The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

Was looking through some more contestants that I haven't given a serious listen to and stumbled upon AzΓ‘n Hysn.

Β 

Β 

A few things:

1. LOOOOVED what I heard in this video up here. Great style and love the vibe.

2. I know we had her as presumed in, but we haven't seen much else from her since - but I took a look at her socials

-she is from Texas

-she is 28 according to a birthday post

-she has a Jill Scott cover up on YouTube (see below)

-Her name is pronoucned "uh-zawn" (which would rhyme with "LaDawn")

Β 

Β 

Β 

Preeeeetty sure this is that taping 1 contestant that they identified in that Hollywood Junket article as "LaDawn" (seemed to turn at least John, but not Niall). It's an understandable mistake to confuse "AzΓ‘n" for "LaDawn," especially with how loud it gets in there.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 3

Finally got to check a bit of this cast out (not at a deep level). Some people that stood out to me.

Β 

BIAS: Interesting combination of a voice thatΒ΄s clearly a more alt/rock feature with a country inclination. This dude could do well with some My Morning Jacket songs. Good thing heΒ΄s with Gwen.

Β 

Huntley: That rasp is just delicious and his tone is haunting. HeΒ΄s probably my favorite so far, and could very well be someone I end up supporting deep this season.Β 

Β 

Ms Monet: Obviously a seasoned professional. SheΒ΄s gonna be the Wendy Moten of the season, so I expect nothing but masterclasses each week.

Β 

Ruby Leigh: Helluva country voice, lots of power. Perfect match for Reba, they tailor made her for the new coach. IΒ΄m excited to see this combination, since RebaΒ΄s gonna know exactly what to do.

Β 

Tom Nitti: The Kameron comparisons are unavoidable. Dude even kinda looks like him. HeΒ΄s good, for sure, has the potential to kill some snowflakes.

Β 

Willie Gomez: Dude has the potential to really spice this season up. A pop/reggaeton artist going far? WeΒ΄ll see, but IΒ΄m more than down. John, donΒ΄t mess this up.

• Like 3

I can't help but think we're getting 3 way knockouts again with how this season is going.Β 

There was some previous discussion where due to the # of knockout tapings the format is probably different, with the coaches having all contestants perform and then choosing 4-5/9 to move on, but I don't think that would make sense considering that's just the format of the pre-taped playoffs with more contestants.

Β 

Personally I don't think it would make sense to use this format with the 9 contestants per team in KOs, only to use it again with the hypothetical 4/5 that move on and cut it down again using the same format, considering we're getting pre-taped playoffs again.

Β 

My guess is 3way knockouts with 3 winners per team and 1 or 2 steals per coach, and then the 4-5 contestants that make it to playoffs are cut down to 3 per team (considering this is a fall season, I don't see the need to go to a top 8 for the lives like they did in season 23)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Willie Gomez: Dude has the potential to really spice this season up. A pop/reggaeton artist going far? WeΒ΄ll see, but IΒ΄m more than down. John, donΒ΄t mess this up.

Was gonna mention... it appears Willie has a pride event performance this Saturday in CT.

That seems to indicate that he lost. :/

Which is a bummer bc I was excited for him.

Β 

*insert shockingly nonexistent "ESO SE LLAMA LATINOPHOBIA" gif*

Β 

Β 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Was gonna mention... it appears Willie has a pride event performance this Saturday in CT.

That seems to indicate that he lost. :/

Which is a bummer bc I was excited for him.

Β 

*insert shockingly nonexistent "ESO SE LLAMA LATINOPHOBIA" gif*

Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to see what he brought to the season, but I also wouldn't have expected the audience to vote him through.

Β 

As long as John didnt give him a Camila Cabello song for battles, we're good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to see what he brought to the season, but I also wouldn't have expected the audience to vote him through.

Β 

As long as John didnt give him a Camila Cabello song for battles, we're good.

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

AGT had a new promo last night I think, all I saw was a girl with black hair.

Β 

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Was it the promo Jenna Marquis has on her reels? (If so, that's her lol)

Β 

24promo.gif.aa904407489573b38ef50e88e07529a4.gif

11 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Was it the promo Jenna Marquis has on her reels? (If so, that's her lol)

Β 

I can't see her Insta but she went ahead and announced on TikTok.

Β 

Β 

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1