Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

can you believe that there are still two movies in the game that were once saved by Elliott?????? We can do better than that....

I didn’t realize you were wanting Battle Royale out of the game. :giggle:

1 minute ago, *Diana said:

I am slammed with work..if someone wants to make their preferred choice and do the write up they have my permission. 

You can wait the full 24 hours and someone can do it then. But no writeups behind the scenes, etc.

The Fall

I am a idiot and just wrote a whole write up on the 2022 "The Fall" film before almost submitting it before realizing what game I am in 

Oops. Sorry. I guess you'll have to  heat about how much I love Jeffery Dean Morgan another  day. (Extra love and strength to his wife Hilarie Burton right now btw..f*ck OTH and justice for Hilarie and P. SAWYER....) 

Any way I am off track 

Back to the actual movie I was suppose to cut... lol

THE FALL Was released in 2006

Yes there are multiple movies with this awful boring title as I learned lol. It has 62 percent on rotten tomates so this is absolutely a fair placement for this movie . Just watching the trailer I am a little annoyed it last over so many of my favorites lol.  Children of Men is a fantastic film and not one we should lose yet against this movie. It is just simply put not good enough. 

Saving Children of Men 

Edited by *Diana

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Tom’s Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Tom’s Noms Posted)

There Will Be Blood

Sorry @Alex95 but I am glad I can make you proud in one way. I wanted to save Miss Congeniality quickly which is probably a good thing considering the very next post was cutting it. Yikes :dead: regardless back to There Will Be Blood. Obviously at this point, we all know me by now, this is not a film that would be up my ally at all. It was released in 2007. and Is highly reviewed by critics and viewer a like. it is a pretty popular film. Many love earning it a impressive 91 percent on rotten tomatoes.  Look, I love a good Daniel Day-Lewis movie like the next girl, this type of film just does not appeal to me. I need to watch more of Paul Dano as well as I remember him being great in this film as well. Good acting just not a favorite of mine at this point in the game.

SAVING Miss Congeniality

• Sad 1

in-bruges-4fe468469cb99.png

d0d45729fd28ee8b162645d9db450866.gif

Released in 2008, In Bruges is a black comedy meet drama meet crime film that was directed and written by Martin McDonagh which also marks his feature-length debut. The film have a pretty impressived ensemble with Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes among others. The story of the film is that it takes place in Bruges, Belgium where there's two hitmen in hiding and from the trailer it seems that they're trying to not be seen or caught. From the trailer, it actually looks interesting but it's also so 2000s by the font, the music and the editing. The film saw some success among critics, especially for its screenplay and Colin Farrell's portrayal which earned him a Golden Globe Award. It currently have a 84% on RottenTomatoes, and I can certainly see its appeal but I am unsure if it's a film from the rankdown that I would put on my list to return to.

SAVING: AMELIE

Up (2009)

A house is in the air, lifted by balloons. Dug, a dog, Russel, a boy and Carl Fredricksen, an old man, hang beneath on a garden hose. "UP" is written in the top right corner. The release date "May 29" is displayed on the bottom left corner.

Up is one of my favorite movies of all time. In this game I prefer it to all the other animated films that were included except one (MAYBE two). But this game is crashing down around me and what I'm NOT going to do is sit back and tolerate a Disney/Pixar/Animated top 20. I just cannot do that. So Tom has his sights set on Monsters, Inc. and Steven wants Lilo & Stitch and we still have Shrek floating around here somewhere and some fish in Pixar AND Ghibli... They are the least controversial films in the game and this is the last cycle. They can't all be eliminated at final cuts. Anyway, this film is iconic. The opening sequence is a brilliant little morsel of filmmaking. Kevin is iconic. The acting they got out of the child voice actor is amazing. The unconventional leads are amazing. Dug is iconic. The character arc is amazing. I think the weakest part is the climax with the chase scenes and all that. But it is a brilliant film and better than most of the animated and most of the non-animated.

Save Children of Men so Tom can have a nice final cut to ruin my life for good

• Like 1