• Corey Ward
    • Ryley Tate Wilson

Discuss.

Jeffery:

Paxton Ingram:

Hunter/Jack:

Britton Buchanan:

Reagan Strange: Dancing On My Own

Brittany Allen: [Couldn't find her video. So posting the one from TV Upload Channel, so that at least the Non-Us can watch. We all know most of the videos from that channel aren't available in US.]

Corey Ward:

Ryley:

Edited by Hamza Tufail

I still think it's Jeffery. Ryley was great though and that battle was where I started to love Hunter (didn't like his BA).

EDIT: Oh, was that Reagan's KO? I think I liked it too, but have to relisten.

Edited by nytsch

1 minute ago, season1 said:

I just did a search on my browser and it's one of the results. 🙂 OT, I need to update Reagan's videos on her fan thread OP; I'll probably search for other performances on metatube.

Metatube isn't available in my country, so maybe that's why it didn't show up. Reagan's performance was the first one from this list that I searched, maybe at that time I didn't have my vpn on; hence, it didn't show up.

• Like 1

On a technical level, I think Jeffery did it the best. His was live, so that's really impressive. But I'm not a fan of his version, it sounded so plain to me. P.S I think, that performance lacked emotion.

Personal Rankings:

1. Reagan - Queen is still at the top for me. No surprise there!

2. Ryley - Loved his spin. The kid's phenomenal.

3. Hunter/Jack - Chills.

All the others were good as well. These were the 3 I love the most.

Jeffery is still Number 1 for me. I guess I liked that he did the Kings of Leon version (but it’s also Jeffery so…). Ryley is up there though.

I don’t think any of these were “bad” performances though.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

1. Jeffery

2. Britton (0 votes? Really?)

(gap)

3. Hunter/Jack

4. Corey

5. Ryley

6. Paxton

7/8. Reagan and Brittany

The way your #1 is my last (even if I accept he's the best), and my #1 is your last. :haha:

Well he's not exactly dead last, just towards the end.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

1. Jeffery

2. Britton (0 votes? Really?)

(gap)

3. Hunter/Jack

4. Corey

5. Ryley

6. Paxton

7/8. Reagan and Brittany

I think I had Britton 3rd on the other thread. Y'all stay underrating him, not all his live performances were perfect but when he's good, he's really really good.

Tbh, listening to Ryley's rendition in comparison to others makes me like his version even more. He has a vulnerability to his that the others don't have and I also think the changes he made to the song were the most tasteful out of everyone's rendition.

• Like 2

Complete ranking (Generally liked these)

1. Jeffery Austin- He did the Kings of Leon version, which I prefer to Calum Scott’s version. He also gave one of the best vocals and did it live. One of my favorite performances from him

2. Ryley Tate Wilson- Very different version of the song. He’s only 15 but I never got that vibe when I listened to this. Better than many adults’ covers of this song. He earned those four chairs

3. Britton Buchanan- Also quite different from the others. It wasn’t perfect but it had great moments and I really enjoyed his voice on the song. Not to mention this was in an Instant Save, so there was a lot of pressure.

4. Corey Ward- Sure, this was similar to Calum Scott, but I really enjoyed his voice on the song and he delivered the emotion very well.

5. Jack Cassidy vs Hunter Plake- This was a good battle. Both have different styles but the song worked well for them and they did a good job harmonizing and letting the other shine.

6. Reagan Strange- I didn’t like a lot of her later performances but this was good. Probably her best performance in the competition.

7. Brittney Allen- She did a good job with this but I don’t remember this performance well. Still good for a one chair audition.

8. Paxton Ingram- Decent performance, but it never really stood out to me. It didn’t have as much emotion and he repeated the same lines too much.

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1