The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

28 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

As for Holly, does she still want to be a CCM artist? You cited an interview from 2021. Has she said this recently? Remember, Grace wasn’t even sure about her genre 2 years ago. Things change. 

This is from her Q&A today. 

B36A683A-5D47-4FDF-B5D8-5D8D2F6F17DB.jpeg

The thing is…lots of contestants over the years have expressed a desire to sing a certain song or genre, but TPTB usually has other ideas, unless they’re TCO. For example, Addison wanted to sing a Christian song, but they wouldn’t let her  

Edited by TeamAudra

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

As for Holly, does she still want to be a CCM artist? You cited an interview from 2021. Has she said this recently? Remember, Grace wasn’t even sure about her genre 2 years ago. Things change. 

That's true. Holly started entering pageants at age six. She won the Miss Mississippi 2021 talent competition singing "Up to the Mountain" and sang "House of the Rising Sun" for the talent phase of Miss America 2022. Holly's contemporary Christian artist goal was mentioned in the linked 12/22/21 article, but the posted Q&A indicates she might've decided to pursue both Christian and country music since then. Holly competed on The Voice in 2013 and made it past the audition rounds, according to the second article linked below.

https://www.vicksburgpost.com/2021/12/22/miss-mississippi-holly-brand-competes-in-miss-america-wins-scholarship

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-holly-brand-the-voice-23-contestant-crowned-miss-mississippi-2021

15 minutes ago, RTV said:

That's true. Holly started entering pageants at age six. She won the Miss Mississippi 2021 talent competition singing "Up to the Mountain" and sang "House of the Rising Sun" for the talent phase of Miss America 2022. Holly's contemporary Christian artist goal was mentioned in the linked 12/22/21 article, but the posted Q&A indicates she might've decided to pursue both Christian and country music since then. Holly competed on The Voice in 2013 and made it past the audition rounds, according to the second article linked below.

https://www.vicksburgpost.com/2021/12/22/miss-mississippi-holly-brand-competes-in-miss-america-wins-scholarship

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-holly-brand-the-voice-23-contestant-crowned-miss-mississippi-2021

does that mean she made it past open calls or something? bc confused how this would be the case if they’re referring to actual auditions 

46 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

does that mean she made it past open calls or something? bc confused how this would be the case if they’re referring to actual auditions 

I don't know. Holly was born 05/02/00, and The Voice's age limit to audition is 13+. If the article is correct about The Voice, I assume Holly made it through a portion of the early screening process but didn't have a blind audition in front of the coaches. Maybe someone will ask her about it during a Q&A.

Holly did appear on The X Factor USA 2013.

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

I don't know. Holly was born 05/02/00, and The Voice's age limit to audition is 13+. If the article is correct about The Voice, I assume Holly made it through a portion of the early screening process but didn't have a blind audition in front of the coaches. Maybe someone will ask her about it during a Q&A.

Holly did appear on The X Factor USA 2013.

got it thank you! i suspect then that they’re mixing up the voice and x factor

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Every time I see a grown adult’s birth date and it’s somewhere during or after 2000, I get another gray hair

it’s ok because you’re a spongebob stan so at least you’re a kid at heart ❤️  /joking

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, jem128 said:

The preview showed it already, but I don’t think they usually post about it ahead of time. 

ohhh i didnt watch the preview lol

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

the captions gone. i’m guessing she just put one of her song choices as her caption or something?

it said "swipe for the photographer/battle partner reveal" (the next slide shows a picture of gina)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Gospel or CCM?? As much as i like her, as far as I understand from people here, gospel is for big voices like, let's say, Manasseh. 

If she wants to sing CCM, i'll pass. We have had enough covers of You Say, we don't need another one

Right how many more times can we suffer through “How Great Thou Art…” didn’t we have another Holly (Holly Tucker) do the same Christian songs and got cut too.

16 minutes ago, erik g said:

ohhh i didnt watch the preview lol

it said "swipe for the photographer/battle partner reveal" (the next slide shows a picture of gina)

well doesn’t matter bc she’s not in the competition so not like they can do anything plus she was stolen both times so they’re extremely unlikely to montage her so that’s a win !!

unless they sue her 🤪 /joking (please, old people, don’t give me a lecture abt why this won’t happen)

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Carebear1999 said:

Just admit you’re being a clown. 

It's never this serious omg... 😭 💀 Yall are fighting over a reality TV show contestant wearing a cowboy hat, let's put that into perspective! 

• Haha 14

11 minutes ago, British Man said:

Yeah and I feel like even if NOIVAS is switching to being a country artist to pander to the audience, I don't see what's wrong with that. If an artist wants to win, they do what they know the audience wants. That's how the show works.

And hey, at least he's talented, unlike some other winners of the show.

Literally name one talentless winner and I’ll give you a million dollars

18 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I think you just need to chill a bit, he's enjoying his outfit yes, but it's not like he's just calling himself a cowboy. "He can sing whatever he wants." he says so himself.

He’s a cowboy. That’s that 

• Confused 1