The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Agree mostly, but I don’t think age is relevant here? Yes, younger people are more susceptible to criticism, and hateful posts are never good. But they chose to try out when they did, so…

I understand Brayden and Bryce are more hated than NOIVAS. But the insinuation seemed to be that because of their age they should have it lighter.

I'm not insinuating anything about the level of criticism anyone "should" receive. I was only saying that people will have observations and opinions about the contestants that they should be allowed to express.

I mentioned their ages because it's somewhat surprising to me that the older adult has received less criticism than Brayden or Bryce, yet the reaction to criticism of NOIVAS is stronger.

Edited by RTV

20 hours ago, bluevelvet said:

OOF can we all move on from throwing unnecessary accusations please. Though I did see many unwarranted and unfair assumptions about NOIVAS, I don't think I saw any indication of people hating on him because of his skin colour? There might be underlying racist biases you never know - but that would be an assumption too, so let's just keep it to ourselves and play nice maybe? I am sure "bashing brown people for anything" wouldn't fly with mods if that sort of thing happens here.

One thing I really like about The Voice is that there isn't manufactured drama between contestants and they are generally super supportive of each other regardless of what happens on the show. It's a pity if the fans couldn't be the same way too.

the fact that people are complaining that he is wearing a cowboy hat but if he was white .. we wouldn’t be having a discussion about a hat being worn. this proves my point. 

16 minutes ago, RTV said:

I'm not insinuating anything about the level of criticism anyone "should" receive.

I mentioned their ages because it's somewhat surprising to me that the older adult has received less criticism than Brayden or Bryce, yet the reaction to criticism of NOIVAS is stronger.

Well, but why should it be surprising that an older adult gets less criticism than Brayden or Bryce? That’s what I was getting at. NOIVAS although not universally loved here, is much more along the lines of what IDF prefers, so it’s not particularly surprising to me that he’d have fans here who might react to criticism.

If you’re talking about inappropriate accusations, then yeah, but if we’re on the same page it’s just one user who is probably better left ignored. Carebear has been gone for weeks anyway.

There are at least a few users who have been inflammatory on the other end of the argument as mentioned in the post above me.

Ok last thing because I want to keep my sanity/ not become an inflammatory user myself lol: yes, people are allowed to express what they think, but we can also have reactions to that. Criticizing things like his social media activity making nice comments, whether wearing a cowboy hat is genuine, performing a song about putting a spell on someone in a theatrical way… is all pretty silly to me and seems like nit picking something to dislike. If those are your criticisms of him, you can express it, but I have to say I disagree.

That’s it, I’m done lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Ok I'm going to restart my voice watching journey. I guess I will start with the Battle Rounds since I watched the blinds already.

The country girls gave great individual performances that round, so you won’t be disappointed 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Instead of finding all of the old episode threads to post in I'm going to put all of my battle round comments here. They can be moved if needed though.

Actually nevermind I will just make my own thread for it. :dead:

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

So.. how did everyone like this season's KO round overall?

Pretty weak compared to some other seasons. There weren’t many performances that really blew me away this season. I feel like the best performers were the people I already liked going into this round (Holly, NOIVAS, Cait, Kala, Neil), so nobody really had a breakout moment here. I think that part of the reason why Knockouts were less enjoyable was actually the playoff pass. I think D. Smooth, Manasseh, Ryley and Mary Kate could have potentially done very well in the Knockouts, since they were some of the stronger performers in the battles, and they could have made the round more exciting. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Pretty weak compared to some other seasons. There weren’t many performances that really blew me away this season. I feel like the best performers were the people I already liked going into this round (Holly, NOIVAS, Cait, Kala, Neil), so nobody really had a breakout moment here. I think that part of the reason why Knockouts were less enjoyable was actually the playoff pass. I think D. Smooth, Manasseh, Ryley and Mary Kate could have potentially done very well in the Knockouts, since they were some of the stronger performers in the battles, and they could have made the round more exciting. 

Agreed, I'd go as far to say weakest KO round since I've been watching.. so since S9

But I didn't even think about the bolded.

God, even more reason to hate the abomination that is the playoff pass.

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Agreed, I'd go as far to say weakest KO round since I've been watching.. so since S9

But I didn't even think about the bolded.

God, even more reason to hate the abomination that is the playoff pass.

Yeah, I hope they get rid of the playoff pass

Not only did it ruin the Knockouts for me, but it’s harder to judge these contestants since they had one less performance compared to the others. I feel like these contestants are at a disadvantage at the moment. I didn’t want to judge the playoff pass right after the battles, but after the Knockouts happened, it became clear that I dislike it

• Like 2

You know how it’s frustrating about them not uploading losing Knockouts? Imagine if that happened back in Season 7. We wouldn’t have gotten Troy or Toia’s Knockouts on YouTube

#uploadlosingknockoutsagain

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

They upload no-chair turns so I have no idea why they don't do the same for losing KOs 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. And it used to be the other way around. I don’t care if someone got eliminated, I am one of those people who wants to see what went wrong.