American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

11 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Showstoppers Night 1 Performers + Song Choices:

- Adin Boyer - “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay (with keyboard)

- Fire - “Mercy” by Duff

- Haven Madison - “Bird Set Free” by Sia

- Kaeyra - N/A

- Kaylin Hedges - “Kiss From A Rose” (from ‘Batman: Forever’) by Seal 

- Lucy Love - “Flying Without Wings” by Westlife/Ruben Studdard

- Malik - N/A

- Megan Danielle - N/A

- Michael Williams - N/A

- Nutsa - “Proud Mary” by Creedence Clearwater Revival/Ike & Tina Turner

- Pjae - N/A

- Tyson Venegas - N/A * opened

- Warren Peay - “Whipping Post” by The Allman Brothers

- Wé Ani - “Ain’t No Way” by Aretha Franklin ** closed

- Zachariah Smith - “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen

I like the song “Mercy” ever since it was used for a routine on So You Think You Can Dance?  However, it might be too much for Fire.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

- Fire - “Mercy” by Duff

- Kaeyra - N/A

- Malik - N/A

- Megan Danielle - N/A

- Michael Williams - N/A

- Pjae - N/A

These song choices 👀👀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

- Fire - “Mercy” by Duff

- Kaeyra - N/A

- Malik - N/A

- Megan Danielle - N/A

- Michael Williams - N/A

- Pjae - N/A

I apologize for being this petty, but it’s Duffy, not Duff.

• Like 1

166365_0891-400x0.jpg

Seems like Malik vs. Pjae is the sing off pair Episode 1 🍵 

Episode 2 pair will likely be 2 females if it's the same as last year. 

The "twist" resulting in a Top 26 instead of a Top 24 is that the judges didn't cut either of the people in the sing off!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m1key said:

166365_0891-400x0.jpg

Seems like Malik vs. Pjae is the sing off pair Episode 1 🍵 

Episode 2 pair will likely be 2 females if it's the same as last year. 

The "twist" resulting in a Top 26 instead of a Top 24 is that the judges didn't cut either of the people in the sing off!

That's probably the case.

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

Snippet of Kaeyra singing "River" by Bishop Briggs for Showstoppers #1

Watch 'American Idol' Contestant Kaeyra Rock Out to 'River' (people.com)

She sounds great as always. I could live without ever hearing that song again lol. I hope she can go far like an Adam Lambert/Allison Iraheta type contestant. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peachfuz said:

kiss from a rose is a terrible song choice for kaylin 💀 her elimination might make a lil more sense with that knowledge

I love that song, but I feel like this is a bus for her. But I will watch to see how it goes.

Edited by allistr

On 4/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

- Adin Boyer

- Fire

- Haven Madison

- Kaeyra

- Kaylin Hedges

- Lucy Love

- Malik

- Megan Danielle

- Michael Williams

- Nutsa

- Pjae

- Tyson Venegas

- Warren Peay

- Wé Ani

- Zachariah Smith

Can’t wait for Showstoppers!! 💙

By the way, still I feel upset about not getting to know who Michael T.C. Williams’s duet partner in Hollywood week was, unless he did a live after the episode aired and/or told us about it otherwise.

17 hours ago, JodiRose said:

Can’t wait for Showstoppers!! 💙

By the way, still I feel upset about not getting to know who Michael T.C. Williams’s duet partner in Hollywood week was, unless he did a live after the episode aired and/or told us about it otherwise.

Looking forward to Michael's Showstoppers performance. Just like you, I wanted to know who his partner was. Idol didn't air him both Hollywood nights, and that's still a question mark to me. 

• Sad 1

Lucy doing Flying Without Wings could be good . Ruben did good with it and it was among the best winning songs.

Based on tonight's episode. here's some of my thoughts. @m1key can chime in and give some of his takes as well.

- We, Paige, Warren, Kaeyra and Lucy got favorable edits. 

- Nutsa got a better edit this time around, will it change anything? We'll see

- Felt like they were hiding Haven's mistakes in her performance but greatly exacerbated Tyson's

- Fire leaving with that kind of honesty prob threw the judges, including myself, off but eh 

6 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Based on tonight's episode. here's some of my thoughts. @m1key can chime in and give some of his takes as well.

- We, Paige, Warren, Kaeyra and Lucy got favorable edits. 

- Nutsa got a better edit this time around, will it change anything? We'll see

- Felt like they were hiding Haven's mistakes in her performance but greatly exacerbated Tyson's

- Fire leaving with that kind of honesty prob threw the judges, including myself, off but eh 

I agree with all of this! I would add that Malik, Michael, and Pjae seem pretty solidified as Top 26 fodder at this point, but we shall see. 

Kaeyra, Lucy, and Paige are definitely serving major dark horse energy. Perhaps they have potential to steal Haven and Tyson's spots if they continue to flop in live shows? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

I agree with all of this! I would add that Malik, Michael, and Pjae seem pretty solidified as Top 26 fodder at this point, but we shall see. 

Kaeyra, Lucy, and Paige are definitely serving major dark horse energy. Perhaps they have potential to steal Haven and Tyson's spots if they continue to flop in live shows? 

Tyson is going to struggle a lot more after today…he already had a huge hurdle ahead of him being from Canada…

The amount of male cannon fodders is honestly shocking…there is another one besides Pjae, Malik and Michael and that is obviously Dawson…usually, we have a bunch of female cannon fodder…but who really knows???…people thought Emyrson was cannon fodder and she made the top 7…this season is a lot stronger though, so…I don’t think we will have any “cannon fodders” in the top 14…let alone the top 10…

Edited by kenboy123

Just now, kenboy123 said:

The amount of male cannon fodders is honestly shocking…there is anyone besides Pjae, Malik and Michael and that is obviously Dawson…usually, we have a bunch of female cannon fodder…but who really knows???…people thought Emyrson was cannon fodder and she made the top 7…

I guess the only "female" fodder I could think of in terms of how much screentime they got is between Nailyah, Elise, Emma, and maybe Paige/Olivia? But we'll see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

I guess the only "female" fodder I could think of in terms of how much screentime they got is between Nailyah, Elise, Emma, and maybe Paige/Olivia? But we'll see

I think the only female fodder is Naliyah…I don’t think Olivia is fodder at all…as for Emma and Elise, they have been edited pretty positively when we have seen them…and Paige seems like she is at the cusp of a breakthrough…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

Tyson is going to struggle a lot more after today…he already had a huge hurdle ahead of him being from Canada…

I mean Tyson already proved to me he can be messy in his duet (forgetting some of the words, oversinging), but social media seemed to attack Kaylin for it more than him. 

4 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

The amount of male cannon fodders is honestly shocking…there is another one besides Pjae, Malik and Michael and that is obviously Dawson…usually, we have a bunch of female cannon fodder…but who really knows???…people thought Emyrson was cannon fodder and she made the top 7…this season is a lot stronger though, so…I don’t think we will have any “cannon fodders” in the top 14…let alone the top 10…

Also, I do think this is weird as well, especially since men are in the minority of the Top 26. However, I'm getting the vibe that the men who aren't  fodder are all going to make deep runs, resulting in a lot of women getting booted in the middle stages of live shows. 

• Like 2