DWTS Season 32 Discussion

*Lily

According to Bravo and Cocktails :

1- 2 crew members walked off

2- There was three celebrity switch up in the past two weeks

3- Same-sex pairing had to drop out due to production conflict (As Richard stated, the tour and the show dates)

4- A female contestant dropped out and JLS was replacement following a personal request from casting (Note : she’s friend with JJD). 

• Like 3

Alyson for the win! Love Mira too! Matt’s gonna suck, but I’ll root for him for a bit. I hate Xochitl’s Marvel character lol, but I’ve got nothing against her and can see myself rooting for her.

Everyone else…couldn’t give a single shit if I tried. Tyson’s bring the sex appeal at least I guess?

• Like 1

COUPLES:

JASON MRAZ & DANIELLA

MIRA SORVINO & GLEB

XOCHITL GOMEZ & VAL 

ADRIAN PETERSON & BRITT

LELE PONS & BRANDON

JAMIE LYNN SPEARS & ALAN

TYSON BECKFORD & JENNA

HARRY JOWSEY & RILEY

ARIANA MADRIX & PASHA

MAURICIO UMANSKY & EMMA

ALYSON HANNIGAN & SASHA

MATT WALSH & KOKO

CHARITY LAWSON & ARTEM

BARRY WILLIAMS & PETA

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2

https://tvline.com/lists/dancing-with-the-stars-season-32-cast-full-list-dwts/xochitl-gomez/

Tyson Beckford & Jenna Johnson

Xochitl Gomez & Val Chmerkovskiy

Alyson Hannigan & Sasha Farber

Harry Jowsey & Rylee Arnold

Charity Lawson & Artem Chigvintsev

Ariana Madix & Pasha Pashkov

Jason Mraz & Daniella Karagach

Adrian Peterson & Britt Stewart

Lele Pons & Brandon Armstrong

Mira Sorvino & Gleb Savchenko

Jamie Lynn Spears & Alan Bersten

Mauricio Umansky & Emma Slater

Matt Walsh & Koko Iwasaki

Barry Williams & Peta Murgatroyd

• Like 1

Excited for Pasha to be with Ariana - potential for him to finally get far.

Super intrigued by Brandon & Lele.

Artem being with another bachelorette seems fitting ; I wonder if this was one of the switch-up pairing?

Harry with Riley? I am judging hardcore. 

I know this is so IDF-esque to say, but I really don't see any of the men winning lol. Barry, Matt, and Mauricio are the token old guys. Jason is giving me Gavin DeGraw vibes. Harry is young and fit, but I feel like he'll be more of a Grocery Story Joe. And Adrian might be able to move okay, but I don't think he'll have much of a fanbase lol. Tyson is like the only guy who can maybe win and that's a maybe.

Meanwhile literally every single girl has potential to do well. Alyson & Mira might struggle, but I refuse to put those negative thoughts out there. Jamie Lynn too but lol whocurr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I hate Xochitl’s Marvel character lol

let me write my 10000 word essay on:

1) how America Chavez is my FAVORITE Marvel comic book character

2) how the MCU makes their prominent gay characters children so they don’t have to actually acknowledge the part of being gay where they want to date and make out with people of the same sex

3) how the MCU cast an actress who is MUCH MUCH MUCH more passing for white beauty standards than America is portrayed. 

4) and how all the above effectively made me drop the MCU as a whole

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

And Adrian might be able to move okay, but I don't think he'll have much of a fanbase lol.

Adrian is like the only athlete. And even after abusing his child went on to do enough NFL seasons that I think he could do well here. Again, he’s like a for sure HOFer, he played for a Midwestern team. He and the show will basically ignore his past and probably focus on his foundation. Unfortunately it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s the guy who manages to do the best.

I just watched the DWTS cast reveal on GMA. Not really one of my favorite casts on paper, but as always I love watching the reveal to get to see and know the cast as a whole. 

Something about this year's reveal, I also love how most of the cast was hidden and not known prior to the reveal. I feel like nearly half of the cast were complete surprises, which isn't normally the case. I'll catch up on everything in here in a bit.

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

Harry also seems to be Rylee’s first partner. Which is wild to me lol. I guess he’s a younger guy but I was expecting her to be paired with a teen or someone with a bit of a cleaner rep lol

Yeah I'm kinda surprised about this too. Of the cast of men, I guess Harry fits best for Rylee's first partner. But I was hoping she would get a cleaner image/young Disney guy ringer as her first partner. :( 

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Allyson is definitely a front runner imo.

Unsure how far some of them will go but some pleasant surprises. 

Sad that we didn’t get archuleta though. 

Ooh does she have dance experience? 😮 None the less I'm still looking forward to her.

3 hours ago, rdhaley96 said:

Yeah, I saw that the filming dates (Tuesdays) conflicted with his LoveLoud tour. I wonder if that’s why he didn’t go through with it.

Oooh wow, I wonder if that could be it. Cause I was shocked about David not being casted. :unsure: I know that Derek was able to re-arrange his Tuesday tour dates but I get and understand why David wasn't able to do so. 

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

According to Bravo and Cocktails :

1- 2 crew members walked off

2- There was three celebrity switch up in the past two weeks

3- Same-sex pairing had to drop out due to production conflict (As Richard stated, the tour and the show dates)

4- A female contestant dropped out and JLS was replacement following a personal request from casting (Note : she’s friend with JJD). 

Oooh thanks for posting all of this. I'm definitely curious on which celebs are behind all of these details.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Looking at Xochitl's wikipedia page and seeing that she was born in 2006 shook me a bit omg. I think her and Val are my fave pairing at the moment though!

