressive Big Brother games and is still considered one of the best to ever play.

c4b6b310-2cd7-0133-09cb-0e76e5725d9d.gif

IdleDelectableKissingbug-small.gif

It’s hard to simplify Vanessa’s strategy, but a main part of her game is that she looks at the game from the other houseguests’ points of view and sees what their incentives are. She then positions herself in places that would benefit other people and herself, and she uses her game theory background to calculate the odds that would work best for her. She’s always looking many steps ahead, and she avoids any shortcomings with deals and alliances. She’s also good at keeping secrets, and she often looks for “the reason” to explain to people outside her alliance why she made the decisions she did. Also, despite how cutthroat Vanessa is, she is still a very loyal ally and worth keeping around for people aligned with her. She always stayed true to her Sixth Sense alliance members, only turning on Clay and Shelli when they were the only options. She eventually turned on Julia before John, but there were so few people remaining at that point and the timing was appropriate too. And although she was more closely aligned to Austin than Steve in the beginning of the game, it made sense to break up a showmance at that point in the game. Although it was a brutal blindside against Austin, Vanessa choosing to evict him was the right move.

Mr3Neb8.gif

tumblr_nt6adxBpZ31rd507jo6_r1_250.gifPfErUXA.gif

PoVWjZv.gif

I typed a very long and detailed account of Vanessa’s game in the Big Brother rankdown, but I won’t be as verbose this time. Nonetheless, my appreciation for her remains the same. Vanessa was so fascinating to watch as she was both a strong player strategically and competitively, but also very emotional and never afraid of confrontation. Some of her best moves were helping sway Shelli out of using her ally Liz as a pawn (who might’ve been evicted), getting Julia to open up to her about the twin twist first (instead of gossiping about it like the rest of the house) to gain her trust to form Sixth Sense, exploiting Jeff’s dumb lie to paint him as someone no one could trust so no one could blame her for putting him on the block instead of Audrey, going back on the Dark Moon alliance by backdooring Jason and making sure the rest of the house knew Clay and Shelii were part of the decision (Clelli wanted to pretend they didn’t know), and persuading Julia to target Austin in a crucial Veto competition. She also knew when to cut allies (evicting Austin and Julia), as well as team up with a former rival (Audrey and Johnny Mac). Other Houseguests caught on to how dangerous of a player she was, but she managed to get out of any sticky situation. She was a backdoor target for Becky, but Vanessa was able to thwart Becky's plan. Vanessa made the right arguments to flip the vote to save herself. And at one point Austin almost nominated her as a "pawn," but she managed to convince him to keep her off the block. She made every day in the house count, and she knew how to maneuver through the game to get herself to the end. She played a very aggressive game that most Houseguests would either be too afraid to attempt or simply lack the skill to pull off.

YxlHfjg.giftumblr_inline_oahtz9FIIN1sioldv_500.gif

6CQfWlL.gif

yVX9Hr7.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

In addition, some of my favorite Vanessa moments were when she confronted people. These include her confrontations with Jeff (“You must be like silly! I’m sorry, but you just sealed your fate! You want to f*cking challenge me? Have fun! Have fun! That’s it. You’re a liar! Straight up liar! Right to my face!”), Austin (“Well, let me tell you who you could trust in this game - it was me!"), Clelli (“My decision?! Mine?! This was ours! And if you insinuate that it was mine, honestly that’s f*cking f*cked up! You want to f*cking start a fight with me? Fine! But let me tell you, you know it was all f*cking three of us!”), Steve (“Say goodbye, you ain’t got my vote! I’d be breathing heavy too if I were you – goodbye!”), James (“Who are you to be the f*cking expert?! You just literally criticized me to my face! You’re safe this week. You want to make it clear how much of an enemy I am, all that does is incentivize me to send your Number 1 home, which is Meg. I just want you to know the more you piss me off, the more you’re locking her fate up,”) and Austin again (“I think you’re a piece of sh*t right now. You want to know why? Have a seat.”). These confrontations made for good TV, but I do want to point out that I don’t think Vanessa ever bullied anyone. Whenever she went off on someone, I think she viewed that person as an equal instead of someone she was talking down to.

