Chris - 2

Kay - 2

Tom - 2

Andrew - 3

Elliott - 7

Andy - 13

Megan - 14

VEE:

Here it is. I might not be here for the next day or two because I'm having really bad migraines (that comes and goes) but I'll pop in here and there when I feel like not slamming my head on a wall. 

tumblr_nvrvua6H5a1qac1soo1_500.gif
FatThatDachshund-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif
I don't care if she's not winning the rankdown but I am just going to rank her at the top spot because she is really my all time favourite drag queen of the show. Manila Luzon is definitely my top favourite. I think she made me love drag race. I remember the learning about the show in a very random cable station called Velvet, I think?, here in the Philippines. I forgot which episode was airing at that time but I remember hearing the name Manila Luzon and I was like, "Wait, what? Manila? Luzon? Like Manila City, the capital of the Philippines and Luzon like the first of the three main islands where Manila is?" Lmao. So yeah, I continued watching the episode and then researched the show. I think that was the first time I learned about drag queens. I went and watched the whole season 3 and basically fell in love with the show and Manila Luzon. I remember being so disappointed with her not winning the crown but I wasn't that mad because I loved Raja too for being great and also because I know him from America's Next Top Model. I still stand that this season is the only season deserving of the double crowning! Don't @ me!

I've read all the essays everybody wrote last rankdown so I'm not gonna do that this time around. I'm just gonna point out why I stanned for Manila. She's talented. She can lipsync. She is a fashion queen. She has learned to be funny lol. She has charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. She's not boring. She is a signature queen that you'll know it's Manila. She's left her mark in the scene. She's global. She has her iconic moments. Even if you dislike her you cannot those facts. 

CHRIS:

Easily one of my all-time favourite queen! She gave us many iconic runway look and an iconic lipsync. Easily one of my all-time favourite, and giving her a placement of 2 - hoping the public can help her to get into the Top 10 or so as we all know that Zoey will tank her score.

LILY:

I'm ranking Manila in #6, and I don't think she'll pull off the Yamaguchi but also, I would not be mad if she did. Manila's a legend, and was part of the tightest final 2 ever. Either one of her or Raja could have taken the crown, and while I love Raja, I was team Manila out of the two. Alongside her three challenge wins, she of course had so many iconic looks too. Which she's grown even moreso on post-Season 3. But the pineapple look is one of my faves from all of Drag Race, it's just so good. And even when she was in the bottom, she put on a show and gave us one of the most iconic lip-syncs ever with "MacArthur Park". Truly a legend. I'm sad she couldn't come back and win in AS4 especially with how well she was slaying the competition, but then we're lucky we got three iterations of Manila on Drag Race.

ELLIOTT:

Manila's one of my all-time favourites, but her S3 making it here again is weird considering I thought she was a much stronger competitor in AS4 until Naomi torpedoed that season with her terrible #choices. But as apart of S3, Manila was a very strong competitor and made the final two alongside Raja. Though the two of them had identical track records, I was #TeamRaja and thought there was just something extra that she had compared to Manila; though Manila still was my second favourite of that season nonetheless. Clearly Zoey's write-up is offensive on so many levels. 🙂 Anyway, she went from being a co-winner last year to just narrowly missing out on this year's Top 7 owing to Dee having to rank her last and Zoey not being a fan! She's clearly beloved by the public, though - being their #1 last year, and only missing out on the same placement from them this year because of @totes4totes's last place vote.

DEREK:

Manila's performance on Season 3 is one of the best runs of a contestant on the show. Everyone knows that Raja/Manila was the strongest Top 2 the show has had and probably will ever have. The fact that Manila had a hard time on the All Stars seasons is sad because she's really one of the most talented queens to be on the show. I will admit that I was a huge Raja stan from the start and that I never once was rooting for Manila when I watched their season. But Manila was a formidable opponent. To go up against Raja (who was probably selected as the winner from the start and then had an outrageously good run) and hold her own up until the very end is legendary. I can't tell if the other rankers here hate Manila or just AS4 Manila. Whatever. Dee got her here and she may not win again but she's one of the all time greats and deserves a spot in the Top 14.

ZOEY:

Urgh, one of The Heathers. This one should’ve been eliminated a long time ago, imo. I genuinely do not understand the appeal of Manila Luzon. I think she was part of the worst final two in the history of the show. Raja has a terrible aesthetic and her personality is even worse. Manila had some decent looks but I just can’t stand her personality. She makes me cringe almost every time she opens her mouth and I don’t find her funny in the slightest. I tolerated her during All Stars and didn’t dislike her as much I did originally but I’m yet to love a runway or a lip sync. I think she’s probably the most overrated queen in Drag Race history and I used to think that was Katya. At least I’ve found some redeeming qualities in her. I’m pretty sure that Manila will win this rankdown based on everyone else’s opinion but if I can help stop that then I will.

DEE:

4379444_orig.gif

giphy.gif

ml.gif

"What the hell is she thinking? You can't be lifting up drag queens."

Manila Luzon. My queen. ❤️

Though she had a more difficult journey to reach the finals this year, I was able to secure a spot in the finals for my top two queens and current co-champions of The Drag Race Rankdown. The glory. The beauty.