OMGG we have someone born in 2006 in the cast? OMGG that's wild. :dead: I think she's the first celebrity to be younger than the show now. :haha: 

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

Can’t wait to use every Mauricio talking head as a “yes, this definitely confirms the rumors that he and Kyle are getting divorced AND that Kyle is having a lesbian relationship with that country singer”

OH wait Mauricio is Kyle Richards' (ex)-husband? :dead: I don't know him by name at all, but I know Kyle so that's my best association of him now. :haha: 

55 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Adrian is like the only athlete. And even after abusing his child went on to do enough NFL seasons that I think he could do well here. Again, he’s like a for sure HOFer, he played for a Midwestern team. He and the show will basically ignore his past and probably focus on his foundation. Unfortunately it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s the guy who manages to do the best.

Yeah I have a feeling he can certainly go far and further than IDF would want. Not sure if finale bound but I can see him making like the Top 6 or so.

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh does she have dance experience? 😮 None the less I'm still looking forward to her.

Not that I am aware of but she's the more known out of the cast and probably have a good amount of following.

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Not that I am aware of but she's the more known out of the cast and probably have a good amount of following.

Oooh yeah, very good point. She's definitely got a lot of (arguably the biggest?) name recognition of the cast, so her fanbase should hopefully come through for her.

I'll do some pre-show comments a bit (before trying to figure out pre-season rankings lol).

- Lmao wow I feel like it's been forever since Ariana has been cast for the show. :dead: But I'm curious/excited to see how she does as I have a good feeling about her. Yayy for Pasha finally getting someone with potential + can go far (since he was only able to go far with Kate)! Hoping this can be a good season for him.

- I love Charity and she's the Bachelorette casting I've been most excited for. So I'm still calling her my pre-season favorite, at the moment. I did not expect her to be paired with Artem though - but excited to see what they can do. A bit bummed she's not with Brandon though but oh well.

- The Jamie Lynn casting is a toughie for me. I've always really liked her early on her career or her association due to being Britney's sister. Lots of stuff in more recent years.... yeahhh we all know that so I won't get into that soured me off from her a bit, but as I said, still gonna keep on open mind of her as a contestant. I'm not sure if she'll be great / but I can see her being decent/middle of the road? Looking forward to what Alan can do with her.

Onto the newly announced names:

Tyson Beckford is a nice surprise. I always liked him but never pictured him on this show. Sadly, it seems a lot of the older good looking male models/actors casted on this show haven't really been great dancers. Lmao wow why am I thinking Jason Lewis? He could pull a Trevor instead lol. I'm hoping Tyson can be good as I can see/think he could have potential. Jenna should do a great job with him.

- I don't know Xochitl Gomez, but seeing that she's really young at 17, I'm thinking she's got lots of great dance potential in her. Plus her getting Val as a partner? I can definitely see them going far and being potential finalists - if her dancing is great, has an engaging/rootable personality, then I think she could be one to watch. Looking forward to her.

- Aww I've always really liked Alyson Hannigan, namely for Buffy and American Pie (and maybe some other things - I know she was on HIMYM but I never watched that properly), so this is such a fun throwback name to see! I have no idea about her dancing ability but hoping she'll be really good and can go far. She and Sasha should be fun and cute together.

- It's funny how about 24 hours ago I had no idea who Harry Jowsey was but then he was speculated in the thread so that was how I got to know him. :lmao: Hmm I have no idea who he will do. He can be a wildcard as he could be potentially really good or he could be really bad - or moreso in the middle and mediocre. I'm not really sure how committed or hardworking he'll be but I don't know him so I'll judge what I see on the show. Happy to see Rylee as a pro here and see what she can do with him.

- Oh wow Jason Mraz is definitely a really fun and unexpected name to see here but I'm here for it. :haha: I'm always kinda excited to see how these pop/rock type musicians do on the show and early on, I do root for them. Jason's dance ability is another tough one to predict - as he could be mediocre - or could be bad or good? It's hard to tell. But he's been promoting his dance inspired album and been doing a lot of dancing with those performances, so I think he could have more potential than expected.

- I don't know Adrian Peterson but hearing the bad stuff on him has been quite yikes. I'm not sure if I'll properly root for him but I'm gonna keep an open mind on him. I think he could be potentially pretty good and a contender on the male side. Curious to see what Britt can do with him.

- I know of Lele Pons mainly and only from her appearance on The Masked Singer.... however long ago that was lol. I don't know much about her but looking forward to getting to know her. Sadly no matter how good she is, I don't see her breaking Brandon's can't-get-past-9th-place curse here. :( I also feel like she may be one of those decent dancers that goes out too soon/earlier than they should. Unless she's got some big fanbase I don't know about.

- Mira Sorvino was one of the earlier names speculated early on and yayy it's great to see it come true now! I can see Mira being a lovely and elegant dancer. Looking forward to what she can do. Though lol her getting Gleb. This made me think of Alex (and how happy he'll be) and Elliott (with how disappointed he'll be), so this should be fun to watch. :lmao: Gleb can be a wildcard with how he does and how far he/his partners go, so I can't call how they will do.

- I had no idea who Mauricio Umansky was until Megan mentioned him being Kyle Richards ex-husband. I know Kyle but guess I know Mauricio by her association, but I don't him for his own person. Not really sure how he'll do but curious to see what Emma can do with him.

- I also don't know Matt Walsh but I see that he's from Veep, which is a show I wish I could have watched. I don't see him being good but I can see him being fun. Poor Koko with a potentially another bad partner. But hopefully they'll have fun. 

- LOL as a Brady Bunch fan as a kid, it's so hilarious and fun seeing Barry Williams on the cast. But lol why do I feel like every time Peta comes back, she has someone with no potential? Well hopefully Barry can be better than Jason. I can see Barry lasting a little longer than him at least but they should be fun. Though I think Barry probably would have been better suited and have more fun with someone like Emma but we'll see.