♫ ♪ Morgan Myles Fan Thread ♪ ♫

Spurrious

8 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This was just fantastic! Stellar message and her vocals were on fire here! Her performance reminded me of a more energetic version of Mickey Guyton’s rendition of the song. I feel so lucky to be getting performances of this caliber from Morgan every week. ☺️

Glad you brought that up....it really is an important message.  The "Fu** The Patriarchy" message is still a brave stance In Nashville, TN. However, it may have been an uncomfortable one for Minivan.  She justifiably called out Country radio in the pre-performance segment and Minivan is their most loyal audience.  That and I imagine in Camelot, Alabama...the patriarchy is still seen as the protector of the realm.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Glad you brought that up....it really is an important message.  The "Fu** The Patriarchy" message is still a brave stance In Nashville, TN. However, it may have been an uncomfortable one for Minivan.  She justifiably called out Country radio in the pre-performance segment and Minivan is their most loyal audience.  That and I imagine in Camelot, Alabama...the patriarchy is still seen as the protector of the realm.    

I rewatched it, because I was a bit distracted the other night. It was so short, I have to wonder if the topic is too deep to adequately address in that setting. I don’t think background stories move the needle much, in most cases. 

I did not know she toured with Reba….

Edited by TeamAudra

From the spoiler thread: 

“Morgan re: her song this week: “if you’ve seen me in concert, you’ve probably already heard me sing this song””

Link to story of Morgan taking about it:

“…so in my wheelhouse…”

https://instagram.com/stories/morganmyleslive/2979592862006995221?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

From the spoiler thread: 

“Morgan re: her song this week: “if you’ve seen me in concert, you’ve probably already heard me sing this song””

Link to story of Morgan taking about it:

“…so in my wheelhouse…”

https://instagram.com/stories/morganmyleslive/2979592862006995221?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

so something she's comfortable with, that's good

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

If its "Girl Crush" then I would say great pick(and not a bus or even just decent song at all, a total slam dunk it'd be)

Save "Either Way" for Semis or Finale.

I think she needs a song like Girl Crush to separate her from what, with a few exceptions, has turned out to be a very solid top 10. 

For Either Way....here for it but TBH I'd rather hear her cover Fire Away.  It a different kind of heartbreak song.....that first verse though.    

Honey, load up your questions
And pick up your sticks and your stones
And pretend I'm a shelter
For heartaches that don't have a home

• Like 1

I wonder how many of you knew that Lee Ann Womack released a version of “Either Way” in 2008? 

Stapleton co-wrote this song long before many people knew who he was. He won the Grammy for best Country solo performance with the song in 2018. 

Here’s Lee Ann’s version. It’s fine, but doesn’t have the edge that Morgan’s version does. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I wonder how many of you knew that Lee Ann Womack released a version of “Either Way” in 2008? 

Stapleton co-wrote this song long before many people knew who he was. He won the Grammy for best Country solo performance with the song in 2018. 

Here’s Lee Ann’s version. It’s fine, but doesn’t have the edge that Morgan’s version does. 

Considering how many songs that man had (and to this day) in his pocket, when it came to releasing his first solo album (Traveller), it was just a matter of picking which songs would go in instead of starting the writing process lol.

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

I think she needs a song like Girl Crush to separate her from what, with a few exceptions, has turned out to be a very solid top 10. 

For Either Way....here for it but TBH I'd rather hear her cover Fire Away.  It a different kind of heartbreak song.....that first verse though.    

Honey, load up your questions
And pick up your sticks and your stones
And pretend I'm a shelter
For heartaches that don't have a home

I think she could work wonders with this one.

• Like 1

Also could be, “You Are My Sunshine” - Morgane Stapleton version….

Unless that very recent follow (probably this week) is just a coincidence. 

Just throwing it out there. 

Does she cover that in her shows? 

Edited by TeamAudra

Please add me! Morgan is my favorite contestant at this point in the competition.

Morgan's wowed with her vocals for a while, but I think her last two live performances are what really worked for me. On Let Him Fly, she demonstrated an amazing restraint, considering that we know she could've done something a lot more powerful -- and I thought that was super tasteful for the song. One of the strongest performances of the night imo. And with If I Were A Boy, I thought she did a great job again (on a very different type of song!). I'm super excited to hear her next performance and I suspect it'll be just as good as the first two, if not better, considering that she's indicated she's covered it before. 

If it's "Girl Crush," I'll be doubly excited. I think her voice is perfect for that song (in some ways she reminds me of Meghan Linsey, I think?).

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, TeamAudra said:

NGL…I was nervous when they skipped Team Camila and called another one of Blake’s…

Now, I understand why they did that. 

Yeah, I think it was just because she was the only Team Camila contestant getting a public vote, whereas Blake had 4 contestants go through. 

Camila looked either confused, annoyed, or exasperated at some point during results iirc, if that means anything.

I do agree with the others though about there being a silver lining to this; Camila gets to focus entirely on helping Morgan.

8 hours ago, istersay said:

In all the pictures I see of them together, they look really happy! I hope that Morgan and Camila work well as a coach-contestant pairing and that Camila continues to support her after the show.

5 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Yeah, there's some pretty tough competition this season. But Morgan's been performing consistently well in the live shows, which I don't think can be said about all of the rest of the competition, even some contestants people consider frontrunners. Hopefully Morgan can make the finale off of the merit of her consistently great performances. Sounds like she's got a good song choice for next week.

On 11/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, Ottoxxx said:

She would slay "Anyway" by Martina

Totally agree! She would do a super powerful version of that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

In all the pictures I see of them together, they look really happy! I hope that Morgan and Camila work well as a coach-contestant pairing and that Camila continues to support her after the show.

Yeah, there's some pretty tough competition this season. But Morgan's been performing consistently well in the live shows, which I don't think can be said about all of the rest of the competition, even some contestants people consider frontrunners. Hopefully Morgan can make the finale off of the merit of her consistently great performances. Sounds like she's got a good song choice for next week.

Totally agree! She would do a super powerful version of that.

I hope that happens also, Camila should support her and maybe help open up some opportunities after, they seem like they got close 

• Like 3