American Idol Season 21 Semi-Finals (Top 26)

Idol Maniac

http://www.theidolpad.com/2023/02/ai21-semi-finals-top-26.html

Launched Saturday, February 11th

Last Updated & Finalized Monday, February 13th

Females

01. Elise Kristine

02. Emma Busse

03. Hannah Nicolaisen

04. Haven Madison

05. Kaeyra

06. Lucy Love

07. Mariah Faith

08. Marybeth Byrd

09. Megan Danielle

10. Nailyah Serenity

11. Nutsa Buzaladze

12. Olivia Soli

13. Paige Anne

14. Wé McDonald

Males

01. Colin Stough

02. Dawson Wayne

03. Elijah McCormick

04. Malik Heard

05. Matt Wilson

06. Michael Williams

07. Oliver Steele

08. Pjae

09. Tyson Venegas

10. Warren Peay

11. William Guy Tongi

12. Zachariah Smith

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Love that we’re getting some powerhouse female contestants!

But dammit, I think I’ve already spotted the winner in Warren. He sounds just like Chris Stapleton. 

While he may have an advantage, some of the singers here are RIDICULOSULY GOOD that it's going to be harder for him to win

Thanks Idol Maniac for filling in some of the blanks we had ❤️ I feel like this season has a lot more "vocalist" and "powerhouse" type contestants compared to last season, which I'm here for!

Again, I feel like I say this every season but I really do feel like this is a female-heavy season and that TPTB TRULY want a female winner this season. They have a lot of female artists of different musical styles and genres to work with, so let's manifest that comes true... 

It does interest me that all of the Top 55 Voice Alumni made it besides Rebecca and Samuel. However, I'm not necessarily a fan of it? It's not going to affect the way I look at TV alumni because I am looking forward to multiple of them, but I just prefer when we have fresh blood and contestants who have never gotten this opportunity before 🤷‍♂️

Now lets MANIFEST that we get recordings/leaks of tomorrow and Monday's performances 🙏 🙏 🙏

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

The WGWG types we should be afraid of are Colin Stough, Oliver Steele, Warren Peay, and Zachariah Smith. Colin, Warren, and Zachariah seem fairly country, while Oliver is a bit more rock/soul infused. Oliver also has his pronouns in his bio and has painted nails in some of his vids which is probably a good sign that he isn't the same type of WGWG we are used too! 💀 

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

The WGWG types we should be afraid of are Colin Stough, Oliver Steele, Warren Peay, and Zachariah Smith. Colin, Warren, and Zachariah seem fairly country, while Oliver is a bit more rock/soul infused. Oliver also has his pronouns in his bio and has painted nails in some of his vids which is probably a good sign that he isn't the same type of WGWG we are used too! 💀 

Oliver seems interesting

23 minutes ago, m1key said:

Again, I feel like I say this every season but I really do feel like this is a female-heavy season and that TPTB TRULY want a female winner this season. They have a lot of female artists of different musical styles and genres to work with, so let's manifest that comes true... 

Which means another country guy will win.   They are not going to get a different result unless they change up the voting audience - or force the vote.   Idol never really recovered after they did that in Season 12.  And Just Sam's win turned out to be disaster with the label.  Maddie benefited from being on the 1st reboot season - which attracted casual voters - but they disappeared after that.

Edited by mytake1

45 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Which means another country guy will win.   They are not going to get a different result unless they change up the voting audience - or force the vote.   Idol never really recovered after they did that in Season 12.  And Just Sam's win turned out to be disaster with the label.  Maddie benefited from being on the 1st reboot season - which attracted casual voters - but they disappeared after that.

Idk... usually I would agree with you and remind myself I'm delusional 💀 but I really don't see Idol, or ABC, wanting 3 country male winners back to back (4/6 ABC winners being country, total.) That has never happened before. Obviously throughout S7-S15 all of the winners were WGWG besides Candice in S12. However, the only one who was truly country throughout his run was Scotty imo. The rest could all be classified as some combination of rock, soul, or folk. Even The Voice has never had 3 country male winners back to back. 

I know by saying this I am acknowledging that we could still very well have a WGWG winner, just not a country one, but I will remain optimistic that we will have a POC and/or Female winner! 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Idk... usually I would agree with you and remind myself I'm delusional 💀 but I really don't see Idol, or ABC, wanting 3 country male winners back to back. That has never happened before. Obviously throughout S7-S15 all of the winners were WGWG besides Candice in S12. However, the only one who was truly country throughout his run was Scotty imo. The rest could all be classified as some combination of rock, soul, or folk. Even The Voice has never had 3 country male winners back to back. 

I know by saying this I am acknowledging that we could still very well have a WGWG winner, just not a country one, but I will remain optimistic that we will have a POC and/or Female winner! 

