American Idol S21 Showstopper/Final Judgment Part #1 Discussion

istersay

Just now, Hsamid said:

Solid performance from Paige, but I've heard this song sung so many times at this point and better.

Yeah, I don't watch the voice but this is probably the best version after Adele's tbh and she is young as well. 

• Like 3

Paige did  better than with her previous song . not expecting Megan to be as good from what i have heard her sing before.

• Confused 1

I haven’t been watching Idol much but a few that piqued my interest based on other people’s comments and/or what I know of their style…

Nutsa - she’s a performer for sure. Some vocal inconsistencies but she can definitely sing and made the song her own.

Lucy - saw her MYFML performance when she was great but I thought it was a little overdone? This was better balanced imo really enjoyed it throughout. I didn’t notice any mistake with the lyrics either.

Also I thought Olivia’s audition was incredible but haven’t seen her since? I assume nothing for the previous 2 rounds, but did they show part of her showstopper?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I haven’t been watching Idol much but a few that piqued my interest based on other people’s comments and/or what I know of their style…

Nutsa - she’s a performer for sure. Some vocal inconsistencies but she can definitely sing and made the song her own.

Lucy - saw her MYFML performance when she was great but I thought it was a little overdone? This was better balanced imo really enjoyed it throughout. I didn’t notice any mistake with the lyrics either.

Also I thought Olivia’s audition was incredible but haven’t seen her since? I assume nothing for the previous 2 rounds, but did they show part of her showstopper?

Showstoppers will continue tomorrow. They only showed half of the people who made it to the next round so far.

• Like 3

Kaeyra was by far my favorite tonight. She is THE dark horse this season. Even Facebook Idol fans seem to love her. 

Michael’s edit reminds me so much of Brandon Diaz from S16. A guy who was hyped up in his audition and then went nowhere from there. 

With PJAE and Malik, I think Malik clearly won that sing-off. PJAE overdid it. 

I’m a little surprised they just let Fire go like that. I was kind of expecting them to offer her some aftercare in the form of money, a job, therapy, etc. The girl kind of acts like a big baby and she should consider herself lucky she made it that far, because her voice is weak sauce. I wish her and her daughter luck but she’s got a long way to go if she wants to be a professional singer.