Top 5 Themes Revealed

idolfan1234

1 minute ago, idolfan1234 said:

On Sunday May 15th, each contestant will sing twice.  They will perform their original song that will be released tomorrow and sing a song from Carrie Underwood's catalogue.

Leah said on ig live there not performing their original songs

Hunter - Just A Dream, Wasted, Mama's Song, Don't forget to remember me

Leah - Last Name, All American Girl, Before he Cheats, Temporary Home

Nicolina - I told you so, Cry Pretty, So Small, Something in The Water

Fritz - Flat On The Floor, Blown Away, Good Girl, Two Black Cadillac's

Noah - Jesus, Take The Wheel, Change, See You Again, Dirty Laundry, Love Wins

2 hours ago, wgm said:

Hunter - Just A Dream, Wasted, Mama's Song, Don't forget to remember me

Leah - Last Name, All American Girl, Before he Cheats, Temporary Home

Nicolina - I told you so, Cry Pretty, So Small, Something in The Water

Fritz - Flat On The Floor, Blown Away, Good Girl, Two Black Cadillac's

Noah - Jesus, Take The Wheel, Change, See You Again, Dirty Laundry, Love Wins

Blown Away seems like a very good song choice for Fritz. I can already imagine it!

Leah will do good in Temporary Home, but I want her to perform an angry song. Maybe Undo It?

Cry Pretty is a really difficult song. I don't think anyone can handle the climax. But I do hope Nicolina takes a risk!

3 hours ago, idolfan1234 said:

That has not been advertised anywhere and may be difficult with Noah apparently having to perform from his hotel room again.  Imagine singing a duet on the stage in front of the audience with someone in a room by themselves.

That's probably the reason why there's no duets or trios this season.  If Noah has to perform from his hotel room again, a duet or trio is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible.  Also, does Fritz have to perform from his hotel room again?

Some tea from Leah's live:

- She confirmed they aren't singing their originals tomorrows. The themes are Carrie songs and Personal Choices.

- Leah said that Carrie picked "Flat on the Floor" for her, but Carrie was open to the contestants choosing their own songs because she hated when songs were picked for her on Idol. Leah said the song she picked is a cover that Carrie did.

- Carrie choosing the songs will no longer be apart of the edit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, m1key said:

- She confirmed they aren't singing their originals tomorrows. The themes are Carrie songs and Personal Choices.

- Leah said that Carrie picked "Flat on the Floor" for her, but Carrie was open to the contestants choosing their own songs because she hated when songs were picked for her on Idol. Leah said the song she picked is a cover that Carrie did.

Leah's choice is probably either I Told You So or Look At Me, which Maddie Poppe performed during the week of the Top 5 on her season and Sonika did as her audition song. Alternatively, it could be a song from her Christmas or gospel albums, but I lean towards I Told You So. One upside of choosing a song from Carrie's Christmas or gospel albums is that Leah could lean into the God angle, which American Idol's core viewers would be into.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Hope that this helps Leah get into the finale at least.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

15 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

t with Noah apparently having to perform from his hotel room again.  Imagine singing a duet on the stage in front of the audience with someone in a room by themselves.

Oh no, I hope he gets to sing live this week. It's gonna be brutal 1 week before finale not to sing live :(

However, I'm happy to see Carrie coming back on my TV screen.