American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

I WANT ABI IN THE TOP 3.

She deserves a homecoming (they all do) but if she can't manage to make Top 2 or win I'd be ok with 3rd. lol

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

The people willing to post about American Idol under their real name (Facebook) are likely wired a lot differently than the vast majority of the voting audience. I’d be interested in knowing the demographic makeup of one group vs. the other. I’ve never once posted or commented about any singing show on Facebook, or even liked a post. People who follow me don’t need to know about the TV shows I watch, let alone which contestants I like or don’t like. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The people willing to post about American Idol under their real name (Facebook) are likely wired a lot differently than the vast majority of the voting audience. I’d be interested in knowing the demographic makeup of one group vs. the other. I’ve never once posted or commented about any singing show on Facebook, or even liked a post. People who follow me don’t need to know about the TV shows I watch, let alone which contestants I like or don’t like. 

I feel you, I act the same way, don’t really like to use my personal profile to comment or engage on those. That’s why it’s so hard to analyze things from

such a small sample. It’s easier when there’s someone doing 4/5x the numbers of everyone else like Laine or Alejandro because that has to mean something LOL

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah i agree lol. I'd be embarrassed if someone saw me commenting on how i don't like a contestant

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I have liked and shared performances of Abi on Facebook, but I don’t think I’ve commented on a performance of hers.  And I definitely haven’t liked or shared any performances from others, let alone commented on them.  I don’t like using my personal profile to comment on singers either, even those I like.

Posted (edited)

The contestant I’m the most confused about is Jack tho.

His numbers up until Top 8 were really weak but there seems to be an overwhelming ammount of support thrown his way out of the blue, especially from team minivan. In a way, it’s not shocking because his genre/style reminds me a lot of Laine (Jack is much more talented tho), who was probably the most popular ABC Idol contestant with that demographic and I was always confused as to why Jack was doing so poorly when he has tons of crossover appeal with the southern rock/countrysh thing he has going on. 

But the fact that he only started popping off in stats during the last 2 rounds makes me confused in how to read it. If he was this consistent all season long, I’d be ready to call him the winner. 

Edited by wildestinvegas

For starters, there are a lot of people reluctant to post anything on the internet under their real name for reasons which should be obvious. I’m just not sure whether it’s an equal percentage across all demographics. 

5 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

The contestant I’m the most confused about is Jack tho.

His numbers up until Top 8 were really weak but there seems to be an overwhelming ammount of support thrown his way out of the blue, especially from team minivan. In a way, it’s not shocking because his genre/style reminds me a lot of Laine (Jack is much more talented tho), who was probably the most popular ABC Idol contestant with that demographic and I was always confused as to why Jack was doing so poorly when he has tons of crossover appeal with the southern rock/countrysh thing he has going on. 

But the fact that he only started popping off in stats during the last 2 rounds makes me confused in how to read it. If he was this consistent all season long, I’d be ready to call him the winner. 

How do you read this whole Jack situation btw @TeamAudra? Interesting to hea your take/prediction about him. He has me confused as hell LOL

5 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

The contestant I’m more confused about is Jack tho.

At least with Laine, I could understand the appeal. With Jack, I honestly don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, wildestinvegas said:

How do you read this whole Jack situation btw @TeamAudra? Interesting to hea your take/prediction about him. He has me confused as hell LOL

I can’t get into his performances, so I’m probably the wrong one to ask. I don’t understand what’s going on either. 

as a gen z member, i occassionally repost content related to my faves on TikTok (too further boost it in the algorithim). but a lot of my friends tease me (lovingly) for watching Idol in 2024 so i try to resist the urge most times 💀

i agree that it is shocking what people posted in that Facebook Page under their real names. the hate for Emmy there is worse than any other platform! if i was related to some of these women i'd be embarassed seeing their hateful posts on my feed 😭

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

The fair one: Abi, Jack and Will making finale

The “well…” one: Abi, Will and Triston making finale

The outrageous one: All-Male finale. Will, Triston and Jack.

Honestly, an all-male finale would be really awful.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, m1key said:

as a gen z member, i occassionally repost content related to my faves on TikTok (too further boost it in the algorithim). but a lot of my friends tease me (lovingly) for watching Idol in 2024 so i try to resist the urge most times 💀

i agree that it is shocking what people posted in that Facebook Page under their real names. the hate for Emmy there is worse than any other platform! if i was related to some of these women i'd be embarassed seeing their hateful posts on my feed 😭

I'm lucky I got support from all my friends when I told them I'd be auditioning...But Emmy is literally the sweetest person there. It's truly pathetic that she's gotten the most war against her in recent years.

Like if you don't enjoy simple voices much, fine. But to pretend hers doesn't have a widely appealing quality of sorts makes no sense to me.

And enough with the Nepo Baby conspiracy...We only put Gianna Isabella in 10th Place, so it's not like that has a whole lot of merit. (Of course Brenda K. being less of a Karen would've probably given her a better shot.)

EDIT: Continuing the trend of passive aggressiveness, I see. Alright then, let's use Ava Maybee reaching no further than the Top 14 as another example.

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, CandiceFan12 said:

Honestly, an all-male finale would be really awful.

It's surprising to me that Season 8 was the only all male Final 3 to date, given the kind of people who are typically rewarded on this show. There's been more Female F3s, weirdly! (S12's rigging aside.)

47 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

Yeah i agree lol. I'd be embarrassed if someone saw me commenting on how i don't like a contestant

Call me a nerd. But IDGAF who knows what music or singer or band I like.

They getting shares, comments, reactions. Every little bit helps.

That and I'm a HUGE music fan/appreciator. lol

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

Call me a nerd. But IDGAF who knows what music or singer or band I like.

They getting shares, comments, reactions. Every little bit helps.

That and I'm a HUGE music fan/appreciator. lol

Oh i agree with this 100%! I was saying i'd be embarrassed to make a negative comment on how I dislike a contestant/singer/band

• Like 1

One thing that really bugs me when trying to make predictions is that Jack only has 9K Facebook followers. They tag every single performance video. 

Emmy 50K

Will 49K 

Triston 34K

Abi 21K

Jack 9K 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

One thing that really bugs me when trying to make predictions is that Jack only has 9K Facebook followers. They tag every single performance video. 

Emmy 50K

Will 49K 

Triston 34K

Abi 21K

Jack 9K 

That is quite the difference. I don't know if it means anything but it's interesting at least.

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

That is quite the difference. I don't know if it means anything but it's interesting at least.

It makes me wonder if he just has the loudest fanbase, like Kayko did. :haha:

yeah it is important to take into account that Emmy fans may feel embarrassed to publicly enjoy her or comment on her due to amount of hate she receives. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1