2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Steven & Sola’s Noms Posted)

Alex95

4fpq4.gif

NOMINATIONS:
Jermaine & Justin (The Amazing Race Canada 9)
Aimee Yonce Shennel (Canada's Drag Race Season 4)
Zara Zoffany (The Challenge: UK)
Matty Edgell (The Great British Bake Off Series 14)
Lele Pons "Jackalope" (The Masked Singer American Season 9)
Claire Richards "Knitting" (The Masked Singer British Series 4)
Prajjé Oscar Jean-Baptiste (Project Runway Season 20)
Korto Momolu (Project Runway Season 20)
Darienne Lake (RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 8 )
Kate Butch (RuPaul's Drag Race UK Series 5)
Banksie (RuPaul's Drag Race UK Series 5)
Player 019 "Amanda" (Squid Game: The Challenge)
Gabriel "Gabri" Rodriguez (Top Chef: World All-Stars)
Victoire Gouloubi (Top Chef: World All-Stars)
Liam Davern (The Traitors Australia Season 2)
Simone Williams (The Traitors Australia Season 2)

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Wally’s Noms Posted)

Lele Pons "Jackalope" 

Lele Pons revealed as Jackalope in 'The Masked Singer'

The Jackalope was Lele Pons masked identity on The Masked Singer Season 9.  Lele appeared in the second episode of the second bracket.  I don't like this format of the masked singer.  Lele didn't make it out of the episode alive.  She advanced past the previous episodes winner with her performance of Whenever, Wherever by Shakira.  It was a solid performance.  This got her entry into the battle royale in the second half of the show.  Here she competed against Fairy to On Top of the World by Imagine Dragon.  Fairy won, as I felt she was more suited to the song.  Lele was then unmasked and eliminated from the show. She's made it far in this rankdown for being on one who episode of television.  She's out now though.

Save: Kate Butch

Zara Zoffany (The Challenge: UK)
Who is The Challenge star Zara Zoffany dating?

My brain definitely read "Big Brother UK" for some reason but she's actually from The Challenge! No need to change cuts I guess. Zara is originally from The Royal World on MTV International which presumably is a Real World season for British people. It premiered in 2018. Her next appearance was on this season that I'm doing the write-up for, but apparently she was also on World Championship and Battle for a New Champion immediately after lol she was a busy lady in 2023 and I guess has multiple entries in out game. The Challenge UK had a MASSIVE WHOPPING five entire episodes for the season. 16 contestants. 8 guys, 8 girls. Zara was the runner up for the women. Eight contestants left in the finale episode? This is getting silly. Zara had zero arena appearances which I think is a good thing but she also had zero challenge wins.

Save Matty Bake-Off Winner

Canadas-Drag-Race-Season-4-Sashay-QEh-Ai
Aimee Yonce Shennel | Canada's Drag Race Season 4

Aimee Yonce Shennel placed seventh/eighth during the fourth season of Canada’s Drag Race. I think Aimee is one of the most forgettable queens to compete across all seasons so I’m not surprised she’s made it this far. She never delivered anything fantastic but she never did anything atrocious either and was always just there. Her best moment was probably her lip-sync to “Come Through” but she was absolutely DESTROYED by Nearah. Her runways were pretty average and the look she created was amongst the best she had to show us. This is probably far too high of a placement for her but she’s snuck by for long enough.

Saving Banksie.

I'm still kinda bummed that Lele Pons "Jackalope" outlasted her DWTS entry with Brandon. Her "Whenever Wherever" performance was good and fun. But yeah this is a very good/generous placement for her as she only lasted 1 episode. :yes: 

I enjoy Zara but I did want her Battle for a New Champion entry to be her highest entry here so #bless for that happening now. Didn't get to see her on The Challenge UK but I know she's a strong competitor, especially with her being the runner-up on the women's side. 

JERMAINE & JUSTIN

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA - SEASON 9 || 5TH PLACE

TARC9_170423_TEAM_07_1983_edited-wide-1024x768.jpg 7.%20Jermaine%20and%20Justin.png

Prior to competing on the 9th season of The Amazing Race Canada, Jermaine and Justin were already familiar faces in the reality TV world, having competed/appeared as Anastarzia Anaquway and Kimora Amour on the first and second seasons of Canada's Drag Race. As a Drag Race fan, I was excited to see them take on a new challenge and how they would navigate The Amazing Race on top of their dynamic considering we've never seen them competing alongside each other before.

