American Idol Season 21 Semi-Finals (Top 26)

Idol Maniac

https://www.instagram.com/p/ComA5-luGtu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

On the 4th slide of this post is a group of 13 contestants. My guess is that this is Group 2 since none of them were in the performance clips we have from tonight, and Nutsa (who is in this photo) was swimming in the ocean as Grouo 1 began to perform 💀

https://imgur.com/a/5rlre2P

Also, Hannah Nicolaisen is the final contestant! 

3 hours ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ComA5-luGtu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

On the 4th slide of this post is a group of 13 contestants. My guess is that this is Group 2 since none of them were in the performance clips we have from tonight, and Nutsa (who is in this photo) was swimming in the ocean as Grouo 1 began to perform 💀

https://imgur.com/a/5rlre2P

Also, Hannah Nicolaisen is the final contestant! 

The guy who posted these pics is going to be very confused when he tunes in on 2/19 and there’s nothing from Hawaii!

15 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

Who’s in group 1???…I can’t see the people clearly…

I think the photo is Group 2, but regardless:

Back Row (Left to Right): Dawson Wayne, Elijah McCormick, Tyson Venegas, Michael Williams, Malik Heard, Hannah Nicolaisen

Front Row (Left to Right): Colin Stough, "Unidentified Female Contestant", Wé McDonald, Olivia Soli, Nutsa Buzaladze, Megan Danielle, Marybeth Byrd

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think the photo is Group 2, but regardless:

Back Row (Left to Right): Dawson Wayne, Elijah McCormick, Tyson Venegas, Michael Williams, Malik Heard, Hannah Nicolaisen

Front Row (Left to Right): Colin Stough, "Unidentified Female Contestant", Wé McDonald, Olivia Soli, Nutsa Buzaladze, Megan Danielle, Marybeth Byrd

Damn all the voice alums in one show 

27 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

So Kenley Brown wasn’t in the Top 26 after all?

I mean she posted this photo last Wednesday when contestants were starting to arrive in Hawaii 🤷‍♂️ https://imgur.com/a/Yv4WIne She is obviously not there though. I'm also not particularly upset about it because no tea no shade: I felt she was the weakest of the females. Glad we have Paige now!

Edited by m1key

My quick thoughts on the contestants:

Females

01. Elise Kristine - Great whistle notes. A little bit too much of a theater girl. 

02. Emma Busse - Interesting last name… lol. She’s good but not one of my favorites right now. 

03. Hannah Nicolaisen -  Fine. Good voice. Not standing out to me at the moment. 

04. Haven Madison - I didn’t care much for her audition clip that we got to vote on, but she does seem to be the whole package. 

05. Kaeyra - Very good voice. What I imagine Faith Becnel wanted to be. 

06. Lucy Love - Very cool vibe. I’m expecting her to be like a female version of Michael Woodard. 

07. Mariah Faith - Good soulful voice. She’s kinda blending in with some other girls right now. 

08. Marybeth Byrd - Very pure voice. I was a fan of hers on The Voice and I think she’ll go very far. 

09. Megan Danielle - Loved her on The Voice also. Maybe my favorite voice of the girls right now. 

10. Nailyah Serenity - Not loving her at the moment. She’s very pretty and has a good voice, but she sounds kinda rough in some of her Tik Toks. I’ll be surprised if she goes any further than the Top 26. 

11. Nutsa Buzaladze - Beautiful and a definite show woman. She overdoes it, though, and will have to tone it down some. 

12. Olivia Soli - Another one of my favorite girl voices. She has a great commercial sound and can also belt. 

13. Paige Anne - Another girl with a nice voice who kinda blends in with some of the other girls. 

14. Wé McDonald - Now this is a girl who doesn’t sound like anyone else lol. I think she’ll be around for a long time. 

Males

01. Colin Stough - I think he’s gonna be around longer than he deserves to be lol. 

02. Dawson Wayne - Good voice. Reminds me of a Beane-type contestant. Not loving him yet. 

03. Elijah McCormick - America’s pick for Platinum Ticket. He’s good. 

04. Malik Heard - Good but not my cup of tea. 

05. Matt Wilson - One of the best male voices. 

06. Michael Williams - Good pop guy who’ll be around for a while. 

07. Oliver Steele - Probably the best country guy. 

08. Pjae - Very good voice. Not sure about the star factor. 

09. Tyson Venegas - Nice, smooth voice. I always like the piano players lol. 

10. Warren Peay - Sounds a lot like Chris Stapleton. I think voters will like him. 

11. William Guy Tongi - Seems like a sweet guy. Not loving his voice at the moment. A bit too laid back for me. 

12. Zachariah Smith - I think he has a great voice but I’m worried he’ll be playing the part of the energetic, funny guy who isn’t taken seriously. 

