American Idol S22 The Top 5 - Disney Night Discussion

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

A black country guy was never a sure thing when there was still a white country guy around. Triston might have been country beyond his years, but he's still ultimately trying to appeal to a fanbase that's heavily Confederate.

People still think Will is not going to win? Its been Will since Hawaii he has the only country vote now. Emmy Gone and Triston gone he has the vote to himself. He runs away with it next week.

Edited by Emmyfan
  • Like 2

Just now, Floaty said:

I think Jack has the highest chance of winning.

He will get my votes at this point just to prove a point lol for the haters. Or maybe Will - I think based off social media Will is the front runner.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Hsamid said:

Alright, I don't really care who wins at this point. This is a really strong top 3, they're all deserving.

I would've say that a few weeks ago but not anymore. Yeah, they are all deserving, but Abi NEEDS to win.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 6

Just now, Emmyfan said:

Will won the night. If Triston or Emmy stayed they might have took some of the country vote Will now has it to himself

Exactly and who always wins this show? Country male. So it's going to be tough to beat him. Even though I don't care for him.

This is the most boring top 3 outside of Abi for me in a very long time. She's going to need to pull off some Evanescence type songs next week  to beat Will. Jack's gained a lot of momentum too.

Haters gonna hate about Emmy too. Prior to stepping foot on the show, she already had far more than any of the others and when is the last time anyone went anywhere from this show? Especially a winner? Carrie Underwood? So I am okay with Emmy going now. I don't think winning does these guys any favors other than for pure entertainment value to those of us that watch the show. I hope she won't be locked into some kind of contract with AI by making top 5. She is going to do great and be just find from where she comes from and what she's already amassed.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I would've say that a few weeks ago but not anymore. Yeah, they are all deserving, but Abi NEEDS to win.

Although I've preferred Jack and Will a bit more from start to finish, I do think she'd be the most interesting winner for sure and has been the best of the 3 lately. Pretty diverse, fresh run in terms of song choices. Also took the most risks out of any of the contestants.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

People still think Will is not going to win? Its been Will since Hawaii he has the only country vote now. Emmy Gone and Triston gone he has the vote to himself. He runs away with it next week.

It's only been the last couple of weeks that Will's outperformed Triston. Not to mention, Triston's authentic. His life has been a country song, whereas Will got a college degree but decided to take one year to pursue his music dreams and if that didn't work out he'd put that to use.

I totally agree that it's Will's now, but it was not him "since Hawaii".

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Jack is southern rock. Will is country.

Jack isn’t rock or country. He’s singer songwriter . Also just cause Will sang a few country songs doesn’t make him country

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AmericanIdolFan0310 said:

Nick Fradiani coming back to perform next week is kinda wild. Did not expect that at all. Forgot About him for a hot second. 

Oooh lol. I believe he's the lead performer of a Neil Diamond musical these days? Not sure if that's still going on or has ended.

7 minutes ago, BlindMelon said:

Haters gonna hate about Emmy too. Prior to stepping foot on the show, she already had far more than any of the others and when is the last time anyone went anywhere from this show? Especially a winner? Carrie Underwood? So I am okay with Emmy going now. I don't think winning does these guys any favors other than for pure entertainment value to those of us that watch the show. I hope she won't be locked into some kind of contract with AI by making top 5. She is going to do great and be just find from where she comes from and what she's already amassed.

I honestly don't think most on IDF here hate Emmy. In fact, people really liked her performances at the begining from what I remember.

It's just that her vocal limitations became clear esp during live shows, and I'm not even talking about range or vocal tricks (i was a fan of Iam Iam last season), but just giving a solid vocal without nerves or pitch issues.

But yeah Emmy will be fine. I think she has a better chance of post-show success than most of these contestants. Pretty tone, likable personality, good singer/songwriter from the little I've heard, and if we're being real, her connections help too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Although I've preferred Jack and Will a bit more from start to finish, I do think she'd be the most interesting winner for sure and has been the best of the 3 lately. Pretty diverse, fresh run in terms of song choices. Also took the most risks out of any of the contestants.

obviously i’m a big abi stan so i’m biased but i agree. although i think will and jack would be decent and respectable winners and i’m happy they’re finalists as well because they def earned their spots, abi’s run was so fun and engaging to watch. she would also be a very refreshing winner for the franchise and it’s kinda what idol needs right now imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh lol. I believe he's the lead performer of a Neil Diamond musical these days? Not sure if that's still going on or has ended.

The musical is still on Broadway. Nick was just on The Kelly Clarkson show promoting it.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Jack is southern rock. Will is country.

12 minutes ago, BlindMelon said:

I wouldn't classify Jack as southern rock or country, more of just pop? I guess. Jason Mraz, John Mayer?

8 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Jack isn’t rock or country. He’s singer songwriter . Also just cause Will sang a few country songs doesn’t make him country

Jack seems very versatile to me  and very entertaining to watch which might be why i sort of like him.

• Thanks 1