American Idol Season 22 Auditions 3 Discussion

istersay

53 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah Warren was a lot better than Colin was but he lost out to him anyways. 

Warren was better than Colin, but Colin IMO had more likeability which does probably factor in with voters & the audience. Will is likeable. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins because he's the typical artist the audience votes for. Also, he's someone I wouldn't be surprised gets signed especially since he can write his own music which is important in country.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Warren was better than Colin, but Colin IMO had more likeability which does probably factor in with voters & the audience. Will is likeable. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins because he's the typical artist the audience votes for. Also, he's someone I wouldn't be surprised gets signed especially since he can write his own music which is important in country.

I don't think Warren was unlikable though. And Blake seems likeable enough as well so will see I guess.

10 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't think Warren was unlikable though. And Blake seems likeable enough as well so will see I guess.

Agreed. Warren wasn't unlikeable. I think Colin was more of an aw shucks/green guy which was similar to Noah Thompson, but Colin doesn't have a backstory which hurt him. Blake seems likeable, but pop guys don't generally do well with the voters so we'll see.

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I am getting Warren Peay vibes from him. 

This guy is way better, and has a much better personality. You know me, I’m not usually one to stan male country singers on these shows. I’m not going to predict a win, but he has my favorite male country, reality show voice since James David Carter. That was a long time ago. Honestly, I think I like him better than JDC. 

That being said, they are clearly favoring Abi, Emmy and McKenna over pretty much everyone. The level of manipulation and pimping we’ve seen so far is staggering. Is it always like this?

Edited by TeamAudra

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That being said, they are clearly favoring Abi, Emmy and McKenna over pretty much everyone. The level of manipulation and pimping we’ve seen so far is staggering. Is it always like this?

Yes. The pimping was actually way worse last year then it is this year. They threw it all into one person last year where at least this season it's spread out onto a couple of people. 

Edited by QueenKalie

14 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yes. The pimping was actually way worse last year then it is this year. They threw it all into one person last year where at least this season it's spread out onto a couple of people. 

I think eventually, they’ll put all of their chips on Abi. They’ve already shown their hand. It’s just interesting, because on The Voice, they often wait to show their hand in a later round, while pushing a fake TCO early on. Heavy pimping early on often backfires on that show.  

Every year is different.  And it goes back to who is in the lane with Will this year.  Triston?  He is too young and too inexperience.  The other guys who are serious contenders are more Pop, R&B, indie singer song writer, urban.

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think eventually, they’ll put all of their chips on Abi. They’ve already shown their hand. It’s just interesting, because on The Voice, they often wait to show their hand in a later round, while pushing a fake TCO early on. Heavy pimping early on often backfires on that show.  

I have only seriously watched like 2 seasons prior to this one so I don't know how often the heavy pimping has backfired but I'm guessing it probably does on occasion especially if they are trying to pimp a woman. They are even more gender biased here then on The Voice so I'm curious to see how it will play out this season since the people they are most investing in our women.

Edited by QueenKalie

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I have only seriously watched like 2 seasons so I don't know how often the heavy pimping has backfired but I'm guessing it probably does on occasion especially if they are trying to pimp a woman. They are even more gender biased here then on The Voice so I'm curious to see how it will play out this season since the people they are most investing in our women.

The teams format on The Voice probably helps the females. If the audience likes the coach, they’ve been known to make exceptions. If it was a free for all, they probably wouldn’t have as many female winners. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The teams format on The Voice probably helps the females. If the audience likes the coach, they’ve been known to make exceptions. If it was a free for all, they probably wouldn’t have as many female winners. 

Yeah that's probably true. 

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I have only seriously watched like 2 seasons so I don't know how often the heavy pimping has backfired but I'm guessing it probably does on occasion especially if they are trying to pimp a woman. They are even more gender biased here then on The Voice so I'm curious to see how it will play out this season since the people they are most investing in our women.

Heavy pimping has almost always worked with getting contestants to Top 5 or Finale on ABC Idol but the only time it produced winners was with Iam and Just Sam. 

There have been very few, if any, actual shocking eliminations in the ABC era. Definitely many robberies though lol.

This wasn’t as good an episode as the previous two, but there were still some very good contestants.

Will definitely has the potential to make the finale, but the only knock that I see against him winning is that he was introduced in the third episode and in the ABC era, the winner came from either the first or second episodes, which favors Blake, Abi, Emmy and McKenna.

I’d say Carrie, Lee, Scotty, Just Sam, and Iam are the most pimped winners. Simon pushed Carrie and Lee heavily. Scotty was such an obvious winner, they had no choice but to pimp him. Much like Iam. Just Sam is still one of the most shocking winners to me because she beat Arthur, another hugely pimped contestant. Nevertheless, her sad backstory was heavily pushed by production. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

This wasn’t as good an episode as the previous two, but there were still some very good contestants.

Will definitely has the potential to make the finale, but the only knock that I see against him winning is that he was introduced in the third episode and in the ABC era, the winner came from either the first or second episodes, which favors Blake, Abi, Emmy and McKenna.

Will will probably have the best chance of getting a record deal and being the most successful from this season.

FACT is that the last time Idol had a successful winner that wasn't a Country singer was back in Season 11.  That was 12 years ago.  And since then, only Chayce has a platinum record.  

Idol's never been good about launching legit Pop careers.

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Will will probably have the best chance of getting a record deal and being the most successful from this season.

FACT is that the last time Idol had a successful winner that wasn't a Country singer was back in Season 11.  That was 12 years ago.  And since then, only Chayce has a platinum record.  

Idol's never been good about launching legit Pop careers.

I never said that he didn’t have a the best chance of getting a record deal or being the most successful from this season.  He probably will have that, unfortunately.  I'm just not certain that he'll win this season due to the fact that he might be a little behind the 8-ball in gaining fans compared to Abi, Blake, Emmy or McKenna -- although I think that he'll outlast Blake and at least one of the other three women.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

The way they conducted that audition was annoying and unprofessional. 

They didn't do it on purpose.

Show biz sometimes involves leaving abruptly for another gig.

I wasn't bothered by it. 

23 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

They didn't do it on purpose.

Show biz sometimes involves leaving abruptly for another gig.

I wasn't bothered by it. 

I think that was a bit. They were trying to be funny and clever, but didn’t pull it off. He literally only needed two more minutes to finish the song. Luke playing the piano seemed like a setup too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1