200.gif

tumblr_nufz9hjzmx1tnifljo1_250.gifvtumblr_o8kazsHlCG1ucg80uo2_250.gifv

giphy.gif

GoodHollowBlackfly.gif

tumblr_nre0q8ymbM1uqvjt7o1_400.giftumblr_nre0q8ymbM1uqvjt7o2_r1_400.gif

To conclude, Vanessa Rousso is an outstanding Big Brother player. She’s an amazing strategist and excellent in competitions too. She won 4 HoHs and 3 Vetoes, and played a significant role in nearly every single eviction. Along with a great competition record, she has superb strategic and manipulation skills that were evident throughout her bold, effective, and impressive gameplay. Vanessa is one of my favorite players ever, if not my most favorite. She is a big reason why Big Brother 17 is one of my favorite seasons, and I enjoyed watching her gameplay throughout the whole season. I couldn’t have asked for more as she brought both entertainment and cunning strategy. Whether or not Vanessa is a fan favorite, everyone should at least respect her gameplay. She’s simply brilliant and was robbed of winning the season due to a crapshoot competition (which incidentally enough now has a different format). Although Vanessa came up short in the end, I regard her as one of the best to ever play the game, and she is without question my #1 favorite of this Top 20.

tumblr_nqmmnpEATZ1u91yv5o8_400.gif

giphy.gif

ALEX

Considering the amount of tanked rankings she got, I’m just grateful she’s this high. I don’t know what I was thinking when I called Keesha my favorite one-time Big Brother houseguest ever, it’s obviously 100% Vanessa. Vanessa gave me an amazing modern Big Brother season. That’s how amazing of a houseguest she is. I completely and utterly credit her with BB17’s success because she single-handedly is the reason it turned out to be so amazing. Everything that happened outside of the first two weeks in that house revolved around Vanessa. She ran that season and she did it in the most entertaining way. Just as I praised Will, I can say the same thing about Vanessa. They are not Gamebots. They do not Derrick Levasseur this sh*t. Big Brother is an entertainment show, and Vanessa gives us the entertainment and good television that we as viewers demand.
While I can write a novel about Vanessa, Steven does have that covered. A night one meltdown on the feeds made me worried about Vanessa’s longevity in the game. I think what Vanessa did in those first two weeks is what impresses me most about her game. Almost every modern season of Big Brother, the “big player” of the season comes from the week one majority alliance. Vanessa was not in that majority alliance. Usually that dooms you to a fate of being a pawn star, being a pre-jury casualty, or just being unrespected. Vanessa sat back, let the majority alliance implode, and created her own majority alliance. The groundwork she laid in the first few weeks was masterful. She secured Austin off the bat. She made some inroads with Liz (not even knowing that this relationship would earn her another twin as well). Then she got the power couple Shelli & Clay on her side. This six would be enough to take over the house. And despite being the power player, she hid so easily. Austin & Liz were a couple and Austin was huge. And Shelli & Clay were a couple and they just backstabbed their entire original majority alliance. No one had to worry about little old Vanessa.
When Vanessa won her first HOH, we got to see how Vanessa with power would perform. Vanessa as the underdog, as I laid out, performed exceptionally well. Vanessa with power was not only fun, but entertaining. To take Jeff out, she needed to make a scene. As a viewer, I respect and love that. Her #dragging Jeff and calling him silly is the rare combination of hilarious and good gameplay. No one came out of that week mad at Vanessa. They just figured Jeff did something stupid to put himself in harms way. So Vanessa was able to pull off hysterical meltdowns to get her way for the rest of the season :wub:. There’s her meltdown when James gets power and she has to throw Shelli & Clay under the bus to survive. The whole house blowup where she accuses Clay and Johnny Mac of either being relatives or gay lovers kills me :dead:. Then there’s Vanessa’s meltdown when Becky attempts to backdoor her. Once again, Vanessa proves to be a master at this game though and somehow survives the backdoor over Shelli in a unanimous vote. During the boring part of the season where it’s just the Austwins running the game, Vanessa still keeps me entertained. Vanessa exposing Steve and delivering the great “I would be breathing hard if I were you” line is still greater than almost anything BB21 had to offer.
Vanessa is back in full form though at the final six when it’s time to backstab the Austwins. Vanessa convincing Julia to turn on Austin at the veto is one of the greatest moves of all time. And, as I just keep saying, she makes it entertainment! If it was Derrick, he would probably pull off the same maneuver, but in the most boring way possible. Vanessa gives us her telling Austin the many reasons why he’s a piece of sh*t and asking him to sit down. Then a week later, one of the best blindsides the show has ever seen. Vanessa blindsiding a barefoot Austin :wub:. WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE HER :wub: :wub:. And then Vanessa wins the final HOH, evicts Steve, and goes on to win the season :)). That’s the story I’m sticking with :)).

