So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

7 hours ago, RTV said:

If this voting information is current, a Facebook account is required. :thumbsdown:

http://vote.fox.com/dance/faq

It is definitely limiting to have it only on certain apps/accounts 

But I'd take that over having just the studio audience and judges decide. You can't call it America's Favorite Dancer unless there's some sort of public voting.

12 hours ago, istersay said:

I guess so, next week tv guide says top 12 dancers perform, so that will be jam packed too, wish this was 2 hours

Yeah totally agreed. :( I think a 2 hour episode would have done it definite justice.

I don't know why FOX won't give SYTYCD a 2 hour show on Wednesday and then move MasterChef to another night, like a Tuesday. FOX airs repeats of shows on Tuesdays, which aren't really needed. :wacko:

11 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

And apparently the week after that is:

Girls Night Out
SEASON 17 , EPISODE 6AIRING JUN 22, 2022NEW STEREO • CC • DVS
Group B competes in the studio rounds; six more dancers showcase their talents in various dance styles.

GIF by Sky

Lol yeah I saw this on the TV listings. I AM SO CONFUSED by all of this. :dead: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol yeah I saw this on the TV listings. I AM SO CONFUSED by all of this. :dead: 

I'm thinking that next week might not be the full 12. I think they will reveal the boys only and call it "Group A"

Then they have time to calculate the votes for the boys while they show the girls... then pre-tape the boys elimination and the next boys episode.

But then the question is... if the dancers are going to be split into boys and girls, WHO ARE THEY DANCING WITH? All Stars only???????? Because I would be okay with that

• Like 1

Yeah I was also thinking that next week would be the Boys reveal + performance episode. :yes: 

Before all of this info, I was thinking the Top 12 contestants would be paired up dancing together - for 6 routines on the show, which fits well enough for an hour long episode. But I'm guessing that's not going to happen, at least for the next 2 episodes.

But yeah if they dance with All-Stars, I'm curious who those All-Stars will be. 😮 

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

It is definitely limiting to have it only on certain apps/accounts 

But I'd take that over having just the studio audience and judges decide. You can't call it America's Favorite Dancer unless there's some sort of public voting.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Well, Leah Remini was reallly such an unexpected and odd choice for a judge here. :dead: I was hoping they would sign someone with proper dance experience, but Leah will bring the fun and comedy, I suppose. :haha: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Well, Leah Remini was reallly such an unexpected and odd choice for a judge here. :dead: I was hoping they would sign someone with proper dance experience, but Leah will bring the fun and comedy, I suppose. :haha: 

I checked Leah out, and she was on Dancing with the Stars in Season 17, so she has some experience at least.  Like I have some dance experience.

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I checked Leah out, and she was on Dancing with the Stars in Season 17, so she has some experience at least.  Like I have some dance experience.

Ah yeah I know she did DWTS, so there's that at least. I guess it could have been worse where they had someone with no dance experience at all. :haha: I was just hoping for another person with something similar to Matthew's caliber in performing - he wasn't quite the professional dancer like tWitch or JoJo but he does have the Broadway performing/dance experience - whereas I don't think Leah's experience is on that level. But ah well, she should be funny. :haha: 

My thoughts on the season so far:

-Jojo's pretty good, Twitch is solid, Matthew is generic sauce; Not a big loss at all that he won't return.

-The auditions felt off to me this season; Can't put my finger on it.

- The Choreography Round was quite good. Pretty much back in form w/ the "Vegas" days.

-Favorite/ Standout dancers so far- I like the 2 ballroom girls, Alexis Warr & Camila Swartz; They look like locks to make it. I also like Jordan Betscher(?). She wasn't shown a ton, but i was drawn to her when she was on. Essence & Tiago might make it far. The pretty girl w/ blond bun that was crying nearing the end of the Choreo episode looks like a lock too. *I have 5 out of 6 female spots & 1 out 6 guys spots noted😜

2 hours ago, nigelsimon said:

My thoughts on the season so far:

-Jojo's pretty good, Twitch is solid, Matthew is generic sauce; Not a big loss at all that he won't return.

-The auditions felt off to me this season; Can't put my finger on it.

- The Choreography Round was quite good. Pretty much back in form w/ the "Vegas" days.

-Favorite/ Standout dancers so far- I like the 2 ballroom girls, Alexis Warr & Camila Swartz; They look like locks to make it. I also like Jordan Betscher(?). She wasn't shown a ton, but i was drawn to her when she was on. Essence & Tiago might make it far. The pretty girl w/ blond bun that was crying nearing the end of the Choreo episode looks like a lock too. *I have 5 out of 6 female spots & 1 out 6 guys spots noted😜

I also enjoyed Alexis and Camilla.

Who are the five out of six spots for the girls that you have noted?

44 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I also enjoyed Alexis and Camilla.

Who are the five out of six spots for the girls that you have noted?

Alexis Warr- (ballroom) lock

Camila Schwarz-(ballroom) lock

Jordan Betscher- (jazz) maybe

Essence Wilmington-(hiphop) lock

Anna Miller- (jazz/contemporary) "girl crying w/ blond bun" near lock

4 hours ago, nigelsimon said:

Alexis Warr- (ballroom) lock

Camila Schwarz-(ballroom) lock

Jordan Betscher- (jazz) maybe

Essence Wilmington-(hiphop) lock

Anna Miller- (jazz/contemporary) "girl crying w/ blond bun" near lock

Do you think that JoJo the dancer has a chance of making the Top 6 girls?

On 6/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, FrogLenzen said:

8 cuts so far from the dancers shown in auditions:

Boys

Girls

Anna (featured episode 1)

Dakota (featured episode 1)

Maci (featured episode 1)

Brianna (featured episode 2)

Alexis (featured episode 2)

Zyiasia (featured episode 2)

Essence (featured episode 3)

Camila (featured episode 3)

Ralyn (featured episode 3)

Jordan (montaged episode 1)

Rachel (montaged episode 1)

Jordin (montaged episode 2)

Mia (montaged episode 3)

Virginia (montaged episode 3)

Flora (montaged episode 3)

Probability of making it to top 12 imo:

Anna- high

Alexis- Lock

Essence -Lock

Camila - Lock

Ralyn- high

Jordan- med

Mia-  low

Virginia - low

Flora- low

*Jojo- low

Choreographers this week for SYTYCD will be:

Luther Brown (group and duet)

Mandy & Elizabeth

Al Blackstone

Tessandra Chavez

Alan Bersten

Talia Favia

I think it will really start to feel more like a season once we see these familiar faces. Having 6 choreographers also follows with our theory that this week will just have the 6 boys dancing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Mandy & Elizabeth

Al Blackstone

Tessandra Chavez

Alan Bersten

Talia Favia

I think it will really start to feel more like a season once we see these familiar faces. Having 6 choreographers also follows with our theory that this week will just have the 6 boys dancing. 

I'm sure the top 12 contestants are excited about working with renowned choreographers one-on-one. Tessandra is exceptional. Whoever she's choreographing is lucky. It's nice to see Alan brought back to SYTYCD (top 12, season 10 / DWTS pro).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Mandy & Elizabeth

Al Blackstone

Tessandra Chavez

Alan Bersten

Talia Favia

I thought there would be just the 6 boys but it says that Luther Brown is doing a duet which would leave 4 guys to go around for the remaining 5 choreographers.  

26 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

I thought there would be just the 6 boys but it says that Luther Brown is doing a duet which would leave 4 guys to go around for the remaining 5 choreographers.  

I'm guessing it's a "Showcase show" where the competitors will dance in their own style w/ the All-Stars