2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Zoey’s Decision Next)

Alex95

Cycle 2 - Season Limits

maxresdefault.jpg

For this cycle, yes! The limit does exist. And the limit is 6 or 7. For this cycle, you are each restricted to six or seven seasons you can nominate from. When it's your turn to nominate, you can nominate anyone from those seasons of reality television. Everyone else will cut and save as per usual from the nominations. The only rules to this cycle is you can only nominate from your designated seasons. Listed below is the nominating order and which seasons you are permitted to nominate from.

cyVHmld.png

FTnHybs.png

@*Diana - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9), Love Island (Series 9), Big Brother 25 US, The Voice (American Season 24), The Traitors (Australia Season 2), House of Villains (Season 1), The Bachelor (American Season 27)

@Zoey - Dancing with the Stars (American Season 32), The Traitors (NZ Season 1), The Amazing Race Canada 9, RuPaul's Drag Race (Season 15), The Bachelorette (American Season 20), Top Chef: World All-Stars, The Challenge: Battle for a New Champion

@Steven_ - The Circle (US Season 5), The Voice (Australian Season 12), The Great British Bake Off (Series 14), American Idol (Season 21), Stars on Mars, The Masked Singer (American Season 10), Buddy Games

@*Chris - Love Island Games, The Masked Singer (American Season 9), Love Island (Series 10), Project Runway (Season 20), Big Brother 20 UK, Big Brother Canada 11

@*Lily - RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under (Season 3), Australian Idol (Season 8 ), The Golden Bachelor (Season 1), Dancing with the Stars (Australian Season 20), Survivor 45, The Voice (American Season 23)

@jarmon - The Traitors (US Season 1), RuPaul's Drag Race UK (Series 5), The Challenge: UK, The Amazing Race 35, The Traitors Canada, Strictly Come Dancing (Series 21)

@*Wallace - The Masked Singer (British Series 4), The Challenge: World Championship, Squid Game: The Challenge, Australian Survivor: Heroes V Villains, Dancing with the Stars (Irish Series 6), Special Forces: World's Toughest Test (Season 1)

@Solaris - Special Forces: World's Toughest Test (Season 2), Canada's Drag Race (Season 4), America's Got Talent: All-Stars, America's Got Talent (Season 18), Survivor 44, Big Brother Reindeer Games

@FrogLenzen - Love Island (American Season 5), Claim to Fame (US Season 2), Perfect Match (Season 1), The Challenge: USA (Season 2), RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars (Season 8 ), The Voice UK (Series 12)

So whenever Diana's ready, she can post her 16 nominations from her seven reality show seasons.

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Cycle 2 Posted)

Tell Me About It Stud GIF by Grease Live

1. Aven Jones - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

2. Kylee Russell - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

3. Jordan Vandergriff - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

4. Tyler Norris - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

5. Shaq Muhammad - Love Island (Series 9)

6. Casey O'Gorman - Love Island (Series 9)

7. Tanyel Revan - Love Island (Series 9)

8.Ron Hall - Love Island (Series 9)

9. Huntley - The Voice (American Season 24)

10. Ruby Leigh - The Voice (American Season 24)

11. Azán - The Voice (American Season 24)

12. Bias - The Voice (American Season 24)

13. Jacquie Roar - The Voice (American Season 24)

14. Nini Iris - The Voice (American Season 24)

15. Lila Forde - The Voice (American Season 24)

16. Kara Tenae - The Voice (American Season 24)

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana's Noms Posted)

Bias - The Voice (American Season 24)

bias-the-voice-vertical-1.jpg

Well I was disappointed that Bias escaped Derek's The Voice noms last round as I would have cut him then, but I guess I shall take this chance to cut him now. But not only that, I do believe Bias is my actual least favorite amongst these nominees so it was an easy choice here.  Sighh sadly some more of my favorites from The Voice and BIP (and Love Island too) are up.... soooo I just gotta hope for the best for my faves to get saved. :haha:  *fingers crossed* 

Anyway, let's talk about Bias! Bias is a 23-year old from Chattanooga, Tennessee. Bias is the resident country male singer of The Voice (American Season 24). He made his blind audition debut on Episode 4, where he sang Blake Shelton's big hit, "God's Country." What's interesting is that this was the first season without Blake. I am suddenly curious what Blake would have thought of this and if he would have turned his chair for Bias. Bias did get a 2 chair turn from Gwen Stefani and Reba McEntire - Bias chose to be on Team Gwen! 