They started off the race fairly well, finishing in 4th place during the first leg, where they ran an incredibly smooth and impressive race - in fact, I thought they could have been the underdogs of the season. However, they struggled in the following episode, dropping down two more spots. Their most infamous leg, without a doubt, was the 3rd leg of the race when they found themselves in Vancouver. They began this leg in a strong position, but things quickly went south at the Roadblock. Justin chose to take on the task, which involved bungee jumping, but he started spiraling and became questioning his ability to do it, despite having successfully completed a rappelling challenge in a prior leg. As he debated to jump or not to jump, other teams began to catch up, putting more pressure on him to make a decision. Ultimately, he chose to take a penalty rather than complete the jump which meant they are not racing against the clock at this point.  Things continued to spiral from there. The next task involved setting a table to match a pre-set example, with one team member giving directions and the other setting the table. Justin, confident due to his past experience in hospitality, believed they could make up lost time. However, as more teams arrived and completed the task successfully, they started to feel the pressure, and Justin struggled to get it done. Frustrated, he told Jermaine he was done, leading them to take yet another penalty. After that task, they had to find a golf ball before checking in at the mat, where they used their Assist Pass in hopes of gaining time and managed to check in before another team. However, they had accumulated a 6-hour penalty due to the tasks they failed to complete, which left Jermaine fuming as Justin had made decisions without really consulting him especially the table setting task. When the remaining team finally arrived, Justin and Jermaine were allowed to check in. Just when it seemed like their race was over, it was revealed to be a non-elimination leg where the host, Jon Montgomery, told them: "You don’t get to be on The Amazing Race Canada without having first earned it. Do me a favor, no more penalties."

Considering their performance during the 3rd leg - marked by a lack of communication, confidence in each other, and mutual support - one would have expected Justin and Jermaine to be the next team eliminated in the 4th leg. Surprisingly, that wasn’t the case, as they managed to check in at 5th place, with luck clearly on their side. In the 5th leg, they faced a similar situation when Justin once again seemed to be giving up, unable to complete a task. This led to Jermaine’s frustration, and he ultimately decided to swap out and finish the task himself to avoid another penalty. At this point, they were essentially in last place. The pass twist, however, played a crucial role in their survival when Ty & Kat and Gracie & Lily were selected - meaning they couldn’t continue until another team passed them. The decision to go after Gracie & Lily significantly impacted Justin and Jermaine's fate, as they finished 5th out of 6th, leading to Gracie & Lily's elimination. This outcome was frustrating since Gracie & Lily were frontrunners who seemed more invested in the race compared to Justin and Jermaine.

In the 6th leg, Justin and Jermaine were once again in a tough spot, competing against Devon & Amanda for last place. They arrived last at the pitstop, but the leg wasn’t over yet, granting them another lifeline. During the following tasks, they received yet another lifeline when Derek & Jaspal, who were tied with them for last, gave them a crucial clue. This act backfired on Derek & Jaspal, allowing Justin and Jermaine to stay in the race, when they worked with Devon & Amanda to outlast Derek & Jaspal. After this rollercoaster of a journey, their luck finally ran out during the 8th leg, when they were ultimately eliminated from the race.

Overall, they certainly let their personalities shine through, but Justin was incredibly frustrating throughout the race. Given his many moments of wanting to give up, I believe the producers should have just sent them home instead of opting for a non-elimination leg, as it wasn’t fair to the other racers who genuinely wanted to be there. I’m aware that this race impacted their friendship, and I’m unsure if they’re on good terms now ; Jermaine admitted that he wasn’t a good friend to Justin during the race and should have been more supportive, which is fair. But I also think Justin should have been a better friend to Jermaine in the moment, understanding that they were a team of two and not just solo competitors like on Canada's Drag Race. Considering how many other Amazing Race Canada teams they outlasted, I regret saving them over Derek & Jaspar, earlier in the rankdown. At least, the winners of the season are also the winners in this rankdown!

