Who won the Knockout: S19 edition (Part 2)

Gustavo527

Who won the knockout?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Ben Allen vs Worth The Wait

2. 2. Bailey Ray vs Lauren Frihauf

3. 3. Cami Clune vs John Holiday

NP, yall can go ahead and do the same polls I'm doing.

Also, you picked the exact same performances I would have picked... huh.

Anyways, I suspect these will be fairly close with the exception of WTW and Ben. I don't think people warmed up to Ben until his playoffs, which was admittedly great.

1. Worth the wait easily.

Beautiful harmonies and pleasant tones. I'm not really a fan of Ben's tone here, though the performance itself is decent.

2. Lauren

Bailey is probably objectively a tad more consistent in her performance, but I personally find Lauren's voice more unique, so I'll go with her. I don't think many people liked her belts here and found it too grating. I can see that, but as a metal/rock fan it doesn't really bother me.

3. John Holiday

To this day I still don't understand the hype behind Cami's knockout. I swear I don't dislike her, her battle and blinds is on my top 5 in their respective rounds, but I don't really like her low notes. They sound forced. Kudos to the unique arrangement though.

I relistened to John's KO today and  Technically, he pulled off the range and breath control required for the song. He just needed a bit more resonance and power. But honestly, still one of the better male renditions. I also love his tone but ik that's not the popular opinion. 

• Like 1

1. I loved the harmonies from Worth The Wait so i have to pick them. Beautiful performance. Ben was solid as well, this was a close one

2. Lauren's performance, while not perfect, was much more interesting than Bailey. I enjoyed the risks she took with that (iconic) song. I don't have an absolute definition for "karaoke's performance" but Bailey's probably enters in that category for me (Good karaoke, but still)

3. I'm probably on the minority here but i enjoyed Cami's performance a lot. She didn't just plain sang it, she performed it (she is a fellow theater kid, so it's expected :haha:). On the other hand, I just can't stand John's high notes, they are not pleasant to my ears, sorry. But i respect his big range.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

this day I still don't understand the hype behind Cami's knockout.

Lol i don't think is hyped at all. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that is was one of her weakest performances 

I don't think Cami is hyped that much at all. She had a loud fanbase that is obssesed with indie girls but that's it. Other than her audition i don't think any of her performances were that well received

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

1. I loved the harmonies from Worth The Wait so i have to pick them. Beautiful performance. Ben was solid as well, this was a close one

2. Lauren's performance, while not perfect, was much more interesting than Bailey. I enjoyed the risks she took with that (iconic) song. I don't have an absolute definition for "karaoke's performance" but Bailey's probably enters in that category for me (Good karaoke, but still)

3. I'm probably on the minority here but i enjoyed Cami's performance a lot. She didn't just plain sang it, she performed it (she is a fellow theater kid, so it's expected :haha:). On the other hand, I just can't stand John's high notes, they are not pleasant to my ears, sorry. But i respect his big range.

For now, once other members see it I have a feeling Cami will have a decent lead over John. She was the IDF darling of season and people were all over her KO.

Edited by Hsamid

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

For now, once other members see it I have a feeling Cami will have a decent lead over John. She was the IDF darling of season and people were all over her KO.

I honestly don't remember it?? Maybe because everyone were losing their minds over the 4wko, and also the whole Marisa's controversy happened that night. I just can't remember which was the consensus on the Cami vs John's knockout. (But i remember John not being that much liked here, he was quite polarizing so people probably preferred Cami at the time)

Edited by Gustavo527

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

I honestly don't remember it?? Maybe because everyone were losing her minds over the 4wko, and also the whole Marisa's controversy happened that night. I just can't remember which was the consensus on the Cami vs John's knockout. (But i remember John not being that much liked here, he was quite polarizing so people probably preferred Cami at the time)

Maybe her vocal fans distorted my perception of how popular she actually was.

this is just what I recall, but I remember her winning polls at the time the season aired. Specifically prelives. I do think the hype died down a bit once lives came in, and that was partly due to not delivering.

She did also win the best blind audition of season 19 poll I made a year ago which I have a hard time finding atm.

7 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

WTW

Lauren

Cami, John's voice was never pleasant for me, and I felt like he never achieved the heights that his audition was

That's fair and I do agree. I do wish he stuck to Jazz. I don't think we've had a contestant that performs mostly Jazz throughout their entire run yet. :/

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

She did also win the best blind audition of season 19 poll I made a year ago which I have a hard time finding atm.

Oh, yes, IDF was all over her audition.

Now that i remember, she actually won a S19 redux 🤔. Idk how much people participate in these but yeah, now that i'm thinking, she was indeed, popular here. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

1. WTW. Easily their best performance and their most consistent harmonies. As for Ben, he was solid, but he didnt bring much to the song that was already there. (Plus I'm not a fan of the song itself, so)

2. Lauren. I feel like she took more risks and they mostly paid off. Bailey was solid but the performance didnt really did much for me. I'm on the group that thinks she got outsung on both battle and KO.

3. I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty meh on this one, because both of them have way better performances on the show. John 's range is impressive but his higher register can get unpleasant at times, and Cami is talented, but aside from The Joke, this was my least favorite performance from her simply because I left empty. I gave it to John solely as a recognition to his range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Oh, yes, IDF was all over her audition.

Now that i remember, she actually won a S19 redux 🤔. Idk how much people participate in these but yeah, now that i'm thinking, she was indeed, popular here. 

Cami and Sid were IDF's top 2 at the begining. DeSz and Payge were very close. Ryan and Taryn were in the top 5 too, ig. And after the Kos, Carter gained popularity too.

Never tear us apart was very well received here as well, but after that her popularity declined.

Towards the end, after she got eliminated, DeSz was #1 here, and Carter was #2. IDF didn't care about other three.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Ben vs WTW

WTW - individual vocals could use some work, but great harmonies. Ben was solid throughout, nothing really more to say than that. I'll give it to WTW, but Ben's PO performance is better than anything by WTW imo.

Bailey vs Lauren

uhhh... neither? Lol I remembered Lauren's being pretty rough and on this listen I didn't think it was actually that bad, but she probably bit off more than she could chew with that song. I just wasn't a fan of Bailey's performance, she had a good note at the end but that's about it. I guess Lauren?

John vs Cami

Although John disappointed in the lives I stand by that being a great performance. I didn't find his upper range to be annoying, at least not for that particular song. Cami was good too, but just not anything too memorable compared to her audition or PO, so I'll give it to John.

• Like 1

1. WTW. Easily, tbh.

2. Bailey. I will defend this win forever, Lauren was REALLY rough. Bailey was actually very solid, even if it was a tad boring. She was more pleasant to listen to.

3. John. Cami was solid, but as many have said this is one of her weakest outings. John was technically really good, but some of those high notes sounded a little unpleasant. I still enjoyed it though, so I’d pick him.

14 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

About this, why isn't your username dedicated to Julia? Apparently you like her more 🤔🤔

Cami was the favorite of the season solely by merit of her blind audition. I was rooting for her from that point on, so even though I didn’t find her battle/KO/Top 9 super compelling, I must stand by my standom.