OVERALL FAVORITES: Megan, Marybeth, Lucy, Olivia, Wé, Matt, Tyson, Zachariah

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Females

01. Elise Kristine - Great whistle notes. A little bit too much of a theater girl. 

02. Emma Busse - Interesting last name… lol. She’s good but not one of my favorites right now. 

03. Hannah Nicolaisen -  Fine. Good voice. Not standing out to me at the moment. 

04. Haven Madison - I didn’t care much for her audition clip that we got to vote on, but she does seem to be the whole package. 

06. Lucy Love - Very cool vibe. I’m expecting her to be like a female version of Michael Woodard. 

07. Mariah Faith - Good soulful voice. She’s kinda blending in with some other girls right now. 

08. Marybeth Byrd - Very pure voice. I was a fan of hers on The Voice and I think she’ll go very far. 

09. Megan Danielle - Loved her on The Voice also. Maybe my favorite voice of the girls right now. 

10. Nailyah Serenity - Not loving her at the moment. She’s very pretty and has a good voice, but she sounds kinda rough in some of her Tik Toks. I’ll be surprised if she goes any further than the Top 26. 

11. Nutsa Buzaladze - Beautiful and a definite show woman. She overdoes it, though, and will have to tone it down some. 

12. Olivia Soli - Another one of my favorite girl voices. She has a great commercial sound and can also belt. 

13. Paige Anne - Another girl with a nice voice who kinda blends in with some of the other girls. 

14. Wé McDonald - Now this is a girl who doesn’t sound like anyone else lol. I think she’ll be around for a long time. 

Males

01. Colin Stough - I think he’s gonna be around longer than he deserves to be lol. 

02. Dawson Wayne - Good voice. Reminds me of a Beane-type contestant. Not loving him yet. 

10. Warren Peay - Sounds a lot like Chris Stapleton. I think voters will like him. 

11. William Guy Tongi - Seems like a sweet guy. Not loving his voice at the moment. A bit too laid back for me. 

12. Zachariah Smith - I think he has a great voice but I’m worried he’ll be playing the part of the energetic, funny guy who isn’t taken seriously. 

Great write up of each contestant. I’ll be looking up Dawson since you mentioned Beane. Lol. I like another guy Austin Markham who also has that Beane sound but I guess they decided to pick Dawson. Haven I agree with you - her quirky tone shows up more in her studio recordings. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

omg this comment is so accurate :dead: 

7 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I thought this an interesting comparison as well. When I first listened to some of his covers on TikTok he first reminded me of Jeremiah from S17,  but I suppose he reminds me of Beane as well.

Overall I agree with most of your thoughts! I don't necessarily agree with Mariah fading into the background considering her tone, and especially her aesthetic, are very different from others in the group. That being said, for people like Hannah, Emma, and Paige (even though I love them all), I definitely get where you are coming from.

14 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Females

Males

I'll also check out Megan and Olivia when they appear on the show.

Tyson might be my favorite of the guys, as I do like piano players but I'm not sure if I'll vote for him.  That's mainly because when it comes to voting, I have certain types of singers, and when it comes to gender, "female" is at the top of my list of what type of singers I'll vote for.  The only guy I ever voted for from the start was Clay Aiken, back in Season 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 8:14 PM, m1key said:

Thanks Idol Maniac for filling in some of the blanks we had ❤️ I feel like this season has a lot more "vocalist" and "powerhouse" type contestants compared to last season, which I'm here for!

Again, I feel like I say this every season but I really do feel like this is a female-heavy season and that TPTB TRULY want a female winner this season. They have a lot of female artists of different musical styles and genres to work with, so let's manifest that comes true... 

It does interest me that all of the Top 55 Voice Alumni made it besides Rebecca and Samuel. However, I'm not necessarily a fan of it? It's not going to affect the way I look at TV alumni because I am looking forward to multiple of them, but I just prefer when we have fresh blood and contestants who have never gotten this opportunity before 🤷‍♂️

Now lets MANIFEST that we get recordings/leaks of tomorrow and Monday's performances 🙏 🙏 🙏

On 2/13/2023 at 12:56 AM, m1key said:

We have our first leaked Hawaii performance snippet! Warren Peay singing Set Fire To The Rain by Adele

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CojENISup_1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Update: There is also a female singer singing The Middle by Maren Morris!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CojR2xDuIrS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wait I’m only seeing this now, “Set Fire To The Rain” is an inspired song choice for a blues rocker.