Idol has lost a lot of viewers over the years.  Their core base is primarily older females from the South.  That's why we keep getting the same type of winner.  So to get different results, they need a lot more males and viewers from urban areas.  But Idol is an old show.  I don't think Idol cares - they are just trying to survive.  I doubt ABC cares - Idol is not one of their big shows.

BTW, you had previously said you don't care who wins.

36 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I don't think Idol cares - they are just trying to survive.  I doubt ABC cares - Idol is not one of their big shows.

Diversity and representation are becoming a crucial aspect of all forms of media. If ABC sees that Idol is not representative of these ideologies, they will pull the plug on it and replace it with something that will get similar or better ratings (perhaps yet another bachelor/ette spin off?) while avoiding backlash of lack of diversity from network executives. I'm assuming that ABC does not want to lose out on Idol's viewers, and the workers on Idol do not want to lose their jobs, so...

Additionally, I DO care who wins in the sense that I want my faves to get the validation they deserve by winning. However, I DON'T care who wins in the sense that after the Finale, I don't really think about Idol until the Showcase round spoilers are revealed for the following season. My life goes on after every Idol season ends whether or not I like the winner. I'm just here for some fun discourse and convos! 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

Idol has lost a lot of viewers over the years.  Their core base is primarily older females from the South.  That's why we keep getting the same type of winner.  So to get different results, they need a lot more males and viewers from urban areas.  But Idol is an old show.  I don't think Idol cares - they are just trying to survive.  I doubt ABC cares - Idol is not one of their big shows.

We all looked pretty good at 20 and “American Idol” is no exception. An ABC singing competition since 2018 (after a lengthy Fox run from 2002-2016, where the series was an absolute sensation in its first few seasons), this version of “Idol” passed “Grey’s Anatomy” to become the Disney-owned broadcast network’s most-watched series this season, averaging 9.1 million viewers across multiple platforms.”

9 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

We all looked pretty good at 20 and “American Idol” is no exception. An ABC singing competition since 2018 (after a lengthy Fox run from 2002-2016, where the series was an absolute sensation in its first few seasons), this version of “Idol” passed “Grey’s Anatomy” to become the Disney-owned broadcast network’s most-watched series this season, averaging 9.1 million viewers across multiple platforms.”

It is also a very expensive show to produce - with bulk of the money going to Ryan and the judges.  MJ thinks it's only a matter of time where it is moved to a streaming service like Dancing With The Stars.

Also keep in mind that the core of its voting demographics is older white women from the South.  Not POC, not young, not male, not urban.  That's why we keep getting the same type of winner.

Edited by mytake1

7 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

Kaeyra! I checked out her Instagram and found out that one of my favorite singers and one of my all-time favorite AGT acts actually happens to follow her.

She was actually on AGT S13! She went by the name Caroline Baran then, but she was montaged and didn't make it far.

I loveee her tone and voice! Very happy she made it (same with Emma!)

Edited by m1key

10 hours ago, m1key said:

Diversity and representation are becoming a crucial aspect of all forms of media. If ABC sees that Idol is not representative of these ideologies, they will pull the plug on it and replace it with something that will get similar or better ratings (perhaps yet another bachelor/ette spin off?) while avoiding backlash of lack of diversity from network executives. I'm assuming that ABC does not want to lose out on Idol's viewers, and the workers on Idol do not want to lose their jobs, so...

Additionally, I DO care who wins in the sense that I want my faves to get the validation they deserve by winning. However, I DON'T care who wins in the sense that after the Finale, I don't really think about Idol until the Showcase round spoilers are revealed for the following season. My life goes on after every Idol season ends whether or not I like the winner. I'm just here for some fun discourse and convos! 

But my point is that to get a different outcome, you need to have diversity with the voting audience.  And Idol's core base is older, white women from the South.  Males, younger, POC, urbanites don't care about Idol.  So TPBD will have to force the outcome - like they did in Season 12 - but they lost a lot of viewers.  Or with Just Sam, but then Idol acted as if she never existed.

The girls are stacked this season. Lots of big voiced, very marketable girls. Honestly, most of them will probably be eliminated quickly because of the voting demographic and over-saturation. I’m expecting Wé to be the last girl standing right now and I think she can definitely pull out a win. She already placed 3rd on The Voice back in 2016, and her voice has gotten even better since then. She can give us the “classic” Idol standout performances. Marybeth will also go far, I think. I expect that Megan, Haven and Lucy will be around for a while also. 

As we know, it only takes that one charming WGWG to make a splash with the viewers and he is almost guaranteed the win. 

• Like 1

We have our first leaked Hawaii performance snippet! Warren Peay singing Set Fire To The Rain by Adele

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CojENISup_1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Update: There is also a female singer singing The Middle by Maren Morris!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CojR2xDuIrS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, m1key said:

We have our first leaked Hawaii performance snippet! Oliver Steele singing Set Fire To The Rain by Adele

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CojENISup_1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Update: There is also a female singer singing The Middle by Maren Morris!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CojR2xDuIrS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I think that’s Warren, isn’t it?