The Voice ❇️ S27 ❇️ Spoilers/News/Updates - Adam, Kelsea, Michael, John

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

Snoop has Olympics coverage the 3rd week July.

Oooooh.

So maybe:

1. Reba or Keith.
2. Kelsea, Dan + Shay, or Gwen (all are possible I think).
3. Michael or one of the previous three. 4. John or someone new.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Michael, John, Reba and... ???

I'm pretty confident those 3 are returning. Kelsea for the 4th spot maybe?

The thing is John said he’ll be overseas during s26 and still will be during s27..

Also, John has dates July 23-July 24.

Edited by Mathacoo200315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

The thing is John said he’ll be overseas during s26 and still will be during s27..

Also, John has dates July 23-July 24.

Thanks for the information. So no John, no Snoop.

That R&B/Soul spot, if not a new one, then I don't see anyone returning. Alicia and Chance are already done with the show, JHud is on another channel, there's no way they will bring CeeLo back, Pharrell and Usher both seems out of the game - they have been gone way too long. 

I would predict a new black guy/black woman judge for the season then. 

P/s: If my prediction are true and they managed to bring back Ariana to fulfill the last season of her deal, I predict Cynthia Erivo as a new coach.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Thanks for the information. So no John, no Snoop.

That R&B/Soul spot, if not a new one, then I don't see anyone returning. Alicia and Chance are already done with the show, JHud is on another channel, there's no way they will bring CeeLo back, Pharrell and Usher both seems out of the game - they have been gone way too long. 

I would predict a new black guy/black woman judge for the season then. 

P/s: If my prediction are true and they managed to bring back Ariana to fulfill the last season of her deal, I predict Cynthia Erivo as a new coach.

Ariana, Cynthia duo coach how about that??

• Like 1

There are some coaches I’d be happier to see back than others but honestly no good coaching panel is enough to save a weak crop of contestants or one that doesn’t appeal to me. So I don’t really care too much if Gwen or Chance or Nick come back

• Like 3

On 5/22/2024 at 12:36 PM, Someone648 said:

Copy + Paste from S26 thread:

Current/Former Coach gaps (only counting mid-June to mid-September)

John Legend: Jun. 14-20; June 23-Jul. 19; Jul. 24-Aug. 1 (2&3 are LA shows); Aug. 4-6; Aug 12-14 (15 & 16 in CA), Aug. 17-23; Aug 26- Sep. 8

Niall Horan: Jun. 30 - Jul. 6; Aug. 4-Aug. 22; Sept. 4 - Sept. 19

Gwen Stefani: Only scheduled to perform at festival on Sun Jun. 30; plus a possible MN gig on Jul. 19. Jul. 1 - beyond is open (except 7/19-20)

Reba McEntire: None; will be residing on the Universal Lot for the foreseeable future

Dan + Shay: Open mid-June - Jul. 18 (tour begins); Open every Monday-Wednesday each week until September.

Chance the Rapper: Only scheduled to perform at MN State fair 8/23

Michael Buble: Only scheduled to perform in Canada 6/21

Snoop Dogg: Has shows scheduled until June 25. MAY have schedule conflicts with NBC Olympics coverage (Jul. 14 - 30)

Current/Former Coaches (unlikely)

Camila Cabello: Scheduled show in Portugal 6/15; open beyond that for now... but album drops 6/28.

Ariana Grande: None; but it's Ariana Grande. Wicked released November 27, 2024.

Usher: Tour begins 8/14; Shows go until 11/30 - not sure how compatible with live shows?

*laughs in Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, and Christina Aguilera*

Popular Guesses:

Kelsea Ballerini: Open Jun. 8-Jun 27; Jun 30- Jul. 13; Jul. 15 onward is open.

Meghan Trainor: Open until tour begins on 9/4. Ends in October, so lives would be open.

Charlie Puth: Heartbreaking: Open.

Keith Urban: Jun 9-20; Jun. 30 - Jul 6; Jul 8-11; (12 & 13 shows in CA); Jul 14-Aug 1; Aug 5-8; Aug 11-23; Free Aug 25 until October. Would be open for lives.

I rechecked this and think if they indeed will film the blinds on the third week of July (from 15 to around 22 July) then we can count Keith out. Kelsea will still be in the running. Meghan seems possible too, but she teased about her dream job a couple days ago (which is a judge on American Idol) can we count her out too?

Gwen's not staying two consecutive seasons plus her dates on 7/19-20, so no Gwen. Dan+Shay's tour begins around that time too, so no Dan+Shay.

So far only Michael and Reba are safe to expected to return. Any idea guys?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

This may be a dumb question, but does this show really have a low budget? How do we know? Is it really lower than American Idol’s? And why is it low?

They probably have a bigger budget then Idol does. They have to pay 4 coaches instead of 3 judges. But that being said their budget is definitely not as much as it used to be.

31 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

This may be a dumb question, but does this show really have a low budget? How do we know? Is it really lower than American Idol’s? And why is it low?

They used to have car sponsor and all other kind of Sponsors they no longer have.

