The Voice Season 23: Idolforums' ratings

Gustavo527

6 hours ago, QueenCami said:

content warning: mild amounts of math ahead, proceed at your own risk

Hide contents

it's not that it's not valid, just that if everyone does that, then it would just be game theory: if you predict that contestant X is going to score A when you want them to score B, then if A > B, you rate them a 0, and if A < B, you rate them a 10 (in most cases, unless A and B are very close together or very few people participate, in which case you might provide a more middle-of-the-road score).

under these premises, the game loses its integrity; it devalues the scoring of the people who choose to go by that method AND it means that people who score truthfully to how they feel end up getting "played" in a sense. 

but overall this is not that serious LOL so i don't care (no hard feelings to @Gustavo527 or @Hamza Tufail !!!!!!) i just thought it was an interesting topic to bring up. plus what @Hamza Tufail did was on such a small scale; i'm mainly bringing up the theoretical examples to play devil's advocate to the argument "Use [whatever] criteria y'all want for your own ratings" 

also i just remembered last season i gave everyone 0s except for Alyssa and Eric and that was rejected LMAO so... clearly there's some criteria that aren't allowed 👀  

Ok, good points. 

At the end of the day, i can't control what y'all do and don't do with your ratings. My work here is just compile them and calculate the averages, so that way we can have a register of how were received the performances from this season, one by one. Of course, it would be nice if you try to post your genuine opinions, so, that way, these can be as "accurate" and representative as possible, so, please, try to do that.   

I do think there are worse things than others when it comes down to try to make your faves look better, tho. So, please, make sure to read the rules before participating. Thanks

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Ottoxxx said:

Sheer Element - Leave The Door Open - 9 (better than sorelle)

Carlos Rising - Change the World - 8 (decent audition but it feels a bit empty for me)

Magnus - Sara Smile - 8.5 (i think he deserves 2-chair at least)

Kala Banham - Both Sides Now - 9.8 ( :wub: )

I changed Kala's rating from 9.3 to 9.8.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

At the end of the day, i can't control what y'all do and don't do with your ratings. My work here is just compile them and calculate the averages, so that way we can have a register of how were received the performances from this season, one by one. Of course, it would be nice if you try to post your genuine opinions, so, that way, these can be as "accurate" and representative as possible, so, please, try to do that.   

I do think there are worse things than others when it comes down to try to make your faves look better, tho. So, please, make sure to read the rules before participating. Thanks

i feel kind of guilty now bc idk if my rating for sheer element is artificially low 😭 like it was uninspiring but idk.. whatever i’m just gonna not think abt it whoops sorry for being so particular about other peoples ratings 😭😭😭

Just now, QueenCami said:

i feel kind of guilty now bc idk if my rating for sheer element is artificially low 😭 like it was uninspiring but idk.. whatever i’m just gonna not think abt it whoops sorry for being so particular about other peoples ratings 😭😭😭

actually @Gustavo527 can u just ignore my rankings for all of week 1

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I agree. Giving someone an extra 0.5 is less worse than giving someone a 0.01 lol. Also, I don't know if y'all noticed, but I did the same thing with Omar last season. I like him and Morgan equally, but there were times when I gave him some extra 0.5 or 0.25. 

On 3/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Blind Auditions: Episode 1  

Neil Salsich - Honk Tonk Blues - 8.5

Sorelle - Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - 10

Holly Brand - Mississipi Girl - 9

Tasha Jessen - River - 8.5

Ross Clayton - Blue Ain't Your Color - 7.25

Michael B. - Save Your Tears - 8.5

D. Smooth - Perfect - 7.25

Alex Whalen - Help Me Make It Through the Night - 8.5

NOIVAS - A Change Is Gonna Come - 10

I know Noivas and sorelle aren't 10/10, but I still gave them 10s to balance things out. Because I know they're gonna receive some 6s or 7s.

Sorry @Gustavo527 that we keep messing up this thread. But I just changes Michael's ratings. 

damn it, I shouldn't have posted my rankings this early.

• Haha 1

Neil Salsich - Honk Tonk Blues - 8.00

Sorelle - Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - 8.50

Holly Brand - Mississipi Girl - 9.25

Tasha Jessen - River - 9.50

Ross Clayton - Blue Ain't Your Color - 7.75

Michael B. - Save Your Tears - 7.25

D. Smooth - Perfect - 7.50

Alex Whalen - Help Me Make It Through the Night - 7.50

NOIVAS - A Change Is Gonna Come - 9.75

Sheer Element - Leave the Door Open - 8.25

Carlos Rising - Change the World - 7.25

Magnus - Sara Smile - 8.25

Kala Banham - Both Sides Now - 9.75

Episode 1:

Neil Salsich - Honky Tonk Blues - 9

Sorelle - Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - 6

Holly Brand - Mississipi Girl - 8

Tasha Jessen - River - 7

Ross Clayton - Blue Ain't Your Color - 7

Michael B. - Save Your Tears - 9

D. Smooth - Perfect - 7

Alex Whalen - Help Me Make It Through the Night - 8

NOIVAS - A Change Is Gonna Come - 9

Episode 2:

Sheer Element - Leave the Door Open - 7

Carlos Rising - Change the World - 8

Magnus - Sara Smile - 6

Kala Banham - Both Sides Now - 10 (goosebumbs!!!)

This has been a very good cast overall, I really enjoyed all of the blinds!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingKongWoo said:

This has been a very good cast overall, I really enjoyed all of the blinds!

Not saying I necessarily agree (there were some BAs I didn't like), but it's nice to see some positivity since I feel like a lot of people have been critical of the talent, imo just talent-wise, it's off to a better start than last season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nytsch said:

Not saying I necessarily agree (there were some BAs I didn't like), but it's nice to see some positivity since I feel like a lot of people have been critical of the talent, imo just talent-wise, it's off to a better start than last season

That’s hard for me to say as I liked more auditions at this point last season than this one. I assume people wouldn’t agree with my picks though especially for S23.

Last season:

Morgan, Omar, Jay, Bryce, Devix, Kevin, Peyton

This season:

Neil, Sorelle, Alex, Sheer Element, Kala

I could see the case for S23 being better so far, I guess it just doesn’t help that NOIVAS and Holly aren’t for me lol.

For some reason I feel like this season’s BAs will be stronger overall though.

Edited by FloorWax

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

That’s hard for me to say as I liked more auditions at this point last season than this one. I assume people wouldn’t agree with my picks though especially for S23.

Last season:

This season:

I could see the case for S23 being better so far, I guess it just doesn’t help that NOIVAS and Holly aren’t for me lol.

I feel like a lot of the already eliminated people on the spoilers will have strong showings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Last season:

This season:

Maybe I would characterize it as one of my biases like on the other thread, for example Kevin gave a very good cover, but I kinda need more than that. I think the S23 artists so far have done a better job of making the song their own, or standing out otherwise through unique tone, etc.

I need to relisten to Devix though, I just don't like that song very much 😬

16 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I need to relisten to Devix though, I just don't like that song very much 😬

Oh I despise that song but Devix made me enjoy it. Its always a plus when the Voice contestants make me enjoy a song I don’t like. Rowan vs Jillian is another example. And now Ryley Tate lol

• Like 1