American Idol S21 Judge's Song Contest Discussion

istersay

Just now, *Wallace said:

Marybeth doesn't know "Here You Come Again" by Dolly? :wacko:

Ugh not Marybeth singing the one Morgan Wallen song I like. 🙈 :dead: 

Marybeth not knowing "Here You Come Again" is surprising!

Anyway, Marybeth did better than last night but I don't think it was good enough.

Possibly unpopular (?) opinion, but I thought Marybeth sounded beautiful singing that. Don’t care for the song choice really, and agree that Here You Come Again would’ve been a much better choice, but I think she did well with the performance. Well enough to convince me to vote for her…

• Like 2

I thought that was pretty good from Marybeth. I love the emotion she poured into the song and the raw vocals she gave in that too. It was raw and emotional.... maybe not a perfect vocal but one of the performances I was most invested in from her. :yes: 

1 minute ago, iheartmunro said:

Possibly unpopular (?) opinion, but I thought Marybeth sounded beautiful singing that. Don’t care for the song choice really, and agree that Here You Come Again would’ve been a much better choice, but I think she did well with the performance. Well enough to convince me to vote for her…

I'm not gonna vote for her but I agree with you on all of this. :yes: 

• Like 1

Just now, hazuki said:

How far did Marybeth/Megan go on the voice? did they outplace there previous run yet? 

Top 8 for both I think, but Marybeth is definitely going home tonight. Her trajectory on this show reminds me of her trajectory on The Voice. She's okay, but at a certain point in the competition, it becomes clear she is being outclassed vocally by other competitors, which is why I was surprised when people were predicting top 5 for her at the beginning of the competition. I could eat crow, but she is the most obvious elimination tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Imagine if one of the nights American idol has a “songs from The Voice” theme night 

they would be mostly all Morgan Wallen songs with a few Melanie Martinez songs and mayyybe that Jordan Smith Deadpool song haha 

Oooh all of those are 3 great piano ballads for Tyson. As much as I would love to hear him on "When I Was Your Man," he sang too much Bruno Mars already sooo maybe it's best to go for the other two. :haha: 

The "Someone You Loved" is a great choice for him - though probably my least favorite of the 3 songs but I still love it. :haha: 

• Like 1

Tyson is a much better singer than Lewis. he makes the song sound good

3 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Top 8 for both I think, but Marybeth is definitely going home tonight. Her trajectory on this show reminds me of her trajectory on The Voice. She's okay, but at a certain point in the competition, it becomes clear she is being outclassed vocally by other competitors, which is why I was surprised when people were predicting top 5 for her at the beginning of the competition. I could eat crow, but she is the most obvious elimination tonight.

She just seemed so good at her audition. I didn't see Megan Danielle snatching her wig coming.