The Voice ❇️ S27 ❇️ Spoilers/News/Updates - Adam, Kelsea, Michael, John

On 5/29/2024 at 11:39 PM, Kenneth96 said:

I can give some points about the low budgets:

- The show's producers began cutting budgets since a long time ago, contestants were allowed to record a studio version of their song if they pass through that round, so even someone barely got a chair (a.k.a battle fodders) still got to have a song on iTunes. They changed the rules from S15 to S21, only contestants that made the live shows are allowed to have a studio version, then from S22 onwards, they ditched the studio songs for good, which is probably to save money from the recording sessions.

- Finalists are awarded with cars in earlier seasons (up to S14 if I remember correctly). From S15 onwards finalists didn't receive anything if they didn't win. That's a considerable budget cuts. Also, they invested a lot in the artists' outfits as well in earlier seasons (I recall Britton Buchanan once said that they got to keep the clothes they wore during the performances). Now, if you pay attention to the most recent season, you'll notice that contestants were wearing the same clothes during both performance and result night. 

- The live shows became shorter and now seems stable with 3 weeks of lives. There used to be 5-6 weeks of lives in earlier seasons. That got cut too. 

- The live finale used to have big names and global premiere moments (Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Dua Lipa...) and finalists also allowed to do more songs in earlier seasons: a duet with a guest celebrity and a group song with eliminated contestants. During COVID times, they came up with the idea of having 5 finalists instead of 4, then moved the coach duet to the final show. By doing that, they created opportunity for more coaches getting represented in the finale, while also had a way to keep the finale for 2 hours without too many guests, which saved them a lot of money. Not to mention: in earlier seasons (up to S14) eliminated contestants (mostly Semifinalists) still stayed for another week for the live finale, and Semifinalists also got to perform with celebrities (like Noah Mac with Bastille, Davon Fleming with Jessie J, Hunter Plake with Gwen, Mark Isaiah with Luis Fonsi). Now they were sent packing right after their elimination if there were no group performances.

- Coach choice: We went from big names in the current time (Miley, Alicia, Kelly, John) to some B-list (Chance, Camila) and for the upcoming season, all legacy act. With the B-list coaches, they only have to spend around $8M in comparison with $10-13M for A-listers. I don't blame them for their coach choice, since they did try to have a big name onto the panel with Ariana, and it didn't work out. 

The most obvious reason is that the coaches' salaries are taking a big part of the budget (Kelly, John, Blake, Adam all did a lot of seasons and they made more than $13M each per seasons. I'm sure Reba has around the same numbers). Besides they probably ran out of money with the Ariana stint, they had to cut money to make up for it. COVID also affected the show hard, and they made it past that time because of their cost-saving methods.

As everybody pointed out earlier, Idol only has 3 judge so they have more budget for contestants (celebrity duet, group performance). But pay attention closer and you'll see that The Voice invested a lot in staging and productions for contestants' performances. The treatment Asher had during "Irreplaceable" (huge stage, choir and dancing team) can never be found on Idols.

My thoughts only based on my experience watching the show since S2. Feel free to contribute.

If this is the case, then can the show generate more revenue in the future, or is the budget not gonna increase?

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

If this is the case, then can the show generate more revenue in the future, or is the budget not gonna increase?

It's unlikely to ever increase. The only way that I could see the budget increasing is if they switch to a one season a year format.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It's unlikely to ever increase. The only way that I could see the budget increasing is if they switch to a one season a year format.

I lowkey would prefer one season a year (and more continuity with the judges)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Minivans won't like her - a black, queer woman with a crew cut, something grandmas and mamas still can't get used to. They disliked JHud, they will dislike Cynthia even more just because of her appearance.

you are overestimating how bigoted minivan is imo. just because someone is black and/or gay does not mean they will immediately hate them - otherwise Asher would not have won 💀 Cynthia is an acclaimed and respected performer. she is also much more serious and calm than JHud which would likely make easier for Minivan to support her.

i don't think she will become a coach but just wanted to say that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

you are overestimating how bigoted minivan is imo. just because someone is black and/or gay does not mean they will immediately hate them - otherwise Asher would not have won 💀 Cynthia is an acclaimed and respected performer. she is also much more serious and calm than JHud which would likely make easier for Minivan to support her.

i don't think she will become a coach but just wanted to say that.

I'm not sold on them even knowing who she is. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm not sold on them even knowing who she is. 

