What does Abi's win mean for the future of American Idol?

m1key

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

TV is so civil compared to here, it seems like it's a war every season and like it's life or death 💀

The fan warring with Idol used to be a lot worse.  And some of it would drag on and on.  Every winner has gotten it at some point.  Ask Kelly, Carrie, etc.

Edited by mytake1

50 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The fan warring with Idol used to be a lot worse.  And some of it would drag on and on.  Every winner has gotten it at some point.  Ask Kelly, Carrie, etc.

KRIS ALLEN. 

😉

Speaking of which. 15th anniversary of his win aside...

Really wish Katy could've heard his and Haley Reinhart's Thunderclouds cover. 🥲

Just now, wildestinvegas said:

the addison vs chloe days were NASTY lmaooooo

Yeah lol. And the Chris Blue stans were so insufferable during his season too. People were getting suspended every episode back then. :dead:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah lol. And the Chris Blue stans were so insufferable during his season too. People were getting suspended every episode back then. :dead:

ugh this is the kind of drama i was looking for when using the way back machine.. justice for old idolforums

Just now, QueenCami said:

ugh this is the kind of drama i was looking for when using the way back machine.. justice for old idolforums

on that topic maybe we need to start more drama…

i HATE abi she shouldn’t have even gotten a golden ticket

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

on that topic maybe we need to start more drama…

i HATE abi she shouldn’t have even gotten a golden ticket

Asher wouldn't have gotten a golden ticket either! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Asher wouldn't have gotten a golden ticket either! 

tbh queen Katy probably would have come up with something silly like “i feel like your wig doesn’t match your song choice well” and try to send him home, i feel like she loves to be a little quirky /hj

9 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

the addison vs chloe days were NASTY lmaooooo

9 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

During this forum’s heyday, there would be like 50+ page threads on how much people hated various contestants. S5 was vicious.

It means idolforums is probably going to continue to be bad at predicting who will win (they assumed Triston  would win this season and  assumed Colin or Warren would win last season)

18 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

It means idolforums is probably going to continue to be bad at predicting who will win (they assumed Triston  would win this season and  assumed Colin or Warren would win last season)

that's not really the case tho? people *feared* that Colin/Triston would win, but many people ultimately predicted it would be Iam and Abi. Iam specifically is one of the most obvious winners ever lmao.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, m1key said:

that's not really the case tho? people *feared* that Colin/Triston would win, but many people ultimately predicted it would be Iam and Abi. Iam specifically is one of the most obvious winners ever lmao.

I won’t debate about iam being one of the most predictable winners ever, as I don’t think that’s the case but I can understand why people might think , but Literally everyone on IDF  predicted out of the top 3 that Jack or Will would win prior to finale night. 

8 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I won’t debate about iam being one of the most predictable winners ever, as I don’t think that’s the case but I can understand why people might think , but Literally everyone on IDF  predicted out of the top 3 that Jack or Will would win prior to finale night. 

That is incorrect. Look at the IDF prediction thread. The vast majority of people predicted that Abi would win.

1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

Not me.  I predicted that Abi would win.  Of course, it was partly because I wanted her to win and was keeping the faith that she would win.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

IDF is bad at championing those who eventually have post show success.  And that's where we are at now.  The show is over.  It will be interesting to see who emerges.

Edited by mytake1

32 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

IDF is bad at championing those who eventually have post show success.

Truth. The last two winners to have any notable success had numerous threads and posts dedicated to how they wouldn't sell during their season and immediately afterward. :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

IDF is bad at championing those who eventually have post show success.  And that's where we are at now.  The show is over.  It will be interesting to see who emerges.

Maybe I'm alone but while it would be great if my favourites made it big. I'm completely content with them posting on SM regularly (whether it be originals or covers)

It's not like mainstream success is indicative of the quality of music anyways.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 4