What does Abi's win mean for the future of American Idol?

m1key

2 hours ago, Emmyfan said:

It was plain to see they wanted Abi all along. Katy came out after the show and said so herself. So what it means is she is a pop female winner and in a few months will be begging for people to see her at mall shows.

Emmy was a gracious loser, so WHY CAN’T YOU BE ONE?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Emmyfan said:

It was plain to see they wanted Abi all along. Katy came out after the show and said so herself. So what it means is she is a pop female winner and in a few months will be begging for people to see her at mall shows.

and emmy pitchy russell will have to keep using her grandmas name to book gigs while never being able to sing in tune so don’t get too brave honey

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

and emmy pitchy russell will have to keep using her late grandmas name to book gigs while never being able to sing in tune so don’t get too brave honey

Abi won the season and you're still being toxic afterwards? 🙄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Everyone's got something up their butt. lmao

Ugh. BE HAPPY AND EAT A CAKE MADE OF RAINBOWS. :P 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

i’m just giving her a taste of her own medicine LOL i couldn’t care less about emmy or what she’s gonna do tbh, i’m not interested in following her career but i wish her well. if that user is gonna whine and be toxic at every thread, i’m gonna clap back at it just to piss them off tho.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

i’m just giving her a taste of her own medicine LOL i couldn’t care less about emmy or what she’s gonna do tbh, i’m not interested in following her career but i wish her well. if that user is gonna whine and be toxic at every thread, i’m gonna clap back at it just to piss them off tho.

I could do the same but where would that get us?  Just let it go. :dead:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

This kind of attitude is why America is such a train wreck with so much division. It's not a bad idea to be the better person.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

This kind of attitude is why America is such a train wreck with so much division. It's not a bad idea to be the better person.

This is you, right? 

OkO4Afo.png

• Haha 6

43 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

and emmy pitchy russell will have to keep using her grandmas name to book gigs while never being able to sing in tune so don’t get too brave honey

image.png.9bca124e22b5da991b4ee559e7e3983d.png

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

These fan wars are something to laugh at :rofl:

I get, getting frustrated in the heat of the moment and saying  stuff it happens. But to continue it after the season is over is just so pointless. :dead:

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I get, getting frustrated in the heat of the moment about stuff it happens. But to continue it after the season is over is just so pointless. :dead:

TV is so civil compared to here, it seems like it's a war every season and like it's life or death 💀

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

TV is so civil compared to here, it seems like it's a war every season and like it's life or death 💀

TV used to be pretty toxic too but either the passion went away or the users causing it left. 

I know I’m being delulu but Abi has the perfect Disney princess voice. I’d love to see Disney cast her to sing as an animated princess or even a live-action princess if she can act. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carrie_On said:

I know I’m being delulu but Abi has the perfect Disney princess voice. I’d love to see Disney cast her to sing as an animated princess or even a live-action princess if she can act. 

If she wants to work at the theme park as one of the princesses there I'm sure that could be arranged. :dead:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This is you, right? 

OkO4Afo.png

The difference is that I didn't spew hatred against Hailey like Emmyfan and wildestinvegas did for Abi and Emmy respectively. I was just expressing how IDF was likely backing another girl who would be an early cut and how'd I'd enjoy the fallout.

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Ever been on Reddit? 🎩

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

i'm not defending anybody's behaviors and i do agree with you, but imo Idol is a significantly more emotionally investing viewing process than The Voice (nowadays, at least). not only do we get to know the contestants more, but we also see them on screen much more. also tbh The Voice forum has always been worse up until the past year tbh, which is why i never really felt comfortable posting on that side in the past. 

i've been watching Abi's covers on Insta/TikTok since spoilers first came out in early December, which was almost 6 months ago. that's a lot of time to become invested in an artist and root for them to win! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Folks folks. 

It could be worse. 

You could be delulu on Facebook or YouTube and call Abi...

Overly emotional. Broadway. No genre of music. Or my personal delulu take A SCREAMER. 

This is the sweetheart you are upset won??? 

STAPH. 

FB_IMG_1716272073908.jpg

Edited by KelseyW

On 5/20/2024 at 3:52 PM, QueenCami said:

this is kind of off topic but Gabby getting third behind Maddie has always puzzled me. was she labelled a screamer by the core audience during her season?

It was pretty obvious watching the season live that Gabby wasn't winning. (This place seemed to think it would be Caleb for obvious reasons, but Maddie's win seemed pretty clear out of that final three imo.) But the core audience of Idol never really latched onto Gabby during the show - a lot of it centred around the fact that people thought she was faking the southern accent since she's from Pennsylvania and nobody else in her family had an accent. :haha: But any chance she had of doing well in the final vote went out the window with her performances that night. Not the best time to turn in what were probably her three worst performances.

On 5/20/2024 at 4:18 PM, RTV said:

Maddie is from Iowa. Caleb is yet another Georgia runner-up. Gabby is from Pennsylvania.
Some country vote splitting might've hindered Caleb and Gabby, and he had the advantage of being Maddie's boyfriend.

Vote splitting isn't a thing when the votes are capped. The whole point of vote splitting is that when you could cast unlimited votes, you would essentially be taking votes away from Contestant A to vote for Contestant B. When you can only cast 10 per contestant (and can cast them simultaneously), that's a moot point. Also, Caleb and Maddie didn't mention being in a relationship until the finale (after the votes had already been counted, since S16 was the only ABC season to do a two-night finale). Some people probably guessed it because they were always taking photos together, but I doubt most of the viewers were doing a deep dive into the speculation.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

If she wants to work at the theme park as one of the princesses there I'm sure that could be arranged. :dead:

Shit, I’d do it. :haha: She’d be a good Belle. 

• Like 1