American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I know that the song had the word sex in the title, and I think that sex was the first word in the song, but I’ve forgotten what the title was.

it was Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

2 hours ago, Someone42 said:

What was the song?

• Like 1

Elleigh's audition is already at half of million views on YouTube, 217k likes on TikTok, and her Facebook stats are decent - could we be underestimating her? 

Edited by m1key

32 minutes ago, m1key said:

Elleigh's audition is already at half of million views on YouTube, 217k likes on TikTok, and her Facebook stats are decent - could we be underestimating her? 

Itll depend on her edit the rest of the season ... plus that AWFUL song choice at top 24 calls for a boot alone

7 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Itll depend on her edit the rest of the season ... plus that AWFUL song choice at top 24 calls for a boot alone

Yeah.  I think she’ll get into the Top 20 but she probably won’t get into the Top 12.

i think if elleigh had a drop of r&b blood in her body she could make the most of it but we haven't really seen that side of her yet. we'll see if it's really that disastrous or if she ends up completely reinventing it somehow 

1 hour ago, peachfuz said:

i think if elleigh had a drop of r&b blood in her body she could make the most of it but we haven't really seen that side of her yet. we'll see if it's really that disastrous or if she ends up completely reinventing it somehow 

From the clip I saw uploaded to Instagram, she sang a pretty straightforward version of it and it sounded really bad. Maybe she’ll do well enough throughout Hollywood Week where voters can overlook one misstep. 

one thing about Idol is that they will keep us fed with some good drama or a scandal!!! so far we have Katy announcing her departure, the Abi/Blake/KB quitting allegations, and now the Raghu drama... and we aren't even done with auditions yet :dead:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, m1key said:

one thing about Idol is that they will keep us fed with some good drama or a scandal!!! so far we have Katy announcing her departure, the Abi/Blake/KB quitting allegations, and now the Raghu drama... and we aren't even done with auditions yet :dead:

Yep. Idol has provided us with some juicy content over the years lol. 

- Corey Clark and Paula Abdul sex scandal

- Frenchie getting DQ’d over her topless photos

- Mario Vasquez quitting at the Top 12

- The Brittenum Twins

- Antonella’s nude photos getting leaked 

- Sanjaya’s entire existence 

- Adam Lambert’s photos of him kissing a guy, remember this was 2009

- Joanna Pacitti getting DQ’d because she was friends with one of the producers 

- Nicki and Mariah fighting

- Tamyra, Chris, and Pia’s eliminations 

- The judges taking Rachel Hallack’s Top 24 spot away and giving it to Maddie Walker

- Arthur Gunn refusing to come out of his trailer to sing with Cheryl Crow

- Benson and Kenedi quitting 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Yep. Idol has provided us with some juicy content over the years lol. 

- Corey Clark and Paula Abdul sex scandal

- Frenchie getting DQ’d over her topless photos

- Mario Vasquez quitting at the Top 12

- The Brittenum Twins

- Antonella’s nude photos getting leaked 

- Sanjaya’s entire existence 

- Adam Lambert’s photos of him kissing a guy, remember this was 2009

- Joanna Pacitti getting DQ’d because she was friends with one of the producers 

- Nicki and Mariah fighting

- Tamyra, Chris, and Pia’s eliminations 

- The judges taking Rachel Hallack’s Top 24 spot away and giving it to Maddie Walker

- Arthur Gunn refusing to come out of his trailer to sing with Cheryl Crow

- Benson and Kenedi quitting 

the fact that theres even more than I can list off the top my head is sending lmao

I still think it’s likely that the average casual viewer hasn’t given the Alyssa audition fiasco a 2nd thought since Sunday night. I know I wouldn’t have if I didn’t read this forum. I personally didn’t think it was that big of a deal. I just thought it was staged, but apparently, it wasn’t. 

• Like 1

Some tea lol:

Just scrolled upon a video on TikTok that says “When America falls in love with the most wretched girl you know/went to school with on American Idol…”

And it’s supposedly about Elleigh. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Some tea lol:

Just scrolled upon a video on TikTok that says “When America falls in love with the most wretched girl you know/went to school with on American Idol…”

The very reliable Tiktok tea. But it's funny at least. :dead:

25 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

do we know the format of the season? how many live rounds?

It's not confirmed but can most likely be predicted! What we do have confirmed is that Top 24 airs on 4/7 and 4/8 and they are going to Top 20 after that. The Finale is on 5/19, which gives us 7 weeks of voting rounds. 

4/7 - Top 24 Group 1

4/8 - Top 24 Group 2

4/14 - Top 20 Reveal/Perform

4/15 - Top 14 Reveal

4/21 - Top 14 Perform/Top 12 Reveal

4/22 - Top 12 Perform/Top 10 Reveal (last Monday episode?)

4/28 - Top 10 Perform/Top 7 Reveal

5/5 - Top 7 Perform/Top 5 Reveal

5/12 - Top 5 Perform/Top 3 Reveal

5/19 - Finale

Idk when Monday episodes will end which could lead to potentially more episodes, but this schedule is basically the exact same as Season 20's, so I'm going to assume that they will end the 22nd. 

Edited by m1key

3 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Some tea lol:

damn