The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

His 'unfair advantage' only lies in sounding good tonight and not having to contend with the live audience. He still has to actually convince people to vote, and I don't think he did enough. This isn't Robegate 2.0.

I'm more interested in how they will handle the IS. Are they gonna use dress rehearsal footage again? I think this is where Kique may have an advantage, since he'll sound better and can appeal to the audience more, but again, I doubt it will do much. Ask Fritz Hager from AI.

And not having to deal with the live sound mixing. And the pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

The contestants scrolling through here wondering what the hell "robegate" is :haha:

Here, I’ll summarize for them. A contestant from S15 won an instant save, without having to sing, because Adam Levine begged the audience to vote for her, even though he had another contestant competing for the save (and actually sang). They said she was sick, but she sat in the audience wearing a robe. She returned the following week, and sang halfway decently, relative to her other performances. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jem128 said:

According to Kiques post he tested positive on Friday (and robot cameras taped that performance) so maybe it is less likely than I thought that other people will test positive   Makes me think they will pretape an IS performance. 

That’s good, because if the others were exposed, they likely would have tested positive by now. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here, I’ll summarize for them. A contestant from S15 won an instant save, without having to sing, because Adam Levine begged the audience to vote for her, even though he had another contestant competing for the save (and actually sang). They said she was sick, but she sat in the audience wearing a robe. She returned the following week, and sang halfway decently, relative to her other performances. 

Yeah this :haha:

Video summary:

TL;DR however incredible or neglectful your current coach is, just be grateful you don't have Adam Levine as your coach, scrolling contestants :haha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm kinda curious what she has been up to lately.

Released some music, posted some covers on twitter too... now she don't. Majority of her work you'll see was in 2019 - 2021. After that she hasn't done much.

She also won "Miss Tennessee Teen Volunteer pageant".

JvCeGa9.jpg

• Like 4

Thoughts - 

Morgan did well, wheelhouse stuff, super popular, playful vibe, soulful, long-held notes, a bit of nasty. Just a really professional, well thought-out performance. That's winner material. 

I thought Bryce showcased himself extremely well - finally breaking ground by doing a Morgan Wallen song on these shows. It's post bro-country reminiscing, but this shows a current side that he really acquitted himself well with. He telegraphed this as his dad uploaded this on youtube a while back, and he did really well with it even in that setting. I'm not sure if the core audience loves this style of music, but maybe the wistfulness of the lyrics will tug some strings. Although it's hilarious seeing the core audience think about red wings, potholes, "hah", tequila and Silverados. I could really see him doing well with this in voting, actually.

Parijita just really loves to slow things down to emphasize her voice, and that does play to her advantage. Alessia Cara's general purity plays very well into what Parijita is doing as well, but this is an excellent artist/song match for Parijita to showcase a current side. And good thing she's choosing a person similar to her age-wise as well. Very good performance, and good switcheroo.

JVKE is TikTok, bedroom pop - but Bodie's experimented with a ton of bedroom pop, so this is no surprise whatsoever; and of course, Bodie has rapped before. This is what he is, and kudos to him for actually taking that leap and actually rapping and dropping another song no one knows for voting purposes. "She knew she was the baddest" and a Childish Gambino namedrop are things that will definitely secure votes on this show. In truth, this will be a test on whether viewers really like Bodie, because it likely won't be the songs he's singing. But he's sure doing his best on them, and having the stones to showcase them. Not sure if we'll ever see someone like Bodie ever again on this show, so for that reason alone he deserves major kudos.

Kique doing a lot of Weeknd songs now? Kinda interesting, and it's a retro-current look kinda like how the Weeknd does it. You feel something's lost when he's kinda doing it by the book rather than twisting Kingston/OutKast songs, but obviously he has to tone it down for votes. In this fast season, unfortunately, he's not for long.

Brayden had a uninspired boyfriend country song choice. Kane Brown's popularity factor lost a lot of steam ever since he really doubled down on the boyfriend country, and you could say his younger Bieber-esque 2017-2018 stuff caught more attention. Not that Brayden should have done "Heaven", "Lose It", or whatever, but this didn't do much.

Edited by jork
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here, I’ll summarize for them. A contestant from S15 won an instant save, without having to sing, because Adam Levine begged the audience to vote for her, even though he had another contestant competing for the save (and actually sang). They said she was sick, but she sat in the audience wearing a robe. She returned the following week, and sang incredibly Amazing.

:yes:

Just now, TeamAudra said:

She was OK, compared to her attempt at “Cry,” and I didn’t even think that was her fault, because it seemed like Adam chose the song! 

I've always said this. It wasn't even her fault, and people still treated her as if she had anything to do with it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jork said:

I thought Bryce showcased himself extremely well - finally breaking ground by doing a Morgan Wallen song on these shows. It's post bro-country reminiscing, but this shows a current side that he really acquitted himself well with. He telegraphed this as his dad uploaded this on youtube a while back, and he did really well with it even in that setting. I'm not sure if the core audience loves this style of music, but maybe the wistfulness of the lyrics will tug some strings. Although it's hilarious seeing the core audience think about red wings, potholes, "hah", tequila and Silverados. I could really see him doing well with this in voting, actually.

Bryce was amazing tonight. :wub:

• Like 1

Finally caught up and I thought most people brought their A-game tonight! Bodie was great as always and Morgan and Kim looked and sounded like guest performers. Even Bryce I enjoyed this week. Rowan and Brayden were the only two iffy ones for me and Kique just bores me now for some reason.

11 minutes ago, MISSSONYA said:

I think that Blake`s kids will not go forward. 

Unpopular opinion: I do not like Kim`s style of singing. 

If I should kick 3 out I am thinking: Rowan, Brayden and Justin. 

(Jk)GIF by Giphy QA

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1