American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

If Idol doesn't let Paige announce that she made Top 26 before her Hawaii episode airs, I'm gonna be pissed! Every other contestant will be able to remind people to vote for them on Sunday/Monday next week, but she might not be able to say anything which will result in her losing votes from followers who thought she got eliminated.

TPTB, you have one job! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I knew I saw a redhead guy in that group lol! Idol’s gonna have to start making these people sign a contract that if they drop out, they owe the show money lol. It’s happened three seasons in a row now. Kenedi’s the only one that went to Hawaii before she dropped out, though. 

Wyatt Pike too. or was he a DQ? idr lol 

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

If Idol doesn't let Paige announce that she made Top 26 before her Hawaii episode airs, I'm gonna be pissed! Every other contestant will be able to remind people to vote for them on Sunday/Monday next week, but she might not be able to say anything which will result in her losing votes from followers who thought she got eliminated.

TPTB, you have one job! 

American Idol needs to do it themselves…

11 minutes ago, m1key said:

TPTB, you have one job! 

It could be worst…you could be from Canada….or Georgia…

I saw Beckett Rexx on the Top 55 list and remember previewing his music. Since he dropped out earlier on, they had time to bring Paige back to Hawaii. 

Ryan will probably announce Paige’s return at the beginning of the first Hawaii episode.

Edited by jazzontherocks

They should’ve just announced her as the 26th finalist tonight. Why try and hide it lol? I don’t think the producers care for her and probably want her out before the Top 20, so maybe that’s why they’re just waiting until next week. 

2 minutes ago, jazzontherocks said:

I saw Beckett Rexx on the Top 55 list and remember previewing his music. Since he dropped out earlier on, they had time to bring Paige back to Hawaii. 

Ryan will probably announce Paige’s return at the beginning of the first Hawaii episode.

Thanks Beckett for dropping out I have no idea who you are and if this video is any indication I have no desire to know who you are so thanks for making a spot for Queen Paige.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

All Iam needs to do to win is sing “Dance With My Father”, and he will sweep the victory. 

And it would be deserved. Also... I don't like sob stories, but as someone who lost their father in 2021? Rude. :( 

4 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

And it would be deserved. Also... I don't like sob stories, but as someone who lost their father in 2021? Rude. :( 

I didn’t mean it in a rude way at all. I’ve lost my dad as well. I just meant that if he were to sing that song, I think he’d have another viral moment and have everybody in America crying and voting for him. Nobody would be able to top that moment, especially as good of a storyteller as Iam is. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Carrie_On said:

I didn’t mean it in a rude way at all. I’ve lost my dad as well. I just meant that if he were to sing that song, I think he’d have another viral moment and have everybody in America crying and voting for him. Nobody would be able to top that moment, especially as good of a storyteller as Iam is. 

OMG. I am sorry!

Sorry. Just thought that was meant tongue in cheek. I can't read posters on here sometimes. lol Sorry again! 🤗

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

OMG. I am sorry!

Sorry. Just thought that was meant tongue in cheek. I can't read posters on here sometimes. lol Sorry again! 🤗

No problem. I’m rooting for Iam to win and if I were his coach on say, The Voice lol, I’d pick that song for him to sing (if he was okay with it of course.) It would be a beautiful tribute to his dad, plus a performance that would make people vote for him. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

^^^ Would probably make me bawl not gonna lie. 💔 

Same. I was crying listening to “Sound of Silence” lol. Especially since Iam’s mom mentioned that his dad was going through dialysis, and my mom is currently struggling with some kidney trouble. 

My ranking of the Top 26 after Hollywood Week. Subject to change, of course. 

26. Mariah Faith : I just always feel like she’s only giving about 80% of what she can do. I want to like her but she’s not impressing me right now. 

25. Michael Williams : Weak sauce. Nice looking guy who can sing, but very generic. 

24. PJAE : Good vocals at times but he over sings a LOT. No star quality though, as Simon would say. 

23. Malik Heard : A good singer but seems very outdated. We know pretty much nothing about him. 

22. Colin Stough : He’s gonna go way further than he deserves to but I don’t even think the Facebook grandmas are going to be able to get a singer this weak to the victory. Chayce and Noah were much better than Colin, IMO. Still, I know he’ll be around for a while. 

21. Paige Anne : Very good singer and I actually can see her as the Tori Kelly-ish contestant who gets famous a few years after her stint on the show. Right now, I think she’s just a little underbaked. To me, she sounds like Grace Kinstler only not as good… yet. 

20. Nailyah Serenity : If this were the year 2004, she’d be a serious contender. She fits right in with those LaToya London type singers from older seasons. She’s just too old-fashioned to go far in a current season, but she can definitely sing. 

19. Emma Busse : Loved her Yebba performance on Hollywood Day One. She has a great voice but I need to hear her nail an entire song, not just portions of a song. Her vocals are inconsistent. 

18. Oliver Steele : I find him almost as boring as watching paint dry, but I think he has a nice tone to his voice. I need him to step it up a few notches. Regardless, I think he’ll be around for a while. 

17. Nutsa : Strong voice for sure but she comes over as a novelty contestant for me. I think she’ll either go home very early or stick around as a very polarizing contestant, like Sanjaya or even Antonella Barba, who didn’t go too far but was still memorable. 

16. Dawson Wayne : A little dark horse, perhaps? He has a very smooth, gorgeous voice and I’m surprised that the show has kinda treated him like fodder. 

