Worst case scenario..

Hsamid

Worst case scenario  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Coaching panel of ceelo, Adam, Shakira and chance at their worst
    • Country sausage fest finale (and of the lowest quality.)
    • 3 of IDF's unanimous favourites eliminated before live shows
    • Playoff pass and cross battles in the same season
    • One season of only the most overdone songs in the shows history

Another dumb and hopefully fun poll lol. 

Assume there is no overlap between any of the options and all seasons are the same in length.

1. These coaches were voted as the worst on the show in previous polls. Imagine them when they were at their worst. You'll be getting that for a season.

2. Country sausage fest finale, and were not talking about singers of the quality of Sundance, Adam Wakefield or Craig wayne Boyd. Think of the worst male country singers to have made it far on the show. Imagine 5 of those in the finale, and they'll be eliminating your favourites slowly but surely.

3. Think of the 3 most unanimously loved contestants on idf..now imagine 3 contestants of that calibre eliminated before live shows.

4. The playoff pass will be given during the battles. Everyone remembers the cross battles that was s16, but then a few of the what would have been decent performers of the round are given playoff passes instead.

5. Only the most overdone in the shows history. Not just songs that have been done a couple times.. to give you an idea of what that would look like..

Edited by Hsamid

• Hsamid changed the title to Worst case scenario..

I just know that Shakira’s back might hurt really bad from carrying that tragic boring panel.

I honestly don’t mind Cross Battles, I don’t think the idea is that bad they just need enough people to pull it off. And hopefully more balanced playoffs teams so they can have some kind of team quotas cause those results were egregious.

• Like 1

1, 4 and 5 still have the potential to be carried by exceptional talent. 2 and 3 are both real rough, 2 will probably suck harder but as someone who needs a snowflake to get through a season, 3 is no picnic either. Then again, I don't usually pick snowflakes that IDF generally likes so it's probably a moot point. 😆

Yeah I was between 2 and 3 but I guess for 3 I was thinking of S7 where that kinda did happen lol? At least for me losing Maiya and Toia that early was tragic, but I still had some things to like about that season. So even if favorite contestants are eliminated early, I feel like it could still turn out decently while #2 would become almost unwatchable imo

I thought we had to vote for the least awful option nvm :dead:

Country sausage fest is the worst. I can somehow handle the other options, I mean it definitely wouldn't be the first we lose snowflakes before the lives, but there's no way I'm watching a season knowing the frontrunners are Tanner, Ben, Bryce and Brayden. 

• Haha 3

none of these irk me that much assuming that “unanimous” is an exaggeration and it’s actually someone who’s well liked (cam, gnt).

my pick is for the country men comprising the finale but agreed w above that if the semifinalists are good idc, im used to my favorites being eliminated in the semifinals anyway

6 hours ago, ikwonic said:

The chaos of an Adam, Ceelo, Shakira panel would definitely be better than something like a John, Nick, Gwen, Pharrell snoozefest. 

Maybe, but Shakira and Ceelo lead the "worst coach" poll made a few years ago by a decent margin which is why I picked them. We all know Adam's controversy and the dislike for chance is pretty fresh.

Foe the 3rd option I was thinking of doing 5 instead of 3, but thought g that would be overkill and would win by a decent margin. Would that have changed any of your votes?

Edited by Hsamid

10 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Foe the 3rd option I was thinking of doing 5 instead of 3, but thought g that would be overkill and would win by a decent margin. Would that have changed any of your votes?

i mean i can’t think of any seasons that have that many (nearly) “unanimous” IDF favorites generally? maybe s21: bella, wendy, gnt, gymani, jershika? but each had their detractors, particularly jershika and bella

Just now, Hsamid said:

Nope. On the contrary, i would watch the hell out of a season like that. The meltdowns here would be delightful to read :P

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i mean i can’t think of any seasons that have that many (nearly) “unanimous” IDF favorites generally? maybe s21: bella, wendy, gnt, gymani, jershika? but each had their detractors, particularly jershika and bella

By "unanimous" I was thinking more of a contestant that I've never seen have any detractors on here. So  a rose short, Maelyn calibre type of contestant getting eliminated early. 

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Nope. On the contrary, i would watch the hell out of a season like that. The meltdowns here would be delightful :P

True lol, unless ofc, we're having a meltdown alongside everyone else.

Edited by Hsamid

32 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I mean you said there’s no overlap with the options, so probably not?

If we could still have a decent finale with some genre/singer diversity then I’d rather that than the bad country singers.

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

By "unanimous" I was thinking more of a contestant that I've never seen have any detractors on here. So  a rose short, Maelyn calibre type of contestant getting eliminated early. 

oh i mean yeah that would be tragic, but also, this probably has happened without us knowing — after all, it’s possible that a knockout eliminee could’ve gone on to be beloved if they had moved onto the lives. imagine if Hailey Mia were given a lesser song choice in the knockouts and were eliminated (Hailey stans don’t come for me she’s amazing)

so i guess it’s not horrible bc someone else will probably end up shining in most seasons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

I mean you said there’s no overlap with the options, so probably not?

If we could still have a decent finale with some genre/singer diversity then I’d rather that than the bad country singers.

That's true.

One thing that gave me pause though is that most of the time the IDF favourites make it pretty far. At least with the 2nd option there's a decent probability they make it to the semifinals.

9 hours ago, QueenCami said:

You mean pov lady ? :giggle:

9 hours ago, Hsamid said:

So  a rose short, Maelyn calibre type of contestant getting eliminated early. 

Now you chose violence.

• Haha 3

On 7/20/2023 at 6:41 AM, AliXRose said:

I just know that Shakira’s back might hurt really bad from carrying that tragic boring panel.

I honestly don’t mind Cross Battles, I don’t think the idea is that bad they just need enough people to pull it off. And hopefully more balanced playoffs teams so they can have some kind of team quotas cause those results were egregious.

I don't think a panel with CeeLo, Adam, and Shakira would be tragically boring. I think it would be something worse: chaotic and infuriating.

• Think of all the bad decisions Adam would make. Think of all the times Adam would stand on his chair to win over a contestant, just to eliminate them in the next round. Think of the potential for another RobeGate.
  • Think of how uninvested Shakira would be. Think of all the opinion pieces her former contestants would write about how much she didn't care about the show.
  • Oh, God - think of all the female contestants CeeLo would hit on.
  • And just to compound the chaos, let's add Gwen to round things out. That way, she can make her decisions based on which contestant she'd want to play dress-up with the most.

In all seriousness, I think I'd watch this season. I love mess.

• Haha 1