Okay, so Bias' run in the next two rounds was pretty smooth sailing. In the battle rounds, he battled against Jacquie Roar on Jelly Roll's "Need a Favor" and Gwen somehow chose Bias over Jacquie, which DID NOT make sense. :? Jacquie slayed this performance while Bias was merely meh on this. Jacquie was stolen from Reba so at least Reba knew what was up. In the Knockouts, Bias sang Chris Stapleton's "You Should Probably Leave" where Gwen chose him over Jenna Marquis and Jason Arcilla. I can't remember my thoughts on this battle and I think this was montaged? So mehh. So we go forward to the Top 23 Playoffs, where Bias sang "Where I Find God" by Larry Fleet. He advanced forward to the Top 12 Live shows after this.

Okay so we have reached the Top 12 Quarterfinals, which is the first live shows of the season. Bias closes the show with an emotional performance of Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down." I mean... it was written in the cards. Country singer + song with God in it's title + Show closer = sailing through to the next round. That was exactly what had happened. And I ended up losing two of my biggest favorites after that, ugh. 😢 On the Top 9 semifinals, Bias sang Rascal Flatts' "Bless the Broken Road." I really like this song but didn't care for his version of this. Another thing about Bias, while I didn't get him, I also thought he had a fairly weak voice. This episode also gave us Taylor Swift trio performances.  Bias got to sing with two other country singers, Ruby Leigh & Jacquie Roar on "Mean." I didn't care too much for this but I think they all worked surprisingly well as a country trio. Bias wasn't so lucky with the results this time, as he landed in the Bottom 5 for the Instant Save. Bias sang "Go Rest High on That Mountain." I thought with him being a country male singer, he would have had the public vote to sail through to the final. But that shockingly did not happen as he was eliminated (and Gwen's passed up on act Jacquie Roar made it through). Bias did well to get to the Top 9 semi-finals. I wasn't a fan of his but props to him for getting that far. Sadly, he doesn't have that same luck in this rankdown. I'll post his blind audition of "God's Country" below.

Saving: Kylee Russell

giphy.gif

Tanyel Revan

Love Island's Tanyel Revan goes Instagram official with new boyfriend |  Goss.ie

This name looks like someone was high when they came up.  Seems like its a hybrid of Tanya and Danielle. Tanyel was part of the 9th season of Love Island.  I will just assume this is the UK edition.  Tanyel was torn between two men during love island.  She partnered up with Kai initially and then went to Ron.  Then she went back to Kai and back to Ron a couple times.  Seems like the girl couldn't make up her mind.  Seems like both guys dumped her near the end of the season.  Maybe it was the audience?  IDK, don't care to look as dating shows meaning very little if anything to me.

Save: Nini

RON HALL

ronloveisland-1024x1024.jpg

Ron Hall competed on Season 9 of Love Island. I don't watch Love Island so probably gonna be a very disappointing write-up. Anyways, I chose to cut him because I didn't want to cut anyone from The Voice or Bachelor in Paradise so by default, it was him. His name just stood out to me as a cut. Anyways, he had quite a journey, I see he partnered with multiple women throughout his time on the show. Started with Lana, then Tanyel, then Ellie, then Tanyel two more times and then finally sticking with Lana. Anyways, him and Lana made it to the end of the show and placed as the runner-ups to Kai & Sanam. So yeah, anyways that is it for this write-up for Ron. He's decent looking, I guess. But, he didn't end up on good terms with Lana after the show. He even shouted at her at an ITV bash so yeah, doesn't seem like a great person.

