The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Based on how often Blake is reminding  the audience that this is his last season, I don’t see any way he doesn’t win again. There’s no Sawyer or Jordan on any of these other teams to stop him. 

Oh yeah. This is my last season, last season,  laa-aa-aaa-aast season. LOL he said it so many times. It's hard to imagine him not winning on his last season.

So IDF should hope that Grace is Blake's TCO because a female hasn't won since Maelyn. I don't think any other coach has the power to win with a female singer right now (considering how the demographics have changed over the past years.)

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

Also, I guess it’s fitting how Blake Shelton retires the same year as Tom Brady, since both have been very dominant in their respective competitions, including winning a lot more titles than anyone else.

True, but I feel like Tom at least earned those wins in a way that I feel like Blake didn't.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Oh yeah. This is my last season, last season,  laa-aa-aaa-aast season. LOL he said it so many times. It's hard to imagine him not winning on his last season.

So IDF should hope that Grace is Blake's TCO because a female hasn't won since Maelyn. I don't think any other coach has the power to win with a female singer right now (considering how the demographics have changed over the past years.)

Kelly might still be able to win with the right teen female, but not this season. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So IDF should hope that Grace is Blake's TCO because a female hasn't won since Maelyn

Right now, i don't see it. But things will be more clear once we have the cast for the live shows.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rodney said:

True, but I feel like Tom at least earned those ins in a way that I feel like Blake didn't.

I don't know anything about sports, but even then I can pretty confidently agree with this lol

• Like 2

On that topic, I feel like if I had my way, Blake would have 5-6 wins. Actually, I don't find any of his winners that objectionable other than Jermaine and Bryce, there's just several times where I preferred someone else. You can also consider there's seasons where he didn't win and (arguably) should have - S14 and S21 come to mind

It's looking like this season would be a deserving win for him too imo, but we'll have to see for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

On that topic, I feel like if I had my way, Blake would have 5-6 wins. Actually, I don't find any of his winners that objectionable other than Jermaine and Bryce, there's just several times where I preferred someone else. You can also consider there's seasons where he didn't win and (arguably) should have - S14 and S21 come to mind

It's looking like this season would be a deserving win for him too imo, but we'll have to see for sure.

What about all of his objectionable finalists??🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

What about all of his objectionable finalists??🤔

Oh, there are plenty of those lol. That's why I started off thinking 5-6 is too generous, but then I realized that the winners weren't actually that bad, it was mainly just other finalists who tainted my memory 😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Yeah, Jermaine and Bryce were his weakest winners to me, but I felt that in S22 there was a different contestant from his team that I would have been more accepting of as a winner. With S4, S7 and S13, I respected the winners but they weren’t my choice to win those seasons. S12 and S21 are both seasons where he had a good contender to win but didn’t, but I personally preferred the actual winners of those seasons (though both were very deserving of Top 2). S10 to a lesser extent, but more because I felt that the winner was one of the greatest contestants of all time. Though in S14, I strongly preferred his highest placing contestant to the winner (one of the rare times where I felt Blake deserved a better position in the finale). S20 was the only time I really supported one of his winners, but S11, S3 and S18 are seasons where I was also content with his winners. I’ll go into a lot more detail on them when Rank the Blake Winners comes out in May 2023. I think 5-6 winners is a good estimate for me as well

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Oh, there are plenty of those lol. That's why I started off thinking 5-6 is too generous, but then I realized that the winners weren't actually that bad, it was mainly just other finalists who tainted my memory 😂

Yeah, he had at least twelve finalists too many as well, but most of his winners aren’t included in that (there are plenty that I would have kept as just a finalist). He would have still had plenty of Top 2 placements, but not in all but 2 seasons

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

Yeah, he had at least twelve finalists too many as well, but most of his winners aren’t included in that (there are plenty that I would have kept as just a finalist). He would have still had plenty of Top 2 placements, but not in all but 2 seasons

Does winner matter to you, or are you okay if your personal favorite gets runner up every season?

Edited by Jaffy
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Does winner matter to you, or are you okay if your personal favorite gets runner up every season?

In context of the show, I think it definitely depends on who actually won that season, but it’s definitely more fun to see your favorite win. If I like the winning contestant (and most contestants that won have had enjoyable runs, even if they weren’t my top choice), it’s easier to accept. There are plenty of contestants that I have accepted as the winner even if they weren’t my personal choice. I feel like I used to care more about specific contestants winning, but if it’s close, there might be more than one good option. Even then, someone you don’t like winning a TV competition won’t ruin your life. It’s like if your team loses a championship or your rival wins. If I was watching say 5 years ago, I would have been very angry at Bryce winning, but I was just disappointed and ended it there. I realized that there are more important things in my life than someone winning a singing show.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

There was a time when It used to matter to a lot of people, but now after watching so many seasons, they just don't care about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Cookie73 said:

In context of the show, I think it definitely depends on who actually won that season, but it’s definitely more fun to see your favorite win. If I like the winning contestant (and most contestants that won have had enjoyable runs, even if they weren’t my top choice), it’s easier to accept. There are plenty of contestants that I have accepted as the winner even if they weren’t my personal choice. I feel like I used to care more about specific contestants winning, but if it’s close, there might be more than one good option. Even then, someone you don’t like winning a TV competition won’t ruin your life. It’s like if your team loses a championship or your rival wins. If I was watching say 5 years ago, I would have been very angry at Bryce winning, but I was just disappointed and ended it there. I realized that there are more important things in my life than someone winning a singing show.

Great response. Well crafted and written.

• Sad 1

And what's the slogan for this season?

As far as I can remember:

S22: Go for bold.

S21: Pure magic.

S16: something about "legendary" since it's John's first season. They heavily promoted it as a "legendary season" which turned out to be the worst one.

S23: Blake's last season/ Blake's final season? I've heard TONS of that phrase since last season's live show started already.

• Like 1

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

There was a time when It used to matter to a lot of people, but now after watching so many seasons, they just don't care about it.

Yeah I definitely used to care more about results than I do now. Also because I have experienced a lot in my life since I started watching the show, and am now much older than when I discovered the show. I had a lot more important things to worry about in my personal life the week of the S22 finale.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

And what's the slogan for this season?

As far as I can remember:

S22: Go for bold.

S21: Pure magic.

S16: something about "legendary" since it's John's first season. They heavily promoted it as a "legendary season" which turned out to be the worst one.

S23: Blake's last season/ Blake's final season? I've heard TONS of that phrase since last season's live show started already.

Yeah everyone that season was mediocre except Maelyn, Jej, Mari, Beth & Rebecca.

3 hours ago, nytsch said:

I was going to try to ID that one too, but then I saw Blake looks younger and also Xtina is on the background, so it must be an older season

Not really relevant rn but I’m pretty sure that contestant is Dia Frampton from s1.