Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven's Battle Next)

Cast Away (2000)

Cast away film poster.jpg

I did not enjoy Cast Away when I saw it. This movie contributed to my minor vendetta against Tom Hanks for a while. However I saw it many many many years ago and don't really remember much except how much I didn't like it. I might have just been an annoying teenager with bad taste. Oh well! If more people cared about this then they would have voted it through. This movie is about a FedEx worker who gets marooned on an island. We follow him as he tries to survive and escape. This scenario is one that everyone always thinks about. What would you do stranded on an island by yourself? How would you survive? What would you wish you had? What would you be good at? We watch Tom Hanks go through anguish trial and error as he figures it out. Wilson is iconic and this movie made a pretty big splash in pop culture. I don't think it had ever been nominated so I was curious as to whether it had any support and it turns out not much.

The Last King of Scotland (2006)

Last king of scotland uk.jpg

The movie best known for getting Forest Whitaker his Academy Award for Best Actor. Another movie that was never nominated and apparently didn't have much support after all. I think that Forest got a better reception for his work in the movie than the actual movie itself, which was above average but not mind-blowing. Forest didn't stop at the Oscar, he also got the BAFTA, Globe, Critic's Choice, and SAG for his performance. Kind of a big deal. Who else is here? James McAvoy, Kerry Washington, and Gillian Anderson. The movie is about a real life historical figure, Idi Amin, who was the President/dictator of Uganda in the 70s. The character is real but as always, the movie adds some stuff/characters that aren't completely accurate. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven's Battle Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana's Battle Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana's Battle Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Dee's Battle Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Dee's Battle Posted)

By a unanimous 5-0 vote Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets + The Princess Diaries has won the battle! Blood Diamond + Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street have now been eliminated and @Deeee has 24 hours to do their writeups.

That means @*Chris will close the battle rounds off with the final battle of the game!

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Chris' Battle Next)