2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Derek’s Decision Next)

Alex95

christine-quinn-the-masked-singer-usa-64
“Scorpio” (Christine Quinn) | The Masked Singer US

Christine Quinn is best known for appearing in the Netflix show Selling Sunset. This has lead to Christine appearing in multiple reality shows and earning herself quite a lot of money. Christine wasn’t always my favourite during Selling Sunset but without her the show wouldn’t be what it is today. Christine appeared on The Masked Singer but only had two performances which were pretty forgettable so she’s an easy cut here. Christine has made a big name for herself in fashion and regularly attends Fashion Week’s all over the world. She’s currently going through a divorce with what sounds like an absolute psychopath.

Saving Hallie.

Ughh Chanelle Bowen. I pretty much agree with Lily's comments on her. She had such high hopes and had potential to be a fun housemate. She wasn't ever really the star or the biggest character but she started out as a good/likable background housemate. But then yeah, she just got moody (maybe with being around Jenkin & Tom) and her hate/dispute towards Trish was awkward and weird. :huh: It seemed like a lot of built up tension that just exploded, which led to her obvious eviction. If not for that, she could have sailed through to the final (with like a 5th place finish). Her 180 on the show was just so crazy to me.

I totally forgot about Christine Quinn performing as "Scorpio" on TMS. :dead: I don't really remember my thoughts of her + her performances on there.

Alexa Bliss "Axolotl" (The Masked Singer - Season 9)
Johnny Middlebrooks (Love Island Games)
Kady McDermott  (Love Island - Series 10)
Kerry Riches (Big Brother 20 UK)
Leah Taylor (Love Island - Series 10)
Lou Diamond Phillips "Mantis" (The Masked Singer - Season 9)
Megan Barton-Hanson (Love Island Games)
Montel McKenzie (Love Island - Series 10)

Posted (edited)

Kady McDermott 

kady-mcdermott-648c328c463a1.jpg

This will probably be last cut till Monday night so I look forward to coming back to no mess? Please, k thank you! Speaking of Mess, Kady McDermott is quite the mess herself. Which I think is basically a given if you are singing up for a show like Love Island or Bachelor/ette. But really she was messy and not even in a fun way? In the cringe and annoying to have to sit and watch kind of way. To me it's wasn't fun to watch her one season let alone coming back for another season years later. Just give it up girl.

Saving Alexa Bliss

Edited by *Diana

LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS

Masked-Singer-Mantis-01-042623-f19fa2e0c4dd41c793c7a06685671e55.jpg

Lou Diamond Phillips is an actor known for starring as Ritchie Valens in the movie La Bamba. He competed on The Masked Singer as The Mantis. The songs he performed on The Masked Singer include "Old Time Rock and Roll," "You Really Got Me," and "La Bamba." He also sang "(I've Got A) Golden Ticket" during the Battle Royale. However, "La Bamba" was performed after his elimination, so he was eliminated after his second performance. I mean, his performances were fine. He's sung professionally before, so it's no surprise he can carry a tune. But I can't say he was robbed just from what I saw on YouTube. He probably agreed to participate on the show to have fun and pick up an easy paycheck. Anyway, Lou Diamond Phillips only performed a few times, so I think this should be a fair cut. 

Saving Leah Taylor.

leah-love-island-summer-2023-64871c7db987f.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.893xh;0,0.0493xh&resize=1200:*

Kerry Riches (Big Brother 20 UK)
Kerry Riches Big Brother GIF - Kerry Riches Big Brother Bbuk GIFs

Kerry is a 40 year old NHS Manager from Essex with MS. She was on the season and stumbled early as one of the nominations in the very first week. Why does the fan wiki even exist??? It doesn't have any information except photographs that I can't even hotlink. REGULAR wiki tells me that she was nominated with Farida by the cast and then a public vote sent Farida home. I'm not going to call the public racist because I don't know Kerry or Farida at all. After surviving that she only lasted until Week 4 when she became the 4th housemate to be evicted. 13th place out of 16. I think she was "back-doored" but I'm still not sure what that even means tbh. 

Save Mr. Middlebrooks

• Sad 1

Ughh noo, the BBUK fan wiki site sucks too? 😐 :dead: 

Oooh Kerry... she was something else. :haha: She was another one of those annoying/moreso entertaining to watch and annoying to live with contestants. But she sure brought a lot of drama to the show. :haha: Regarding Kerry's backdoor eviction. Noky had a special power for a Halloween twist (and had Trish join alongside her) where they got to put up 3 housemates up for eviction. They were Dylan, Olivia and Kerry. Kerry was a reallly polarizing person on the show, so she ultimately ended with the public's most votes to evict. That was an easy elimination to see coming though I would have preferred Dylan to have gone. Oh I did kinda adore Kerry/Hallie's mother/daughter like relationship on the show. ❤️  Anyway, Kerry took her eviction with grace and class, here was how it went down:

Ooh and Lou Diamond Phillip "Mantis" was okay. He had some decent/fine enough performances. But I did NOT get or agreed with the judges (well Robin) using one of the group saves for him at all. I was lowkey upset and didn't get that, lmao. But Robin said he was a sentiment favorite of his and think it was because he sang songs his father Alan loved or something of that nature? So I got it in that sense but felt other more deserving contestants could have gotten robbed.

Kerry. 😭 I was so close to saving her because the first couple of weeks of the show would’ve been a borefest without her. I went from hating to loving her because of how unaware she was.

