SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Cycle 9: Vegas Week Guys and Girls Routines

9Dqinsm.pngeE0ZKBg.pngMxTPErp.pngstLK0L2.png

It's the final choreography round of Vegas Week! This is the last time the dancers have to pick up choreography to show that they have the skill and versatility needed to make the live shows. No more immunities. No more second chances. The dancers either have what it takes, or they don't.

As I noted before, I had to get a little creative for the math to line up correctly. So if anyone needs clarification on any rules, I am here to help! 

There are 8 rankers left. The rankers will be nominating in pairs. Therefore, there are 4 rounds in this cycle. I assigned the rest of the pairs and asked the randomizer for the nomination order:

UFLImRn_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

1. @.Rei & @totes4totes

2. @sublymonal & @JC

3. @Zoey & @Elliott

4. @*Diana & @*Amanda

When it is your turn to nominate, your pair must choose 14 dancers to nominate. You must nominate an even number for both the guys and the girls (our NB contestants are learning the Guys Routine, so Megz and Sasha are included with the guys). For example, you can nominate 6 girls and 8 guys. 10 girls and 4 guys. 14 guys and 0 girls. 

The other 6 rankers then get to cut/save. If you cut a girl, you have to save a girl. If you cut a guy, you have to save a guy. 

After the other rankers make their decisions, there will be 2 dancers leftover. The pair who posted the nominations then gets to choose which dancer is cut and which dancer is saved. The decision must be made together. If you can't agree, please let me know and we will use the randomizer. I don't have a preference about who does the write-up. I can assign half a write-up to each person if necessary lol.

ONE ADDITIONAL RULE:

There are 4 rounds. Every ranker will be participating in 1 round as a pair, and 3 rounds as an individual. For 1 of the 3 rounds you are playing as an individual, you must save 2 dancers instead of 1 cut and 1 save. It is up to you when to use your double-save. 

SUMMARY:

In no particular order, here is how the four rounds will look for each ranker:

• Nominate 14 as a pair, then cut 1/save 1 as a pair
  • Cut 1/save 1 by yourself (from the same gender group)
  • Cut 1/save 1 by yourself (from the same gender group)
  • Save 2 by yourself (from the same gender group)

I will send each pairs a private message when it is their turn to nominate. They will have 36 hours from the time I send the message to prepare the 14 nominations.

Edited by FrogLenzen

Lol Derek I tried to reread multiple times but I’m still confused 😂 The math doesn’t make sense to me or I’m not understanding a rule. Maybe you can spell out an example round and how the 14 dancers would be cut/saved? Or maybe I’m just dumb and everyone else will understand

edit: now I get it, we nominate as pairs but cut/save as individuals 

Edited by JC

3 minutes ago, JC said:

Lol Derek I tried to reread multiple times but I’m still confused 😂 The math doesn’t make sense to me or I’m not understanding a rule. Maybe you can spell out an example round and how the 14 dancers would be cut/saved? Or maybe I’m just dumb and everyone else will understand

edit: now I get it, we nominate as pairs but cut/save as individuals 

LOL I’m sorry for it being confusing. I had to try to find a way to get 8 rankers to make 20 cuts… so everyone gets 2.5 cuts each lololol

On 10/12/2021 at 9:11 PM, *Diana said:

Hayley Erbert

xM95EQw.png

I had a whole write up done and IDF crashed so alas let's start this again. I guess this is my time for a controversial cut. I don't know though. Season 10 is a target for me now. Hayley was on season 10 and she lasted until top 6. I wanted her gone before then. LOL I have never been Hayley fan like ever so this cut really shouldn't be shocking at all for anyone. Plus she is dating a Hough. That should be warrant a cut just on principle. EW. Sorry to any of her fans but I am taking the chance to cut her so she just doesn't over stay her welcome like she always does in these games.

Saving: Carly Blaney

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 9 - Noms posted)

SpeedyAbleHapuku-size_restricted.gif
ARASSAY REYES

If we’re cutting people who are a threat then I’m going to go with Arassay. Arassay was a Contemporary dancer who made the top eight of So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season One. She was Nico’s partner therefore she was popular and made it deep in to the competition. I don’t know what my favourite routine of hers is but I do feel bad that she had to dance a Lindy-Hop for one of her final routines because no one should ever have to learn that. She’d probably be in my top ten of that season but I prefer other females and I have a feeling she’d make it much further if I didn’t cut her here.

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Zoey and I aren’t making our decisions together?

I’m so confused on this round’s format 

10 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I think just the nominations are together?

Right, just the nominations and the last cut left for your nominations