WALLY

One of the most recent season icons of BB for sure. Vanessa was such an insane game player - very dramatic/emotional but strategic and smart. Love her and so entertaining to watch. Giving her the #4 ranking.

NIKI

She was pretty cool

JUNWASROBBED

Vanessa is very interesting. She fits into the bbus “third place strategical masterminds/emotional trainwrecks” archetype, and while I prefer Diane and THE Sheila Kennedy, Vanessa is amazing and elevated everyone around her. Her choice in allies was...not good, but watching her strategically own the season while freaking out about people potentially being gay lovers or related or telling Stove that she would be breathing heavy if she were him are GLORIOUS! It’s a shame she can’t shine as much in modern bb as she would in a single digit season (lying in DRs isn’t cute) but her legacy is glorious. I wish she could’ve slain Stove too, but her voting for Liz shows she knows good gameplay when she sees it!

AMANDA

giphy.gif

I'm sure Steven will write a novel on why Vanessa is so amazing, so I'm gonna keep this on the shorter side. Vanessa is one of the greatest Big Brother houseguests ever. She combined amazing strategy with hilarious meltdowns to make for one of the most compelling and iconic runs ever on Big Brother. She founded the Sixth Sense alliance and used the fact that Liz & Julia were twins to her advantage, knowing that they would be numbers for her when Julia eventually entered the house. She displayed masterful manipulation and persuasion skills, getting houseguests to do her bidding for her. She orchestrated so many of the evictions during her season. She truly had such amazing strategic gameplay all season long. When she found herself on the block and the target for eviction during Becky's HOH, she talked her way out of the situation and Shelli was evicted instead. Vanessa was also great at comps, having won 4 HOH's and 3 POV's during the season. And then we have Vanessa, the emotional wreck. She never failed to entertain where she would have an emotional breakdown after making some of her moves, and it was so entertaining to watch to see so many different sides to Vanessa throughout the season. Sadly, she did not win and we got Steve as the winner when he beat her in the final HOH comp. Truly a tragic ending to the season, as Vanessa was incredible and Steve...didn't do anything LOL. He was lucky to be sitting next to Liz in the final two because that was the only way he was winning. Anyway, Vanessa is a Big Brother legend and icon and I absolutely love her. 

SOLA

One of my favorite houseguests ever.  The concept of a lesbian poker player being in the Big Brother house would not have crossed me mind prior to Vanessa’s appearance.  It had been a long time since a female dominated the game strategically and was still a likable person (sorry Zuckerman).  It was refreshing to see how dominate she was.  Her use of crying was hysterical.  Its not often someone can be dead in the water, leaving through the backdoor to staying.  She is one of the few people let alone women who has been able to pull it off.  She should have won her season, Steve robbed her.  At least she made the finals of this rankdown.

LILY

BB17 was the first US season I watched live, and I wasn't really used to the idea of someone like Vanessa at the time. She really irritated me for like, the first half of the game, I couldn't stand her and then, as time went on, and I understood more about the gameplay and how everything ran, I realised how much of a genius she was. She was an incredibly manipulative, aggressive and strong player. She dominated her season and is one of the greatest to ever play. It is a real shame that Steve won the final HOH and cut her at the end as I would have loved to see her jury speech. Her wife Mel recently gave birth, and now she is pregnant with twin boys, which is super amazing! Great finish for Vanessa this rankdown.