SAVE: AZAN

• Sad 2

Tanyel is so gorgeous! :wub: I liked her well enough though she wasn't one of my favorites on LIUK9. She did have bad luck in love on the show. I feel like things ended kinda bad for her with Kai? (Though I could be remembering wrong there). But then with her and Ron, they were mostly paired up as a friendship couple. Though it did seem like they had feelings for each other with how close they were. But I liked them solely as a friendship. 

I'm good with Ron going. He was a big character on LIUK9 but I didn't like/care for him most of the time. Especially at the start where he seemed to be toying around with Lana and not giving her the attention and affection she was giving him. Though I get that they are there to explore relationships but the way he did it kinda felt icky to me. I felt like he kinda took Lana for granted for awhile and like he could always go back to her until he finally realized she was the one. I also wish she made him fight even harder for her. I know they broke up after the show but don't know the details about it but that sounds yikes at the ITV bash thing.  

RUBY LEIGH

the-voice-ruby-leigh-win.jpg

I don't know any of these people. I chose to cut Ruby Leigh, because she's from The Voice. It would be easier to research her journey than someone from the dating shows. I watched her blind audition, and...yeah, her style just isn't for me. But she does have an authentic musical identity. And I'll also give her kudos on having some power in her belts, but the yodeling was a bit much for me. But she impressed the judges and got all four of them to turn for her. And Ruby Leigh's family looks so proud and emotional, that was nice. Anyway, I just found out that Ruby Leigh ended up being the runner-up of this season of The Voice. Oops. Oh, well. I'm already committed to this write-up. I'll watch some more of her performances...."Jolene" as a duet, huh? As for "Blue," it wasn't bad. From these three performances, I do think her voice breaks too much. She slips into her higher register often instead of just holding the note as is. I jumped ahead to her "Desperado" performance, and...I don't want to be mean, but it was kind of dull. I expected better from a finale performance. Anyway, Ruby Leigh didn't win The Voice, but she has many fans commenting on her performance videos on YouTube. They are all certain she will be a country music superstar who will sell millions of records. I guess we'll see if that happens. Has she released any original music since her time on The Voice? Based on what comes up on YouTube, it doesn't look like it.

Saving Kara Tenae.

kara-tenae-voice-2023-billboard-1548.jpg

Aven Jones - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

Jordan Vandergriff - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

Tyler Norris - Bachelor in Paradise (American Season 9)

Shaq Muhammad - Love Island (Series 9)

Casey O'Gorman - Love Island (Series 9)

Huntley - The Voice (American Season 24)

Jacquie Roar - The Voice (American Season 24)

Lila Forde - The Voice (American Season 24)

12 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Casey O'Gorman - Love Island (Series 9)

Lila Forde - The Voice (American Season 24)

About 5 hours @Zoey @*Chris @*Lily @FrogLenzen

Posted (edited)

Casey O’Gorman

Who is Casey O'Gorman on Love Island 2023? Career, age and Instagram -  Wales Online

Sorry for no picture just yet, I’ll add but just doing this now with the deadline coming up. Casey was a bit of a non-entity on Love Island, for me. What I most remember about him was he made a connection with a girl named Claudia. They coupled up, then at Casa Amor he explored other options and got very flirty with another girl. Led her on and then she was shocked when he didn’t pick her. She was visibly upset and he just kinda acted like he did nothing, took no responsibility and showed many red flags. 

Casey and Claudia didn’t last, and he ended up coming back as an All-Star. There were some questionable choices on that season but Casey was one of the top of the list. The season was only a matter of months ago but I didn’t really hear anything or know what he brought to the competition. So presumably not a lot.

Save Lila Forde

Edited by *Lily

Less than an hour before anyone can take over @Zoey @*Chris @FrogLenzen

Jacquie Roar

Another Voice contestant! Jacquie had a decent audition. The judges didn't turn around until the very end when she finally started wailing, and honestly I agree I think that's when she finally stood out and I would have turned no earlier as well if I was a judge. She is doing the country rock thing genre-wise. The first 3/4 of her audition are not super compelling to me, a little shaky and I think a better more aggressive song-choice would fit her voice and vibe better and be a better brand for her and would have gotten the chairs sooner. But this is all just based on 1 performance lol I could be way off on her overall. So what happened after that? She chose to go with Gwen, but then lost her battle and was stolen by Reba. After that she made it to the Top 12 no problem, was in the bottom 5 for the semifinals and was INSTANTLY SAVED by Reba. So she made the finale! And place 4th out of 5 in the finale episode. Not a bad run from Jacquie. 

