Who should replace Katy Perry discuss possiblities here

AD25

Miley from the list though i would like to see former winner Jordin Sparks get it . she tweeted the other day she would like the job.

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to Who Should replace Katy Perry as a judge?

There should be an option for "None of the Above"

Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat are riding high on their careers.  I can't see them wanting to do Idol.  Nicki Minja and Jennifer Lopez - would be moving the show backwards, not forward.  Kelly is too busy with her talk show.  That's why she quit The Voice.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

There should be an option for "None of the Above"

Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat are riding high on their careers.  I can't see them wanting to do Idol.  Nicki Minja and Jennifer Lopez - would be moving the show backwards, not forward.  Kelly is too busy with her talk show.  That's why she quit The Voice.

I actually agree with you, for once.  I liked Nicki — mainly because of the Sugar Pie Honeybunch fiasco with Lazaro, where she really let the guys have it (especially Lazaro, who was the reason for the fiasco) 🤭, but I agree that she’s not a good fit for the show now.  I would prefer Jordin from Season 6.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 1

My vote is still for Lady Gaga lol. She’s become more minivan friendly since A Star Is Born. She would’ve been a terrible (and unrealistic choice) back in her peak career in 2009-2012 but I think she’s grown on people. I could see her being nice but still somewhat honest like J-Lo. 

But if they could get Taylor for even $35 million (not gonna happen, I know) I would definitely not pass that up and just make up the cost by replacing Luke and Lionel with cheaper celebs. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 1

Realistically, it's going to be a hard year to get any of the main pop girlies since so many of them are recording new music or starting new eras. Whoever is going to replace Katy is going to be an artist who is not touring, promoting an album, or occupied with side projects (for example, Gaga and Ariana both have movies coming out later this year). 

I could honestly see them getting Olivia Rodrigo for just a season. Her tour will end in August and I can see her being down to take some time off from September - May to film Idol and write new music. Only issue is that she is very young, but she will definitely have more credibility on the modern music industry than MANY other stars.

I think Miley Cyrus is a pretty safe bet though. The success of "Flowers" has helped her win over the hearts of soccer moms all over the country (after years of them hating her) and we know that is Idol's core demo lol. She also has expressed how she hates touring, so her schedule could be pretty open to do Idol.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:16 PM, AlissonfromBR said:

Doja Cat SUCKS

she is very talented but from what i have read about her i don't think she would want to be a judge on a show like Idol.

17 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

What about Alanis Morrisette? I thought she gave decent notes when they had her theme night. She already has reality show experience, even though the show itself was awful (Alter Ego).

That’s one person whom I was suggesting.

• Like 2

All of the listed are unrealistic…my first gut was to say Carrie Underwood, but…they already have the country genre filled, so it will have to be an American 2000s at least semi-popular pop female…definitely not someone currently smashing the charts….Miley and Kelly are already too tied to the Voice now…and Dua and Doja are too current…can’t see Nicki and Jennifer going back…but Jennifer is more likely of the 2…

PS: the person saying Jordin Sparks may be on to something…

Edited by kenboy1

1 hour ago, kenboy1 said:

All of the listed are unrealistic…my first gut was to say Carrie Underwood, but…they already have the country genre filled, so it will have to be an American 2000s at least semi-popular pop female…definitely not someone currently smashing the charts….Miley and Kelly are already too tied to the Voice now…and Dua and Doja are too current…can’t see Nicki and Jennifer going back…but Jennifer is more likely of the 2…

PS: the person saying Jordin Sparks may be on to something…

I’m hoping that either Alanis or Jordin Sparks are chosen.

• Like 1

I’m unfortunately thinking Jennifer will return. The producers love her and I doubt she’d turn it down for anything other than a salary disagreement. 

I want Lady Gaga lol but I’d be good with Miley, Miranda Lambert, Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Ariana Grande, or Shania Twain. I’d always welcome back Paula too. 

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to Who should replace Katy Perry discuss possiblities here