SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Twist: Nigel's Influence

edqLN0W_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand946bVfB_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand6W0cEyW_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandyHHkLJ8_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandn071tcp_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandgyOLKpp_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandTJugWel_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand1ELxFg3_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandPhOGO1n_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand8FKKX1r_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandYV7ePzq_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandsW1O5Ly_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandRASHQti_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand4ayz7UX_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand065rq3R_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandEYmzsDv_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandIogRwo6_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandOZdI4SO_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand6QaobJd_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

It's no secret that Nigel is obsessed with gender. He likes his men to be men and his women to be women. You can see his influence on American Idol, where the girls and guys were split up in the semi-finals for many years. You can see his influence on SYTYCD (obviously) where there are guy/girl couples, and even sometimes a separate winner for guys and girls. Usually same-sex couples weren't tolerated until the finale. Season 7's eliminations and All Stars forced his hand a bit (resulting in some epic and iconic routines), but he always seemed to gravitate back to the same guy/girl format.

For SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0, the Top 20 had 10 guys and 10 girls. It was unprecedented, because there were no gender requirements to make it happen. For our Top 20, there will also be no gender requirements. We are not having separate winners. However, there will be a gender requirement for our Top 100 live shows. This is the only gender requirement in the game.

Right now, we have 128 dancers left in the game: 67 women, 59 men, and 2 non-binary. 28 dancers must be eliminated to get to our Top 100 live shows. The rules for the upcoming cycle(s) will have limitations based on gender. Now that I know the mix of contestants in the Top 128, I have to update the numbers on the front page and do some math to see exactly what rules will be used going forward. The way the non-binary contestants will be assigned is going to be based on what I need for numbers. I may utilize a randomizer if it's a choice between the two contestants. I will make those decisions clear when I have the next set of rules ready.

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @totes4totes @.Rei @Zoey 

Edited by FrogLenzen

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Twist posted)
On 2/18/2022 at 2:42 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Updated list of missing write-ups:

Elliott

155. Serge Onik (US11)

156. Robbie Kmetoni (AU3)

Amanda

151. Jordan Casanova (US8)

152. Jessica Prince (AU3)

143. Musa Cooper (US1)

138. Natalia Gap (PO8)

124. Stephen "tWitch" Boss (US4)

Andrew

131. William Wingfield (US4)

123. Renee Ritchie (AU3)

Plus Elliott needs a photo for Jessie and Andrew needs a photo for LoFro

For Cycle 9 everyone needs to pair up!

Spoiler Alert: You will be nominating in pairs lol.

You may choose your own pairs. BUT CHOOSE WISELY. When I have the pairs I can post the full rules of the next cycle.

Edited by FrogLenzen

Okay, I think I figured out the numbers and the rules. We're going to have a quick vote for our NB contestants since I think I can make it work either way.  

Please write your name next to the routine you would like Megz to learn:

Guys Routine - 

Girls Routine - 

Please write your name next to the routine you would like Sasha to learn:

Guys Routine - 

Girls Routine - 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Okay, I think I figured out the numbers and the rules. We're going to have a quick vote for our NB contestants since I think I can make it work either way.  

Guys Routine - 

Girls Routine - 

Guys Routine - 

Girls Routine - 

i vote for whichever way makes it easier for both of them to make it to top 100 ❤️

6 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i vote for whichever way makes it easier for both of them to make it to top 100 ❤️

Guys Routine - Megan

Girls Routine - 

Guys Routine - Megan

Girls Routine - 

• Thanks 1

Jessica Prince

THE-DREAM-ENDS-FOR-JESS.jpg

Jessica is a ballroom dancer who appeared on Australia season 3. She was partnered with Heath for the first 5 weeks, and they danced Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary, Tango, another Contemporary, Hip-Hop and Broadway. I thought they were a pretty good partnership. Their 2 Contemporaries, Jazz and Broadway are all routines that I liked. However, their Tango and Hip-Hop were a dissapointment for me. She was partnered with Nick for Top 10 week, where they danced a Quickstep and Contemporary. I liked the Quickstep, but the Contemporary wasn't a very good routine. Sadly, she had to withdraw from the competition after this week because of injury. It's always sad when a dancer has to end their journey because they are injured. However, she's not really a huge favorite of mine. I think based on her journey, this is a fair spot to go out in with the very strong field of dancers she was up against.

