American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

12 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't think they care why someone is trending just that they are.

Sure, but the viewers will care if she doesn’t live up to expectations. I think a lot of people click “play” just to see if she sounds like Loretta. I know I would if I wasn’t already following the season. 

Edited by TeamAudra

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sure, but the viewers will care of she doesn’t live up to expectations. I think a lot of people click “play” just to see if she sounds like Loretta. I know I would if I wasn’t already following the season. 

Obviously you don't want to sound like shit that wouldn't be good but she doesn't so I think she's fine there. I think being a likable person is more important than how you sound though. And she aces that so I think she's going to go far. How far who knows but she's gonna do well I think.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Obviously you don't want to sound like shit that wouldn't be good but she doesn't so I think she's fine there. I think being a likable person is more important than how you sound though. And she aces that so I think she's going to go far. How far who knows but she's gonna do well I think.

Most of the contestants seem likable. 

Sorry, guys. I tend to be a bit of a contrarian. I don’t usually respond well to over the top pimping. I understand it’s not the fault of the contestant being pimped. It just is what it is. 

54 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Just a quick and early (and probably wrong) guess of who will be eliminated from each group:

Group 1: Jordan and Quintavious

Group 2: Elleigh and K-Blocks

Not too optimistic about that SITW cover, I assume? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If the producers could hand pick the top 10, I suspect the following would be in:

Abi

McKenna

Emmy

Blake 

Triston

Hailey

Will 

I’m not sure about the other 3. It seems like if your audition airs in week 4 or 5, it’s going to be tough sledding. 

KB, Odell, and one of Jayna/Julia would be my picks at the moment. 

But that doesn't account for growth arcs or frontrunners flopping! I can also see a world where people like Ajii, Jack, or Jennifer make it. It's going to be very competitive tbh. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, m1key said:

KB, Odell, and one of Jayna/Julia would be my picks at the moment. 

But that doesn't account for growth arcs or frontrunners flopping! I can also see a world where people like Ajii, Jack, or Jennifer make it. It's going to be very competitive tbh. 

Definitely the potential for floppage. I didn’t really think about that too much, but we don’t know whether any of them can sing live, and under pressure yet….well, with the exception of Hailey. :P

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Likewise, there are the shock boots - it's almost inevitable - with multiple people being cut.  

Then you also have the underdogs that emerge - who viewers like to rally around.

18 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Just a quick and early (and probably wrong) guess of who will be eliminated from each group:

Group 1: Jordan and Quintavious

Group 2: Elleigh and K-Blocks

I don’t know about Jordan but I can see K-Blocks being cut and I’m pretty sure that Elleigh and Quintavious will be cut.

18 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Not too optimistic about that SITW cover, I assume? 

I’m not optimistic about the SITW cover either.  That’s a Carrie Underwood song and even though Quintavious is a guy he’s probably still going to be compared to her and if you take on one of her songs you’re probably going to come out on the short end of the stick.

AI filmed Will’s show on Jan 15. The Facebook link has about 11 minutes of footage. They may have even organized it, since it was free. He came out on stage waving his golden ticket. I know they did something similar for Abi in her home town. Do they do this for most of the contestants, or just a few they assume will go far? I’m assuming everyone in that audience had to sign a NDA. 

https://douglasnow.com/index.php/news/item/12167-will-moseley-of-snipesville-makes-american-idol-taping-a-hometown-concert-january-15-at-community-center

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0e8WHX5GvTj4ZUSR28TmjHxSUa97TaLTbNMPxdoo9yCQtcWrdscuUvk6WThYhxJuVl&id=1569488132

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

AI filmed Will’s show on Jan 15. The Facebook link has about 11 minutes of footage. The show may have even organized it, since it was free. He came out on stage waving his golden ticket. I know they did something similar for Abi in her home town. Do they do this for most of the contestants, or just a few they assume will go far? I’m assuming everyone in that audience had to sign a NDA. 

https://douglasnow.com/index.php/news/item/12167-will-moseley-of-snipesville-makes-american-idol-taping-a-hometown-concert-january-15-at-community-center

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0e8WHX5GvTj4ZUSR28TmjHxSUa97TaLTbNMPxdoo9yCQtcWrdscuUvk6WThYhxJuVl&id=1569488132

I don't think its usual. I think it happened for HunterGirl, but she was a platinum ticket winner so I think she could have received "special treatment" anyway.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I don't think its usual. I think it happened for HunterGirl, but she was a platinum ticket winner so I think she could have received "special treatment" anyway.

Interesting, thanks. 

Obviously, the top 24 was known at that time. Some of them got footage from their hometown, with their families, etc. Meanwhile, Hailey got a 5 second celebration with her family following her audition. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Interesting, thanks. 

Obviously, the top 24 was known at that time. Some of them got footage from their hometown, with their families, etc. Meanwhile, Hailey got a 5 second celebration with her family following her audition. 