FIFI

vr.gif

Vanessa, Vanessa. You must be like silly if you thot youd be ranked any higher than last place! I dont want her to win this rankdown. I dont. She doesnt deserve to. She's great and she was awesome on BB17. I know she's a great player, im not denying that. Personally, the hype is just too much. I dont think shes all that great. Shes borderline annoying. If she wins this game imma be mad because that would be a horrible ending. Hopefully she doesnt even win among the BB players. I know all yall boutta give her a good ranking so i have limited faith but lets hope.

QUEENKALIE

source.gif

4xov.gif

Vanessa is also another huge threat to win this so I am ranking her 20th place. Vanessa finished in 2nd place during the Big Brother Rankdown despite both me and Fifi tanking her score so she is very popular on IDF and very popular in the Big Brother world as a whole. This might be the second time I ranked Vanessa last so at least I am consistent lol. Vanessa was on Big Brother 17 and she came in 3rd place. She was clearly the best player that season but Steve won that last HoH and wisely cut Vanessa at the end so that she wouldn't win and he would. He made a smart strategic decision to cut Vanessa and I am making a smart strategic decision to tank her score so she won't win here either. She will still get a good overall ranking  again I am sure so Steven can be proud of that at least! 

VICTORIA

200.gif

That's actually a live feed of Vanessa Rousso reacting to my ranking of her. Did I think was going to rank a Big Brother contestant last in this randown in the final vote? No. But no one approached me for a deal regarding Vanessa and I remembered how she outlasted Britney Hayes in the first Big Brother Rankdown. Sure, the rankers are different this time but one of her biggest fans is in here and will probably vote her #1. And I remembered when a seed was planted in their head that I tanked Vanessa's score and ranked her last when I ranked her 7th. Corey's impact. That didn't reflect on my vote. What did reflect on my vote is that I know she is a big threat and if I don't take this action she can probably win? Watch everyone, but like 3 people tank her and me be completely wrong. I do love Vanessa and she did emerge as my favorite that season but among the Big Brother contestants left she is last on that totem pole. And if you think I can't love someone and tank them if they aren't my #1 favorite you're wrong. So Vanessa Rousso competed on Big Brother 17 and came into the house a professional poker player. She is a bisexual as well and her beanie/cap is her signature look. I'm not going to into great detail because I am sure Steven will write a mini-series. Vanessa started the competition from what I remember in a bad place. I vaguely remember she would breakdown a lot and wanted to quit. HOLD UP. I have to amend a comment in this write-up. She did not emerge as my favorite. She worked her way to second to J-Mac. Vanessa was a very emotional player and she perfected the victim role. She aligned herself with Liz, Julia, Austin, Clay and Shelli. Vanessa could talk her way out of situations but the thing what would bother me so much about is that she would cry to get her way.  I mean it worked so kudos to her but it was so funny watching everyone play into it. The person she could not control was Johnny Mac which is why she wanted him gone until his second elimination where they worked together I believed. Vanesa for the most part controlled this whole game with a few exceptions when she was in danger. That was another thing about Vanessa. She could not handle not being in control and would freak out. Vanessa won 4 HOH's and 3 vetoes during her season and she was a genius player. She ranks up there with Will, Danielle and Dan and Derrick. LOL, Derrick. JK. The competition was hers to lose and she was in the best spot going into the final competition. She ultimately lost and  Steven won the last HOH thus sending her home because Liz was the way safer bet. We were robbed of a GREAT WINNER, AN AMAZING WINNER. F*cking Steve. You can't blame the guy but still. Vanessa is a Big Brother icon and was the best player of that season hands down. I hope if there is ever another All-Stars she takes part. Oh, and I can't have a Vanessa write-up with mentioning her sister, Tiffany Rousso, who competed on Big Brother 18. She is nowhere near the genius of her sister but I wanted to mention her because I can. So yeah, Vanessa Rousso. A Big Brother great. Robbed Queen of season 17.