• Thanks 1

Jordan Casanova

mA_T_t.gif

Sorry to any Jordan fans. I really did not expect her to get eliminated from that group. :ph34rwave: Jordan is a Jazz dancer who appeared on the very underwhelming season 8. She was partnered with Tadd and they danced a African Jazz, Viennese Waltz, Hip-Hop, Waltz, Broadway and Contemporary. Their Contemporary was easily their best routine together and one of the best routines of the season. For Top 10 week, she was partnered with Brandon Bryant who they decided to actually use for a Contemporary routine instead of the obligatory Disco for once. And the Contemporary was a very beautiful routine, definitely one of her season highlights. Top 8 week, she danced a Jazz with Ade and a Rumba with Jess which was a pretty underwhelming week overall for her. That week, she got eliminated. I thought she was good in the context of season 8, but in the grand scheme of things, she's just not a dancer that's one of my top favorites so while I'm sorry to her fans for getting her eliminated, she's not a huge loss for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Musa Cooper

Musa_Cooper.jpg

Musa is a Hip-Hop dancer who appeared on season 2. He was partnered with Natalie and I really liked their partnership! They started off their run with a pretty good Mambo and then followed it up with an amazing and underrated Contemporary routine. The following week, they danced a Quickstep which usually spells disaster for the couple who gets it but they handled it the best they could. Their final 2 routines together were a really fun Disco routine and a really fun Hip-Hop routine. Sadly, he was eliminated at Top 12 week because they were never gonna send Travis home when it was Travis vs. Musa vs. Dmitry and they decided to save Dmitry over Musa. I do think that Musa should've made the Top 10 instead of like, Ryan Rankine, but this was just one in the long line of questionable decisions the judges made at the Top 12 elimination each season. As for his placement in this rankdown, I think it is a solid spot for him to go out in.

• Thanks 1

Natalia Gap

120215860_1397673410422622_4436828831901

Ugh the decision between Natalia and Lindsay was a hard one, but I am glad that Derek saved Lindsay on my behalf. I love Natalia, but I think her longevity in this was always going to be a question because not everyone has seen the Polish seasons. Still, I'm glad I was able to get her the win for her season before she was cut. She is a Contemporary dancer who ended up finishing as the runner-up to Mateusz. Obviously I would've preferred her to win, but I'm very happy that she finished as the top female that season. During her run, she danced: an Experimental (whatever that even is???) with Hubert, a Jive with Wlodzimierz, a Contemporary with Artur, a Jazz with Michal, a Contemporary/Jazz with season 4's Lukasz Zieba, a Hip-Hop with Klaudia, a Jazz with Michal, and a Contemporary with Mateusz. She had a rough start to the season, but after those first 2 dances, I really loved everything she danced. Natalia was really just someone I connected with and I'm so happy she got as far as she did in this rankdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Stephen "tWitch" Boss

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdyZW5hZGluZS5jby9w

Sorry Wally (who's note even playing :dead: ) and any other tWitch fans, but given the choice between him and Jaja, I was always gonna save Jaja who is one of my favorites ever. But tWitch is really good! He was great in season 4. I'm not the hugest fan of the Twitchington partnership because there were  epic partnerships in Marksie, Gevney and Katua that season, but they were a solid partnership and deservingly made Top 10. My favorite of their routines would be the Mia Michaels Contemporary. Top 10 week, he had the iconic Forever Hip-Hop with Comfort and Top 8 week he had the iconic Mercy Contemporary with Katee. Sadly, he wasn't very good at Ballroom but his strengths in Hip-Hop and surprisingly Contemporary carried him through and he finished as the runner-up. But that wasn't the last we saw of tWitch. He repeatedly showed up as an all-star to take part in many amazing Hip-Hop routines over the years. Outta Your Mind, My Chick Bad, Misty Blue, My Homies Still, and Like a Criminal are all fantastic. Since SYTYCD, he went on to marry fellow alumni Allison Holker and be a  mainstay on the Ellen show. Sadly, he is eliminated here because he was up against one of my favorites in Jaja.

• Thanks 1

Guys Routine - Megan

Girls Routine - 

Guys Routine - Megan

Girls Routine - 

Groups

Diana & Amanda

???

??

?

Tomorrow I'll just go ahead assign everything lol. 

12 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I am pleasantly surprised that we actually made it all the way to the end of Vegas Week before I had to post this twist! I was afraid the guys would run out sooner and force me to post it sooner or change the plan lol

You’re welcome

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Please write your name next to the routine you would like Megz to learn:

Guys Routine - Megan; Diana 

Girls Routine - 

Guys Routine - Megan, Diana 

Girls Routine - 

Groups

Diana & Amanda

???