In 2013 Monday ads were selling for $294,038 per 30 sec. 

https://adage.com/article/media/tv-ad-prices-football-king/244832

Using an online calculator adjusted to inflation it worth $388,341 in 2023

In 2023 it's at $125,833 per 30 sec.

https://adage.com/article/media/tv-commercial-prices-advertising-costs-fall-2023/2520931

So a reduction of 2/3 or 67%

That not counting all the sponsor lost.

I just re-read the 2023 data and The Voice took major drop.

https://adage.com/article/media/tv-commercial-prices-advertising-costs-fall-2023/2520931

l3I9AF1l.png

-45% vs 2022

We have no data for Idol 2023 but here are the 2022

https://adage.com/article/media/tv-commercial-prices-advertising-costs-2022-23-season/2437106

EDKjRtml.png

aLaAFS9l.png

So Idol is doing much worse than The voice in 2022.

1 hour ago, indii said:

The Blake effect :stealth:

I just can't believe that he was the be-all, end-all of the show for that many crybaby grandmas and mothers out there.  He wasn't going to stay for them.  They should've dealt with it.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

lol can you imagine, Adele as a coach? that would be crazy, and seriously, why going to Idol? Come to the show where is all about the voice, not face, you know, the same reason Adele became this big, it just feels right.

Edited by Shinuki

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 11:03 PM, Anybody354 said:

I can give some points about the low budgets:

- The show's producers began cutting budgets since a long time ago, contestants were allowed to record a studio version of their song if they pass through that round, so even someone barely got a chair (a.k.a battle fodders) still got to have a song on iTunes. They changed the rules from S15 to S21, only contestants that made the live shows are allowed to have a studio version, then from S22 onwards, they ditched the studio songs for good, which is probably to save money from the recording sessions.

- Finalists are awarded with cars in earlier seasons (up to S14 if I remember correctly). From S15 onwards finalists didn't receive anything if they didn't win. That's a considerable budget cuts. Also, they invested a lot in the artists' outfits as well in earlier seasons (I recall Britton Buchanan once said that they got to keep the clothes they wore during the performances). Now, if you pay attention to the most recent season, you'll notice that contestants were wearing the same clothes during both performance and result night. 

- The live shows became shorter and now seems stable with 3 weeks of lives. There used to be 5-6 weeks of lives in earlier seasons. That got cut too. 

- The live finale used to have big names and global premiere moments (Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Dua Lipa...) and finalists also allowed to do more songs in earlier seasons: a duet with a guest celebrity and a group song with eliminated contestants. During COVID times, they came up with the idea of having 5 finalists instead of 4, then moved the coach duet to the final show. By doing that, they created opportunity for more coaches getting represented in the finale, while also had a way to keep the finale for 2 hours without too many guests, which saved them a lot of money. Not to mention: in earlier seasons (up to S14) eliminated contestants (mostly Semifinalists) still stayed for another week for the live finale, and Semifinalists also got to perform with celebrities (like Noah Mac with Bastille, Davon Fleming with Jessie J, Hunter Plake with Gwen, Mark Isaiah with Luis Fonsi). Now they were sent packing right after their elimination if there were no group performances.

- Coach choice: We went from big names in the current time (Miley, Alicia, Kelly, John) to some B-list (Chance, Camila) and for the upcoming season, all legacy act. With the B-list coaches, they only have to spend around $8M in comparison with $10-13M for A-listers. I don't blame them for their coach choice, since they did try to have a big name onto the panel with Ariana, and it didn't work out. 

The most obvious reason is that the coaches' salaries are taking a big part of the budget (Kelly, John, Blake, Adam all did a lot of seasons and they made more than $13M each per seasons. I'm sure Reba has around the same numbers). Besides they probably ran out of money with the Ariana stint, they had to cut money to make up for it. COVID also affected the show hard, and they made it past that time because of their cost-saving methods.

As everybody pointed out earlier, Idol only has 3 judge so they have more budget for contestants (celebrity duet, group performance). But pay attention closer and you'll see that The Voice invested a lot in staging and productions for contestants' performances. The treatment Asher had during "Irreplaceable" (huge stage, choir and dancing team) can never be found on Idols.

My thoughts only based on my experience watching the show since S2. Feel free to contribute.

Edited by Kenneth96
  • Like 4

Adele is an amazing personality and she's one of the people I would actively want to see on the show. If Idol picks her up, that's an excellent get. My impression is that she's way more naturally entertaining than Katy.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

The panels of the past have been way too friendly even with the "rivalries" Lets have some real competitiveness and animosity up in here.

Bring in Azalea Banks for S27.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

The panels of the past have been way too friendly even with the "rivalries" Lets have some real competitiveness and animosity up in here.

Bring in Azalea Banks for S27.

Beefing with contestants before they even get up on stage ❤️

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Cynthia Erivo would actually be such a good coach

Minivans won't like her - a black, queer woman with a crew cut, something grandmas and mamas still can't get used to. They disliked JHud, they will dislike Cynthia even more just because of her appearance.

For me, I don't want Cynthia Erivo as a coach yet because she needs to take an Oscar first to finally become an EGOT. Cynthia is more talented than many of the current coaches/advisors.