This is why I've been saying that Hailey may not go as far as IDF thinks she will. The producers are strategic with which contestants they chose to film in their hometowns and with their families.

8 minutes ago, m1key said:

This is why I've been saying that Hailey may not go as far as IDF thinks she will. The producers are strategic with which contestants they chose to film in their hometowns and with their families.

Like I was saying, no back story. The most remarkable thing that has happened in her life is probably making the finale on The Voice, and they obviously can’t talk about that. So, she’ll need to make it solely based on her talent and performance quality. She has no built-in advantage whatsoever. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Like I was saying, no back story. The most remarkable thing that has happened in her life is probably making the finale on The Voice, and they obviously can’t talk about that. So, she’ll need to make it solely based on her talent and performance quality. She has no built-in advantage whatsoever. 

We ani from last season had mimimal backstory and made it all the way to top 5 based on talent alone so its not impossible for Hailey, especially if frontrunners start to underperform (which is basically gonna happen)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

We ani from last season had mimimal backstory and made it all the way to top 5 based on talent alone so its not impossible for Hailey, especially if frontrunners start to underperform (which is basically gonna happen)

Wé was interesting because she had a squeaky speaking voice and a deep singing voice, though. Hailey is just a pretty girl who can sing well. I don’t think she’ll get nearly as far as Wé did, sadly. 

2 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

HunterGirl's hometown is Winchester, Tennessee. After high school, Hunter Wolkonowski moved to Nashville at age 18 and earned a college degree from nearby Middle Tennessee State University's music business school. She auditioned for s20 in Nashville when she was 23. Luke Bryan contacted Hunter later and invited her to perform at his Nashville bar that night. The judges then surprised HunterGirl by arriving at Luke's 32 Bridge on Broadway and presenting her the platinum ticket for Nashville auditions on stage. The fact that HunterGirl was already living in Nashville made all of this convenient for American Idol to arrange. Here's the footage.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RTV said:

HunterGirl's hometown is Winchester, Tennessee. After high school, Hunter Wolkonowski moved to Nashville at age 18 and earned a college degree from nearby Middle Tennessee State University's music business school. She auditioned for s20 in Nashville when she was 23. Luke Bryan contacted Hunter later and invited her to perform at his Nashville bar that night. The judges then surprised HunterGirl by arriving at Luke's 32 Bridge on Broadway and presenting her the platinum ticket for Nashville auditions on stage. Here's the footage.

That was some serious pimpage, and they were pushing the female angle too. Of course, a male still won out in the end. 

This isn’t similar to the show they filmed for Will. I don’t even think they used any footage from that in his intro package. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

That was some serious pimpage, and they were pushing the female angle too. Of course, a male still win out in the end. 

This isn’t similar to the show they filmed for Will. I don’t even think they used any footage from that in his intro package. 

Yes. It's a different case than Will's show, and he wasn't given a platinum ticket.

HunterGirl used songwriting and music therapy in her work with Freedom Sings USA, Operation Song, and other veteran organizations. I don't recall anything else about her backstory.

59 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Wé was interesting because she had a squeaky speaking voice and a deep singing voice, though. Hailey is just a pretty girl who can sing well. I don’t think she’ll get nearly as far as Wé did, sadly. 

Yeah Wé had the shock value factor, which I'd also say Hailey had on The Voice (having a very grown and mature voice for her age). I think that definitely played a role in helping both of them get far on their seasons. 

Also, I do get the fact that Hailey doesn't really have a sob story, but I do think the producers would've manufactured something for her if they were truly invested imo. Even if it's something little like her being bullied or having a dead relative. 

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Yeah Wé had the shock value factor, which I'd also say Hailey had on The Voice (having a very grown and mature voice for her age). I think that definitely played a role in helping both of them get far on their seasons. 

Also, I do get the fact that Hailey doesn't really have a sob story, but I do think the producers would've manufactured something for her if they were truly invested imo. Even if it's something little like her being bullied or having a dead relative. 

I get what you’re saying. However, there are a couple things working in her favor. She was shown very prominently on the very first promo, and she opened the 2nd episode. I know that’s not exactly a pimp spot, but they could have easily buried her in week 4 or 5, or even in the middle of episode 2. Opening helps make her a little more memorable. I figure they probably have her as a secondary priority, in case others falter, and she is playing the underdog role once again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I get what you’re saying. However, there are a couple things working in her favor. She was shown very prominently on the very first promo, and she opened the 2nd episode. I know that’s not exactly a pimp spot, but they could have easily buried her in week 4 or 5, or even in the middle of episode 2. Opening helps make her a little more memorable. I figure they probably have her as a secondary priority, in case others falter, and she is playing the underdog role once again. 

She could still get featured more and get some packages in Hollywood or Hawaii. That happened to some people.

• Like 2