Montel McKenzie (Love Island Series 10)

23d1ae9d-65f0-40de-83c5-573c86045aee.jpg

Well the ones I was wanted to save were either saved or cut and the ones I wanted to cut were also cut, so it was down to two I was moreso indifferent on. But I'll save Megan since I did see and know & liked her from Love Island Games, while I don't know Montel. Montel McKenzie competed and participated on the 10th series of Love Island UK. Ugh while I was on a Love Island binge watch session last summer, I did secretly-not-so-secretly watch the 9th series but I didn't get around to watching the 10th series like I wanted to. Did I make the right decision in watching Series 9 but not Series 10??? I don't know.  But back to Montel.

Montel McKenzie is a 25-year old Account Manager and Semi-professional footballer from London, England, who entered the villa on Day 16. It seems that he formed a good connection with Leah. They re-coupled with each other 3 times on the courtse of their stay on the series. To break this down further, Montel chose to couple up with Leah on Day 18. Then Leah & Montel passed their Casa Amor test to recouple up on Day 31. Montel chose to re-couple up with Leah on Day 37. Sadly, he and Leah were dumped from the island on Day 38, after they received the second fewest votes for most compatible couple via the public vote. They were also dumped alongside Catherine & Elom. But yeah, as sad as it can be, I do prefer couples that have actually formed a bond or connection to leave together rather than one of them going with the other one there by themselves (if they have a strong/solid connection). Montel lasted 22 days on the show. Longer than some but not as long as others/most of the main stars of the show - so that makes him more or less a fair cut.  But with some more research, I'm seeing that Montel & Leah split 2 weeks after they were on the show. There were some cheating allegations against him, which he denied. Hmmm. More on that story here: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/tv-old/8835124/love-island-montel-leah-cheating-party-row/ .

Saving: Megan Barton-Hanson

love-island-games-justine-ndiba.png

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Lily’s Noms Next)

@*Lily is up next to nominate from RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under (Season 3), Australian Idol (Season 8 ), The Golden Bachelor (Season 1), Dancing with the Stars (Australian Season 20), Survivor 45, The Voice (American Season 23)

Nominations:

Anya Hynninen (Australian Idol)
Brandon "Brando" Meyer (Survivor 45)
Ellen Goltzer (The Golden Bachelor)
Faith Martin (The Golden Bachelor)
Grace West (The Voice 23)
Ivanna Drink (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under)
Ivory Glaze (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under)
Josh Hannan (Australian Idol)
Julie Alley (Survivor 45)
Kathy Swarts (The Golden Bachelor)
Kendra McQuarrie (Survivor 45)
Laura Byrne & Danil Saveliev (DWTS Australia)
Maya Weiss (Australian Idol)
NOIVAS (The Voice 23)
Pia Miranda & Declan Taylor (DWTS Australia)
Rita Menu (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under)

Brandon "Brando" Meyer

e0tv101.jpg

I went into this fully expecting to have to cut someone that I had no clue who they were since I didn't know the majority  of these people but then I saw Brando and I was like yeah I am totally fine with cutting him because who curr about Brando really. I would say Brando was your token male nerd of the season but 45 had a bunch of them which was annoying. The male nerd type is among my least favorite archetypes on Survivor and I am not sure why they cast 3 of them on this season that's not really adding much in the way of diversity but anyways. Brando and Brandon both flopped pretty hard and were early boots so that saved us from that at least. In a true battle of the nerds Brando and Drew had to try and win over a girl Emily Flippen to their side to survive the tribe swap but Drew ended up being the one successful and Brando went home as a result of his failure. I don't have anything else to say about him as he didn't provide good tv and was just there till he got voted out so anyways bye Brando.

Saving Grace West because there is way too many The Voice haters and she was by far the best singer out of any of the singing shows from last year. 

JOSH HANNAN

JoshHannan_316359_02.jpg

Josh Hannan competed on Season 8 of Australian Idol. He made it all the way to the finale where he placed 3rd. He was a pretty decent singer but not one that I was very attached too. During his time on the show, he sang "Brother", "Landslide", "Perfect", "It'll Be Okay", "Glimpse of Us", "You Found Me", "Forget Me", "Fix You", "drivers license", "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Hold Back The River". Honestly, he had a lot of my fave songs that he covered and gave good covers. He just was not someone I was rooting for to win as I was big fans of Noora H, Amali Dimond and Phoebe Stewart. My favourite performance has to be his cover of "drivers license" which was FANTASTIC. I really loved it and understood why the judges gave him the Touchdown that episode. Anyway, not emotionally attached to him so an easy cut for me here.

Save: Ivory Glaze.

Posted (edited)

Faith Martin

The Golden Bachelor': Why Faith Wasn't a Perfect Match

Ah yes, another contestant from a franchise I don't watch.  This is going to be a long game at this rate!  Faith is a school teacher and she decided to try her shot at love and participate in the inaugural season of the Golden Bachelor. Looks like Faith was a frontrunner throughout the season as she received the First Impression Rose.  She then would make it all the way to the final 3 before getting cut in favor of the Top 2. Random factoids from the Bachelor Nation page on faith include: Faith wanting to be in a band, she doesn't like most technology  and has a horse named Liberty she enjoys riding.  I just cut a Liberty, it was Kismet.

Save: Anya

Edited by Solaris

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Lily’s Noms Posted)