SAVING: PRAJJE O JEAN-BAPTISTE

Edited by *Chris

DARIENNE LAKE

darienne-lake-rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-season-8-1014x570.jpg

Darienne Lake is a drag performer who competed on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars. She first competed on the regular edition of the show; she placed fourth in season six. She returned for this all-star season, but she didn't last as long. She finished the competition in ninth place. Anyway, Darienne first got into drag in the 1990s, and her drag name is inspired by Ricki Lake. As the Wiki explains, "Darien Lake — Ricki Lake's love child with the amusement park in Corfu, New York near Buffalo and Cheektowaga." Throughout Darienne's four episode appearances, she didn't win any maxi or mini challenges. She was in the Bottom three times, so that's not a good track record. Due to her unimpressive run, I think she's a fair cut to make at this stage in the game.

Saving Amanda.

a866a535-a83b-4773-8219-a346b24f05b8.png

Great in-depth write-up on Jermaine & Justin, Chris! :yes: Very interesting comments on how they came across racing/performing as individuals rather than as a team. Maybe that's a tough transition for solo Reality TV competitors to do in a team competition. But ahh yikes at their clashes as a team. 

Ahh I feel like I have been trying so hard for Darienne Lake to go here. 🙈 :dead: But yeah, Darienne had a good run on her original season though I wasn't much of a fan of hers. Darienne did have and talked about her 100 pound weight loss since her original season, which is amazing. Sadly she really struggled and was very disappointing/not too memorable on her All-Stars run. I wish she had done better as on paper, she had one of the better original season runs but it didn't show here. I remember being surprised when Jessica (and the queens) kept her over Kasha on Week 3. This is a great spot for Darienne to come in here, though could also be a bit generous - but well done to her getting this far. 

@jarmon @*Diana @*Lily

Claire Richards "Knitting" (The Masked Singer British Series 4)
Korto Momolu (Project Runway Season 20)
Gabriel "Gabri" Rodriguez (Top Chef: World All-Stars)
Victoire Gouloubi (Top Chef: World All-Stars)
Liam Davern (The Traitors Australia Season 2)
Simone Williams (The Traitors Australia Season 2)

Liam Davern

1.webp

Liam Davern was on The Traitors Australia Season 2. He was a faithful and from reading the season recap, it seemed like he was one of those faithfuls that was fairly clueless and just helped the traitors all season long before he was finally cut. Apparently he did a lot of the dirty work for them which as a faithful is kind of not the point. So that is a little oof. Seems her tried to save himself at the end there but it was a moot point and he was cut over an actual traitor in Sam. Hard pill to swallow if you are Liam.

Saving Claire Richards

Gabriel "Gabri" Rodriguez

Top Chef World All-Stars in London: See the Trailer

This is probably one of the shows I am the least knowledgeable on, so sorry Gabri it's nothing personal! This sounds like a fun season of Top Chef though, bringing the best of the best from around the world. And there's a lot of winners in the cast so I imagine it was incredibly stacked. Gabri won the second season of Top Chef: Mexico, and he made it to the top three here. His track record looks a little inconsistent though, he placed low six times over the season. This apparently earned him the nickname "El Gato" - because he kept managing to survive in the competition. He pulled out one win over the season, and he was the best-placing non-US contestant, but it does look like the two finalists he went up against had better runs overall.

Save Victoire

KORTO MOMOLU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6qPTLNJwNF_W4ckBzPTL

Korto Momolu first competed on Season 5 of Project Runway, where she placed 2nd. She then competed again on All Stars 3 and got 2nd, yet again! Damn, if this ain't some Allison Harvard shidddd. She had a pretty decent run, during the 10 weeks of competition, she won 1 challenge, was safe for 6 weeks, low for 1, high for 1 and then eliminated in the other 1. She was in the bottom 2 with the eventual winner Bishme so hey! At least, she got eliminated against the eventual winner so that's that. Anyway, I didn't watch this season of Project Runway, I was really motivated though to give it a try and I just watched the first 2 episodes and called it a day. I don't really know any of these people left to be cut so I just went with Korto, sorry.

SAVE: Simone Williams.