Manila Luzon is the definition of an icon. A true drag legend. A f*cking hilarious, fashionable, and legendary goddess. She really is the first queen on the show to successfully merge camp + high concept + fashion in her drag, which really opened the doors for queens like her to thrive in the Drag Race environment.

Pineapple Eleganza. Carrot Cake Couture. Deconstructed Big Bird. Beehive Hair Fantasy. Chinatown Glamazons. 

ICONIC RUNWAY LOOKS FROM START TO FINISH. I WILL NOT DEBATE THIS WITH ANYBODY.

These looks in particular though stand out as some of the earliest examples of the camp + humor + conceptual artistry that really makes drag such a unique and brilliant form of self-expression. Manila Luzon really brought a unique edge to world of Drag Race and highlighted a unique form of drag that had not yet been seen on the series.

TRAILBLAZER.

Asian Stereotype Reporter on QNN News. The Heathers. "MacArthur Park" LSFYL. Torpedo Bra. Fuchsia Luzon. 

DRAG RACE TELEVISION GOLD.

Manila killed the runways. Manila killed lip-syncs. Manila killed challenges. The b*tch is flawless. 

The amount of love I have for Manila Luzon is enormous. Season 3 is the first season of RPDR that I watched, and I was stunned by her insane individuality. With that signature blonde streak in her hair, Manila charmed me with her personality and slayed me with her flawless artistry. Manila is the reason I fell in love with the art form of drag. Her unique perspective and hilariously creative approach to drag can never be topped. Even though Raja earned that crown fair and square, Manila Luzon without a doubt established herself in the Drag Race Hall of Fame. Part of the strongest final two in history, Manila left the competition a true winner.

My love for her has only grown over the years and that is because her drag continues to become even more sickening. Manila Luzon is drag royalty and should make the finals of this Rankdown every single time. I am sad to know that she will probably rank towards the bottom of these finalists, especially since I am forced to rank her last. That is okay though.

Because that means Manila Luzon will always be a double Rankdown finalist. :wub:

MEGAN:

Clearly my presence was missed because that’s the only way I can think that this Top 14 turned out so poorly. I mean really? S3 Manila? Lolllololololololol

Edited by Elliott

CONDRAGULATIONS TO THIS YEAR'S TOP 7!

rupauls drag race GIF

drag race pop aesthete GIF by Cristóbal

bianca del rio GIF by RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6

6x1 GIF by RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6

episode 2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

episode 8 ive been working GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

episode 11 aquaria GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

REPRESENTING SEASON 2... JUJUBEE

REPRESENTING SEASON 5... JINKX MONSOON

JOINTLY REPRESENTING SEASON 6... BIANCA DEL RIO & somehow ADORE DELANO

REPRESENTING ALL STARS 2... LAST YEAR'S CO-CHAMPION KATYA

REPRESENTING ALL STARS 3... SHANGELA, NEE LAQUIFA WADLEY

AND REPRESENTING SEASON 10... AQUARIA!

Jinkx, Bianca, Katya and Shangela were all in last year's Top 5 alongside Manila.

Aquaria, Jujubee and Adore are newcomers to not only the Top 7, but the Top 14 as a whole.

(Though Adore Delano was the final cut of the first rankdown, ranking 15th.)

Who will win? :shifty:

Me and Megan:

tenor.gif?itemid=13499100

I’m glad she didn’t win again. One of the most irritating and overrated queens I’ve ever watched. 

I think five of these queens were in my top seven? I haven’t done too bad so far considering.

3 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

Me and Megan:

tenor.gif?itemid=13499100

Megan causing Manila to drop one spot in the public vote didn't have an affect on her overall ranking. :haha: She would've averaged 7.5 instead, but she still would've ranked 8th.

Just now, Elliott said:

Megan causing Manila to drop one spot in the public vote didn't have an affect on her overall ranking. :haha: She would've averaged 7.5 instead, but she still would've ranked 8th.

Disgusting.

I suppose it’s better than 1st though.

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I love Jujubee but like..

how is she in the Top 7

You mean other than getting drunk off her ass in Untucked and then coming out to drunkenly lip sync Black Velvet and turning it out?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The iconic look with the real porcupine pineapple purse. I never imagined Manila to be such a polarizing queen. It's kind of a miracle that we ended with a halfway decent Top 7 with everyone's vendettas in this whole rankdown lmao

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

:giggle:

But in all seriousness, Adore being here is the only one that is deserving of the Choices gif imo.

Exactly the queen I was thinking of. 

But I would also put Aquaria in the same category. #oops 

Just now, *Lily said:

Thinking back I’m not even sure I mentioned Adore’s AS2 run in my writeup? It slipped my mind I think, somehow :dead:

Adore was in AS2?

Next you're going to tell me that Ginger was also on AS2.

So I figured I would pop in and say I watched my first episode of Drag Race ever today.  Season 1 Episode 1.  My eyes hurt from judging.  Very bright.  I don't know if its for me as I don't know anything about drag.  But I  figure I will finish the first season.  

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

So I figured I would pop in and say I watched my first episode of Drag Race ever today.  Season 1 Episode 1.  My eyes hurt from judging.  Very bright.  I don't know if its for me as I don't know anything about drag.  But I  figure I will finish the first season.  

The first season had a weird filter and was essentially a pilot “season.” S2 is much more well produced imo.