Save Jordan Vandergriff

Ruby was alright but not really my kind of contestant and I found her on the boring side. She has a nice voice and some nice performances but she also had a number of performances that didn't invest me in.

Casey is totally a fair cut. He had a fun bromance with Tom but he seemed more into his friendship with Tom than making any connections with any of the ladies there. How he treated and led on Claudia and that one girl at Casa Amor was really messed up. And yeah, he takes no accountability for his actions.

Aww Jacquie was the remaining of the Voice contestants I was hoping to see get saved. :( But oh well, at least she beat out BIAS so I'm good with that at least. She started off good, maybe not a standout but she did grow and get better as the competition progressed. I liked her mix of country + rock (with some pop in there), so that made her the most interesting of the country contestants to me. And she had a great belting voice too.

277078083-10161967690067846-211405387984

Ahh this was a bit of a tough choice for me as I do really like both Shaq and Aven. I was hoping for Shaq, Aven and/or Jacquie to be amongst some of the last few saves for this round... but lol I am not THAT lucky. :dead: I feel bad having to cut one of Aven or Shaq though, as I said as I like them both. :( HOWEVER, post-show activities (that I know and read about) have helped me come up with this decision to make things a little easier with this decision, at least. More on that later. Anywho..... 

Aven Jones made his Bachelor Nation debut on 2022's The Bachelorette where he was pursuing Rachel. He was the runner-up that season and I think I covered their relationship in last year's game, maybe? I know I did so on Rachel's write-up. But fast forward a year later, Kylee was talking about talking with Aven on social media or something and how excited she was to meet him. Aven came to Season 9's Bachelor in Paradise early on, at like Day 2 or 3. Lol Kylee kinda dropped the guy she had a 1/2 day connection with to be with Aven, as he was the guy she was waiting for. Kylee and Aven connected early on and throughout the whole time on Bachelor in Paradise. While I did really like them and would probably call them my favorite couple of that season (or at least up there), it did seem a little bit of a one-sided relationship where she seemed much more into Aven than him into Kylee. I think he was interested and attracted to her. They did have some really nice, good, cute moments and had good chemistry. The big thing/issue with them was that Kylee wanted to leave the island with a proposal while Aven still wanted to be with her but wasn't ready to settle down and propose. I GET it on both of their ends. You go to Paradise with the expectations and hopes of getting engaged. But then sometimes, a couple weeks of dating on the island isn't enough time to get engaged and you want to explore things on the outside. Aven did end up getting his way here where they left the show in a relationship without the engagement (that 2 other couples did). I'll post a few videos of when Aven arrived on Paradise to ask Kylee for a date and then them leaving the show together.

I was fine with this decision from Aven & Kylee and was just hoping for the best for them on the outside world. Sadly, about a week after the finale, it came out that they broke up. 😐 The reason for it was rather shocking. I believe it was stated that Aven cheated on Kylee outside of the show? I can't remember all of the details. But he did post a statement on social media apologizing to Kylee for his actions: https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/EhuKFHCuSRF9xIVJvE7wnw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTEzODQ-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/business_insider_articles_888/afa22018bdf0063d0507713ca0323611 

And another article about it here: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bips-kylee-russell-breaks-down-aven-jones-cheating-scandal/ 

Ugh this was really disappointing to me as I really liked Aven and rooted for him on both of his The Bachelor seasons. I don't get how he could do that to Kylee... it makes no sense. I really rooted for them on the show so this was ugh. :broken: But Kylee definitely deserves better and someone as into her as she's into them. I usually make my cuts/saves based on stuff from the show and what they did on the show. But with Shaq being such a loyal and dedicated soldier to Tanya on their Love Island series + relationship that gave him the advantage for me as I can't really say that Aven did the same.

Saving: Shaq Muhammad

67777387-11760839-image-a-35_16765863658