Minivan? try the public in general, she has no social media status, only a instagram account with 1m followers and 1m listeners on Spotify, we were talking about Kelsea not being famous enough but she is a mega star if compared lol

Edited by Shinuki
  • Like 2

Just now, Shinuki said:

Minivan? try the public in general, she has no social media status, only a instagram account with 1m followers and 1m listeners on Spotify, Kelsea is a mega star if compared lol

Yeah even I had no idea who she was. So people aren't really dreaming high. :dead:

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 6:26 AM, Hsamid said:

The panels of the past have been way too friendly even with the "rivalries" Lets have some real competitiveness and animosity up in here.

Bring in Azalea Banks for S27.

😂 Agreed! Last season’s blind auditions:

Reba: “Y’all are just as cute as a button!”

Chance: “Yo, that was dope. Good job.”

Shay: “Blablablablablablabla”, (saying all good things).

Dan “I’m Dan, and He’s Shay,”

Dan + Shay: “And Together We’re Dan + Shay!”

John: (Waves Hands), “Four Chaihs”!

• Haha 8

I just realized something. What if TPTB consider Kelsea to be a returning coach, even though she isn’t. She was the coach for “the comeback stage”, in season 15. So it could be her, two actual returning coaches, and someone else new? Also, Jennifer Lopez just canceled her summer tour. Maybe she has some free time. /j, I hope everything is okay with her and her husband.

• Like 1

Ok yall I just had a thought so we know s27 is all but confirmed and we know that there is most likely going to be 3 returning coaches and 1 new coach however we're probably going to have 2 coaches depart after s26 those being gwen because she never does 2 seasons in a row and Snoop is Olympics coverage so I don't think he'll be available for s27 so do yall think we could get chance back? and I know chance said his thank you to nbc on his ig story however if yall remember after season 12 finished Alicia said that that season was her last however she returned in s14 so do yall chance could do the same thing because I think its definitely possible especially since we're most likely get 3 returning coaches and 1 new coach for s27 

33 minutes ago, aj_runstar said:

Ok yall I just had a thought so we know s27 is all but confirmed and we know that there is most likely going to be 3 returning coaches and 1 new coach however we're probably going to have 2 coaches depart after s26 those being gwen because she never does 2 seasons in a row and Snoop is Olympics coverage so I don't think he'll be available for s27 so do yall think we could get chance back? and I know chance said his thank you to nbc on his ig story however if yall remember after season 12 finished Alicia said that that season was her last however she returned in s14 so do yall chance could do the same thing because I think its definitely possible especially since we're most likely get 3 returning coaches and 1 new coach for s27 

Chance is not coming back to this show

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Chance is not coming back to this show

Ok but who else would be a returning coach John, Dan and shay , and niall are unavailable, gwen never does 2 season straight and wouldn't the Olympics interfere with filming s27 so that would make Snoop unavailable right ? So if we're getting 3 returning coaches for s27 who would return?

Edited by aj_runstar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Popped in to say 😭 is there any way we would ever get Camila back as a coach ?? Idk if this is unpopular I loved her as a coach. 

Long time no see!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aj_runstar said:

Alicia was supposed to be done with the show after S12 and John was slated to join for S14 (JHud was contracted for S13 and 15 at that time) but when John couldn't make it since he has a tour by the time S14 live shows were airing, they brought her back as a last-minute replacement for the black/R&B coach spot. 

Chance has a new mixtape coming out in the near future, and I think he himself knows that he's not belong there. He's not returning as a coach, maybe just an advisor if someone's interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Hii missed yall! I wasn’t too invested in this past season. I thought some of the best people got eliminated too early. 

May I ask about your favorites in recent seasons? I'd love to see your tastes.

2 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Alicia was supposed to be done with the show after S12 and John was slated to join for S14 (JHud was contracted for S13 and 15 at that time) but when John couldn't make it since he has a tour by the time S14 live shows were airing, they brought her back as a last-minute replacement for the black/R&B coach spot. 

Chance has a new mixtape coming out in the near future, and I think he himself knows that he's not belong there. He's not returning as a coach, maybe just an advisor if someone's interested.

Ah alright . Wow I didn't know john was originally slated for s14 that would have been fun to see thanks 

6 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

He also had to get started with his early rehearsals for Jesus Christ, Superstar Live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Thankfully

Right?  After dropping Val and then Alyssa, both for his pet project of the season, he needed to be gone.

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Right?  After dropping Val and then Alyssa, both for his pet project of the season, he needed to be gone.

Dropping Kyle and Dani for Serenity was also a mistake tbh