15. Tyson Venegas : I hope he climbs back up the ladder next week but right now, I have to put him here. Exceptional audition but he has struggled ever since. He forgets his lyrics a lot and his vocals have gotten messy too. Praying he gets it together or he could be an early surprise boot. 

14. Marybeth Byrd : Oof, I hate to put her this low but she seems like she’s trying too hard and not being herself. She sounds best with stuff like “Angel From Montgomery”, which she auditioned for The Voice with. This gritty sound she’s trying to project just doesn’t suit her, IMO. 

13. Hannah Nicolaisen : She took a few steps back with “I Don’t Want To Be.” She was lucky to get through after that. Did not suit her at all. But she has a lovely voice and reminds me of a mix of  Crystal and Didi from Season 9. I hope she sticks around as a dark horse. 

12. Zachariah Smith : He’s fun to have around and he can actually sing, unlike some of the upbeat performers we’ve had on this show. I’m here for him as long as he doesn’t overstay his welcome. 

11. Megan Danielle : Still not completely sold on her but I do like her raspy voice. She seems like she’s gonna have a real growth arc on the show. 

10. Olivia Soli : I was hoping she’d stand out a little more than she has so far, but she definitely has a big voice. Her biggest struggle is going to be relating to the audience. 

09. Matt Wilson : So easy to listen to. He makes it seem effortless. I hope he pushes himself at some point in the competition. 

08. Elise Kristine : If this girl plays her cards right, I think she can be the little fodder that could. My God, those whistle notes she hit! A hidden gem who I think might surprise people and go further than we first expected, as long as she doesn’t try and do too much with a song. 

07. Haven Madison : She’s only this high because of “I Still Need You.” That was her moment on the show so far. What a fantastic song and great delivery of it. I haven’t been to impressed by anything else she’s done but I think she has star power. 

06. Warren Peay : As far as gritty country singers go, I think he’s got Colin beat by a long shot. Probably not as far as Idol voters are concerned, but I much prefer his performances. He’s another one I can see sneaking up on people. 

05. Elijah McCormick : Very likable guy with a beautiful voice. Definitely someone who can deliver a “moment” with the right song choice. 

04. Wé McDonald : Honestly, she hasn’t blown me away as of now, but I know she’s got a show-stopping performance inside of her. She’s going to be around for a long time and currently, I think she’ll be the last girl standing. 

03. Lucy Love : Such a delight. She’s sassy, funny and endearing, like how Fantasia was. Her vocals aren’t perfect but she always gives it her all. I hope she delivers some interesting performances. 

02. Kaeyra : Finally, a bad ass rock chick! I don’t think we’ve had one since Allison? Haley? She’s a sleeper hit and is reminding me of Jena Irene from S13, who also snuck up on people. I pray she goes far. 

01. Iam : He just has IT for me. He’s someone you want to see succeed. His voice has so much emotion when he sings. Rooting for an Iam VS Kaeyra showdown. I know it won’t happen but I can dream. 

• Like 2

This episode solidified (for me) that Colin is most likely not winning this season! He received a really bad edit considering he is supposed to be the main WGWG frontrunner. His performance, which was genuinely not good and did not really receive praise from the judges, was shown right before Iam's. Iam went on to overshadow him with both his performance and the praise it received. The judges also purposely put Colin in a deliberation group with Iam and Matt, and they purposely put Iam through first. If they really wanted Colin to be a contender for the win, they would've given him his own deliberation and not have him be overshadowed by frontrunner Iam. With all that being said, I think Iam is winning this season unless he really fumbles the bag with song choices in live shows. He's very relatable, endearing, and has a timeless voice that appeals to many different groups of people. I just hope they don't overpimp him too much because I won't be able to enjoy him as much if that's the case :( 

Only other thoughts I have are on Elise, Emma, and Olivia. 

Elise and Emma both gave worthy performances and got positive reception from the judges. Will it be enough to shake things up at Top 26? Idk. Additionally, I can see Olivia being a Top 26 shock boot. She hasn't gotten much screen time since her audition, and her All By Myself performance wasn't as good as it could've been. The fact that she is singing Emotions for Top 26 may not bode well for her... 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, m1key said:

This episode solidified (for me) that Colin is most likely not winning this season! He received a really bad edit considering he is supposed to be the main WGWG frontrunner. His performance, which was genuinely not good and did not really receive praise from the judges, was shown right before Iam's. Iam went on to overshadow him with both his performance and the praise it received. The judges also purposely put Colin in a deliberation group with Iam and Matt, and they purposely put Iam through first. If they really wanted Colin to be a contender for the win, they would've given him his own deliberation and not have him be overshadowed by frontrunner Iam. With all that being said, I think Iam is winning this season unless he really fumbles the bag with song choices in live shows. He's very relatable, endearing, and has a timeless voice that appeals to many different groups of people. I just hope they don't overpimp him too much because I won't be able to enjoy him as much if that's the case :( 

Only other thoughts I have are on Elise, Emma, and Olivia. 

Elise and Emma both gave worthy performances and got positive reception from the judges. Will it be enough to shake things up at Top 26? Idk. Additionally, I can see Olivia being a Top 26 shock boot. She hasn't gotten much screen time since her audition, and her All By Myself performance wasn't as good as it could've been. The fact that she is singing Emotions for Top 26 may not bode well for her... 

I have to agree.  I don't think that Colin is winning this season.  Top 5?  Oh yeah.  Top 3?  Probably.  The win?  Nope.  I see either Iam, Oliver or We winning.