Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Melissa Leo

Melissa Leo at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival.jpg

Melissa's middle name is Chessington, which was her mother's maiden name. I can see why they didn't want to let that phenomenal name go to waste. Melissa was nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars for her performance in Frozen River, but she lost to Kate Winslet. She eventually got her Academy Award for The Fighter, which is unfortunate because that's a boxing movie and I don't have any intention of sitting through that. I believe she got her start on All My Children in the 80s, which is iconique tbh and she was nominated for a daytime emmy. She has made her rounds on all the TV procedurals, including multiple L&O, CSI, Criminal Minds, etc. She is not afraid of TV, and for that has been consistently acknowledged by the Emmys and won for best guest actress on Louie in 2012.

Save Adam Driver

• Sad 1

Nathan Lane

440px-NathanLane2018_(cropped).jpg

I feel like Nathan Lane is a very good supporting actor but never the lead. I'm mostly familiar with Nathan for his guest appearances on The Good Wife and Modern Family but he has had an extremely extensive career that has spawned over 40 years. Theatre, Series, Movies, Nathan has done it all. He has won three Tonys, five Drama Desk and one Olivier for his stuff on theatre. He has won three Emmys for his stuff on TV. He also has won a SAG for his stuff on film. He has also done voice acting and is most famous for voicing Timon on The Lion King. He had has recently a recurring role on Only Murdes in the Building, a show that I think I would like and one that gave her another Emmy as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series. 

Saving Woody Harrelson

Edited by .Rei
  • Sad 1

Cloris Leachman

cloris-leachman-obit.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

Cloris Leachman is an icon and a legend. It just comes down to me preferring Rose, Lupita, and Allison. Cloris Leachman has had such an illustrious film and tv career that for me to go over each of her acting credits would be silly as we'd be here all day. I'll just highlight some of my personal favorites. On the film side of things, she won an Oscar for her work in The Last Picture Show. However, my favorite film work from her is as Frau Blücher in the hilarious Mel Brooks film Young Frankenstein. Just iconic stuff there. On the tv side of things, she came into fame for her role as Phyllis in The Mary Tyler Moore Show, which also led to a spinoff about her character. I haven't seen every episode, but I've seen episodes of Mary Tyler Moore here and there and Leachman is great. She pretty consistently worked on television her entire career with some supporting roles and some guest roles here and there. One of her most memorable characters for me is as Grandma Ida in Malcolm in the Middle. My favorite role of Cloris' career is as herself on DWTS :wub:. One of my favorite contestants ever, she was such a joy to watch.

"It's a skanky hoe!"

"I'm an orphan so if you want to vote for me just remember there's a lot of sadness in being an orphan ^_^"

"OH YOU SHIT!"

"THEY CAN'T EVEN ADD UP THE NUMBERS THEY'RE SO STUPID HERE!"

lupita nyongo #awards GIF by BAFTA

Lupita Nyong'o captivated our hearts after her groundbreaking role as Patsey in 12 Years of Slave ; This role earned her plenty of praises around the globe and she was the darling of the award circuit which she would eventually be awarded the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. Following her role in 12 Years a Slave, she appeared in a few movies such as the Star Wars franchise where she portrayed Max Kanata, The Jungle Book, Queen of Katwe, Black Panther and US which earned her more praises.  What is surprising is that her filmography is smaller than I expected, but again, it means that she's more than a fair cut at this point considering the point of the rankdown & I haven't seen the majority of the roles listed compare to Allison Janey's filmography.

SAVING: ALLISON JANEY

Julia Garner

330px-Julia_Garner_in_2020,_cropped.jpg

I think a lot of remember Julia Garner from her role as Kimberly Breland, head of the Afghan group and later the Soviet group. I liked her there but if Keri and Matthew have been cut I think it's ok to let Julia go also. She's also received acclaim for her role as Ruth Langmore in Ozark, which I haven't watched yet but has been recomended to me; I'll get to it soon. More of her best-known roles include Maniac (2018, on Netflix), Dirty John (2018–2019 on Bravo). Recently in 2022, she portrayed Anna Sorokin in Inventing Anna (also on Netflix), for which she received nominations for another Primetime Emmy Award and Golden Globe for Best Actress.

Save: Elle Fanning

Te Amare Hasta Que Te Mate River Phoenix GIF by Filmin

River Phoenix is an actor that I am not too familiar with ; In fact, I mainly know him for being the brother of Joaquin Phoenix. As an actor, he started his career as a child and went on to star in movies like Stand by Me, Explorers, and The Mosquito Coast. He eventually went on to star in Running Empty which earned him an Academy Award nomination,  as well as a young Indiana Jones, Dogfight and My Own Private Idaho.  He sadly passed away at the age of 23 years old, but his legacy continued to be felt through the work of actors like Leonardo DiCaprio, Jared Leto, James Franco, and of course, through every role that his brother, Joaquin Phoenix, takes on.

SAVING: MARION COTILLARD

• Sad 1

Peter Dinklage

Peter Dinklage is an American actor who is most certainly well known for his Emmy winning portrayal of Tyrion Lannister in the series Game of Thrones. But make no mistake, he has a flourishing career outside of that role. Peter has a form of dwarfism and is one of the most prominent public figures with dwarfism. He’s an incredible talent and definitely

one of the best parts of Game of Thrones. Beyond that, he has been in a plethora of movies, from Christmas comedy Elf to drama Three Billboards… to an X-Men movie and Avengers movie and beyond. His filmography is very impressive but I think this is a fair spot for him to leave.

Save: Chloe